How are these STEM student loan payments coming along?

>Fuck you Navient I currently owe $78k for Phd in computer science from UCLA.

>he isn't a trust fund baby
debt: 0$

Britbong here, I owe around £30,000

Computer science is flooded with people taking it. Its the new law degree. The diversity crowd will soon destroy any job oppurtunities.

I owe nothing because my grandmother bought government bonds for me when I was born, which matured and I received when I turned 18. I also worked before and during school and was able to barely afford it, spending every last cent of my life savings on my education. Now I have nothing but a bachelors degree and no hope for attending grad school.

Why no hope?

I hear that pretty much every degree is terrible. Computer science will still be better than philosophy though, at least in term of job opportunities.

Wait did you take out loans then work yourself to the bone to repay them while attending school or what? Part of the point of debt is that you can pay it off long-term in a way that isn't painful. You talk as if your life has gone to crap but don't really elaborate as to how/why.

You worked during school... so even if it isn't industry-relevant experience, you have job experience.

You have a bachelor's degree.. presumably you can do something with that.

And no student debt. What's the problem? Did your job make you get a 2.0 GPA or something?

they pay you to go to grad school you fucking retard, you don't pay them

Between a joocy scholarship and holding a job while studying (2 jobs at some point), $0.

Double honours chemistry/physics

>all for nought and Starbucks is my destiny

How? Why can't you pick up some entry level lab tech position?

Nah I'm starting a PhD at Toronto next year, but I already know my inevitable fate

Should have just done trades and studied science in my spare time, job market is shit

Job market where at? There's no need to dig yourself a deeper hole with a PhD if you're already concerned about employment.

>PAYING to do a phd
>at UCLA of all places
Are you fucking retarded?

Surprise, the OP is a trolling 20 year old undergraduate and also an idiot

But I enjoy the research and I'm getting paid (though not glamorously), it's better than a shitty retail job or being a QC monkey surrounded by Zhangs and Patels

I'd rather stay in school a few more years before accepting my fate, it's fun

Meds student here from northern Europe.

Got zero debt, government pays 550€/month for studying plus I do one shift a week, which earns me a bit over 500€/month.

Life's pretty smooth.

you must be stupid as fuck if you paid your own money for a stem PhD from UCLA

I paid off everything. Here's one for you "worthless physics degree" memesters.
I graduated with a masters in physics 2 years ago.

Finland stronk!

Austria here, i get 260€/Month from the government for studying physics even though i'm a brainlet.

>paying for a STEM phd
You fucked up, user. Kill yourself before it gets worse.

i did a 4 year stint in the Navy chasing pussy, drinking beer, and getting valuable technical experience. i just completed an engineering degree at a private university at no cost to me thanks to the GI bill (i actually got paid a modest stipend while attending school).

i now have a cush job managing water and agricultural resources for the federal government.

I'm psure you can incur debt from non-studying related activities while getting your Ph.D.

Stipends are usually absolute shit ($1000/month if you're extremely lucky) and some people have families, reaponsibilites, etc. and others simply want a new car and a nice apartment and most banks are more than happy to loan huge sums of money to doctoral students.