By eating a lot of sandwiches

Put it in the fridge.

Freeze it and just take a couple of slices out at a time ya dingus

Worst advice ever
Do not listen to this dingus

>fridge

wrong

Wait, what? Really?
I always keep bread in the fridge. I figure low temperature helps suppress mold growth, and isolates it from the very dry indoor winter air.
If you have a reason for or against, state your reason with a detailed explanation.

Put it in the freezer and eat it as toast once the freshness is waning.

Bread that has been frozen is complete shit, way worse than fridge-bread. Or because it gets a little dry, it upsets you? Whitebread faggots.

Turn it into a bread bowl and eat soup out of it.

Yes, it keeps for longer in the fridge but goes stale faster.

Have some and before it goes mouldy turn it into bread pudding

That's why you eat it as toast you Mongol.

Staling is the retrogradation and recrystallization of starch, not a loss of moisture. Low temperatures speed up the process.

Buy whole loaves as opposed to pre-sliced.

slice it up and put in a freezer bag and freeze it.

>Bread that has been frozen is complete shit,
I've been freezing my bread for decades. Frozen bread is perfectly fine. Just pop it in a toaster oven and it's like new.

Cut the slices really thick

living in florida, I've tested this tons of times. the fridge always keeps bread and chips fresher and keeps them from going stale a lot longer. corn chips specifically, last fucking forever in the fridge and I don't even keep them sealed. they would be shit in a few days outside of the fridge. literally just made an egg sandwich with almost 2 week old fridge bread that still tastes fine.

just try it yourself OP if you live in the south, no reason not to.

Turn half of the loaf into croutons for salads and soups and use the other half like you normally would.

Sincerely don't see what you think living in Florida has to do with it dummy. :|

Just eat the whole fucking loaf in,one sitting like a hamster eating a fuckton of seeds.
Videotpe it and put it on youtube, then use your ad revenue to buy more bread you can hamster until you have a sustainable income.
You're welcome.

Because Florida is hot and humid.
Very different than say, Chicago, where the indoor relative humidity is below 10%.

yes this is what I was referring to

>10%
when I run my dehumidifier, it's usually at 60% and won't ever get lower than 40% after running all day. also my place is 80° when I'm not at home.

Freeze half

You dumbass, I'm not in the tropics like you. The temperature outside is near zero, the furnace heats the indoor air to room temp.
Very few people add humidity. Its expensive to do, requires a lot of maintenance, and it fogs up the windows. We just deal with the dryness on cold days.
And yes, the indoor relative humidity is often around 10%. I touch my cat and a static electricity spark jumps from my finger. That's just how it is in winter, anything and everything dries out fast as hell, and that's why the bread goes in the fridge. Do you want super dry bread? I dont.

Why would you want it lower than 40? Where I live it is almost always around 5-10% and it feels like hell. Hair and skin always feels like shit and my nose is always irritated. I have tried humidifiers but they can never actually keep up.

I live in Ottawa and the winter RH in my house is 10-15%. I run a humidifier to get it around 30-45%, but that takes a lot of distilled water to maintain.

When it's that dry you wake up feeling almost hungover, sinuses feel clogged, nose dry, etc. It's good for keeping the house free of mold and reducing dust mite numbers, but that's about it.

wrong, depends on the bread. I eat Ezekiel bread and if you leave it out it will go bad very quickly 1 week, if you put it in the fridge it will stay good for at least 3 weeks.

Putting in the freezer is good too, but be careful, apparently a lot of people injure themselves trying to pry apart frozen bread/bagels with knives.

do they make half-size loaves
is that even possible

Make bunny chow.

science isn't wrong you faggot.

If it starts to go stale and you don't want to just do toast, you can make croutons, sopa de ajo, stuffing, and breadcrumbs

Retrogradation does force out water, though.

Make your own bread so you can just make little loaves AND have fresh bread all the time.

Honestly I just turn it on every couple days and don't pay attention to it. I've never used a dehumidifier until I moved to inland florida where a lot of water will pool up on window sills during winter and mold is everywhere. lived here my whole life so I don't know what it's like living in a dry climate.

Floridafags FTW.

Make bread puddings and shit idk

There are tons of uses for bread that dont involve toast or sandwiches. If ypu have some leftover you can also make breadcrumbs and bread some chicken or something and breadcrumbs last

>just plan a day in advance of when you actually WANT fresh bread
nah, denying yourself or making yourself wait is cuckolding yourself

>sandviches
>texas toast
>bread for soups
>toasting it and making a breading
>snacks
Do you need me to hold your hand too?

Only when he goes wee-wee.

Yes they do

Is this the bread thread?
2nd tartine bread and 5th bread overall. Still a bit under fermented and I f'd up the scoring but the flavor isn't bad.

crumb shot

That looks fucking amazing.

>pulling apart frozen bread with a knife

Are americans really that stupid? What are they doing in the kitchen to begin with anyway, shouldn't they he eating at the nearest Taco bell?

>ramen
>bread
>a bottle of mayonnaise from 2010 i have never opened

the gang's all here

>Eat 1-2 slices a day for breakfast.
>Finish a loaf within a week
>???
>No mold.

american loaves have upwards of 100 slices, good luck with that

Freeze it.

Don't be a faggot about freshness if you're not baking your own.

Get gf

I have one she doesn't eat bread

Bake a smaller loaf

Slice it thick and make garlic bread. Dehydrate the rest and make bread crumbs.

Maybe there are special snowflake breads that don't benefit but putting bread in the fridge/freezer has been the only way besides eating 8 sandwiches a week, I've been able to get through a loaf of bread without throwing away atleast a third

I toast all my bread and haven't noticed a anything off when it comes from the fridge. Freezing isn't ideal but its what I do with once in a while things like burger buns

Toast, dumplings, breadcrumbs, croutons. Stale bread is the most useful thing in your kitchen.

Looks stodgy

Buy quality bread instead of processed industrial shit.

but quality bread goes bad much faster than the industrial bullshit.

I think he means you'll eat more and faster because it's better tasting.

I GAVE YOU THE ANSWER AT THE START OF THIS THREAD YA DINGUS

WHY IS THIS STILL BEING DISCUSSED?

Honestly, I buy nice bakery bread and when I feel like it's getting old I throw it in the freezer. You can pop out a couple pieces and put them right in the toaster or defrost them for just "bread" - if you're making lunches, they'll be ready by the afternoon.

Why are you buying a whole loaf?
Cant you get individual roll-sized pieces of bread from your bakery?
They are available in any style you want, for lonely fags like you. Just buy a couple small ones at a time and always have fresh bread with no waste.
Also why did you need me to tell you this? Bread is always better fresh, you can not effectively archive it for long term storage. That means you buy it frequently, in smaller quantities.
This isn't rocket surgery, you faggot.

buy sourdough or make your own preferment bread, it lasts twice as long