I want to read something that may actually help me think of how to be successful and more sociable and I keep getting...

I want to read something that may actually help me think of how to be successful and more sociable and I keep getting this recommended. I figured I'd come here and ask if this is a good book or if there are better alternatives.

This is a book for cucks, don't be a cuck.

I'm trying to avoid cuckery. Please show me the way.

>trying to avoid

real man does not try, he just does you cuck

But how can I be a cuck if I have no woman? I must first be a suitable mate to even think of being a cuck.

IMO Art of Seduction is a much better book as it covers a lot more than just mild-mannered cucking, it will more profoundly impact you as a device for appealing to peoples desires and tastes, pretty much everyone likes flattery.

48 Laws of Power is unnecessary unless you're in some deep cuckery bullshit.

Sociability is largely dependent on your ability to be interesting AND sexy. Go read some -philosophy and make it sexy. Deleuze and Guattari are the best example of this (especially if you want to avoid cuckery, or at least limit it to acceptable amounts.) If you really want to engender a style go read Anti-Oedipus, it's kind of like the build-a-bear workshop of developing a personality, you'll learn a lot from it considering how mentally damaged you are. I'm a commie in many respects so I tend to align with that aesthetic, however you can warp the basic tenants of these books to whatever deranged self-serving ideology you encapsulate.

Try not to be stupid and summon any demons you can't control, you can easily end up in meme hell with a pitchfork up your ass for a couple eternities.

There is nothing EXPLICITLY wrong with cucking. I admit I've come very close to cucking, it's a suitable pathway for an awkward loser to take if he wants to get laid. It's just such a risky and precarious endeavour that I would avoid it all together, very satisfying if done with the right amount of love and carefulness, but in that case it's less of cucking and more of just art. The largest problem with cucking is it's artificial and dangerous. Wait until you're a higher level. In many respects it's a cuck or be cucked world, so don't be afraid if the opportunity opens itself to you, just don't get mad if you get sucked into a black void of hatred deceit because it will be your own damn fault.

great post 2bh

I'm going to take a look at this book, I'm interested even if from the summary it is just super commie hippy shit. I'm afraid I don't get the summoning demons joke though.

>But how can I be a cuck if I have no woman

you answered your own question lol

Reading about doing is stupid.

What is the best way to learn to shoot a free throw? Reading a book about the perfect free throw, or shooting as many free throws as possible?

After you have gone through a shitload of trial and error, then maybe pick up some reading material to inform your next set of trial and error. But don't be a sheep and let a book dictate what you do.

This book is pretty good for identifying toxic people and how others will try to manipulate you, so yeah, read it.

Although if it's connecting with people you're more concerned with, you should look at something else. I am about to start How To Make Friends And Influence People, anyone have an opinion on that?

So, to connect that to your OP:

>successful
That's pretty fucking vague, but based on your meme-book, I assume you mean in work. Well, work hard. Work constantly. Not much more beyond that unless you give more details.

>sociable
This is easier to connect. Try to talk to people. Try to make new friends. Try to speak with women. Try to speak up in meetings. Just keep trying things.

This is the train of thought I've been following all my life and it has lead me to a very average place in life, in terms of socialization. I just want to be able to walk into a social situation and own it, not necessarily be the center of attention, but to have the control to put myself into whatever position I desire.

this
> I just want to be able to walk into a social situation and own it

underage bait

>whatever position I desire

Give an example of a position in a social situation so I know what you mean.

If you have been attempting this all your life without improvement, then you may not have been thinking about your actions. It isn't as simple as just trying things constantly. You need the "error," part, too. Why didn't X work? What will I try next time?

Otherwise you may just be an autistic failure.

It is super commie hippy shit. Where I live that stuff is pretty popular so you can kind of get away with it, and this book puts an interesting enough spin on it to sort of veil the hippy bullshit.

The whole premise of the book of the construction of conceptual devices through language, the writers ran a clinic for schizophrenics where the patients were also the staff and social hierarchy was eliminated, so despite the pseudoscience feel of the book, they had actual experience is psychiatry and insane people, this is a very real analysis of the schizophrenic experience.

This book is very much a simulation of an acid trip and affects semiotics in the very same way that those kinds of drugs do, it's sort of like self-induced psychosis which sounds scary but, combined with the Art of Seduction is a very VERY powerful social tool, even if you're buttfart ugly. By summoning demons I mean there is a very good chance that a novice with little social experience can legit go paranoid crazy with this book (the book warns of you of this early on and it legit happened to me for a lil so don't take this warning lightly). Essentially if you fuck up your "signifying chains" it will feel like everyone hates you, albeit I did a FUCKTON of acid so that contributed to it.

Beyond the hippy bullshit this book covers all the random ass aspects of post-modern society you wouldn't really think about. Like the fact that "loneliness" is just a bullshit social construct you invented to attain superiority through your feeling of exclusion, which is a totally honest and legitimate feeling, but after reading this book you may realize how much of a whiney bitch you've been your whole life, I sure did.

You can also harcore fuck up peoples relationships with this book, it's was partly written as a guide to fucking with monogamy, but has far more expansive uses than that, especially in a society where relationships are more fluid.

This is fuckawful advice. I am currently learning to draw. I drew constantly through elementary and middle school with hardly any improvement. When I picked it up again and read some books on the subject, I improved leaps and bounds. Study and practice should go hand in hand.

Don't listen to the fuckbois. How to Make Friends and Influence people is pure fuckboi bullshit.

Just "having friends" is pure fuckboi bullshit too don't fall for that trap.

The major premise behind Anti-Oedipus is essentially unhappiness is caused by a repressed libido, everyone just wants to be turned on and IS turned on by virtually all experience, and the key to forming unique and meaningful social bonds is done by opening up your emotions to other people in a way that makes you truly vulnerable, a kind of spastic meandering of the heart.

If you want to have friends, don't follow a bullshit guide, don't just go out and "talk" to people. Get them red-faced and flustered. Make them feel your presence, People talk about "vibes" like it's hippy bullshit, and in many ways it is, but your emotional intuition is perhaps the most profound form of connection you can have with another human being.

If you have social problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a libido ain't one

I said use the reading material to inform your trial and error.

You drew, you hit a plateau, you studied books, you applied and messed around by drawing and failing and succeeding some more, no?

Does style come from your own experimentation and interpretation or from consuming as much of the literature as possible?

Fact is, somebody asking vague questions about "success" and "being sociable" and "putting themselves into whatever position they desire" has no idea what they are asking.

They are meme dreaming about a fantasy power of social manipulation or ignoring their ineptitude at the basics.

The difference is, you probably picked up books to draw specific bits of a figure or certain types of objects better. Fucko over here isn't asking specific questions like "What makes good small talk?" or "What is my body language saying here?"

He is asking vague questions, and hitting the books won't do anything until he experiments enough to get some good questions.

As someone who is pretty much borderline autistic there is a lot of stuff that has be explained or elaborated upon for someone with little experience to even begin being social.

Experience does not always qualify as knowledge, and if you're like me where you've spent most your life in isolation, having a mentor and reading books does a hell of a lot to develop your skillset rather than going out and being awkward until you lose self-confidence. I'm not saying you shouldn't go out and experience, but don't knock someone because they don't understand the basics, theory and practice are relatively equal in their importance

So knowing full well that I may not know exactly what I want instead of informing me that I should be focusing on more specific things like body language and small talk you just psychoanalyze me based on a couple posts I made on an anonymous image board?

Don't assume I live a secluded lifestyle. I socialize, I party, I know how to talk to people but its never anything substantial. I don't want to learn how to small talk, thats easy shit, I want to know how I can use small talk to enhance a conversation eventually.

Yes I have a hard time articulating what I want and it's not your job to ask me questions until I know but don't go off making uninformed assumptions.

Only assumption I made was that you were inept at the basics, I didn't say anything about you being a shut-in or attempt to understand you at all really.

If you cannot articulate what you want, how will you pick a book? Somebody will tell you read X, and you will let the book dictate what you want to learn.

You want to know how you can use small talk to enhance a conversation. That's a good jumping off point. That is a good way to drive the conversation when you are asking for advice.

What kinds of small talk do you feel don't enhance a conversation? What kinds of small talk do you feel add a lot to a conversation?

While I understand what you are saying, this OP is 100% not autistic according to himself.

Theory and practice are completely unequal in importance, especially in socializing. Do the best joke-tellers, story-tellers, or womanizers you know have a theory behind their efforts?

Never mind the fact that you can only test a theory by practicing.

Do you even understand the pragmatics of English, angry person? The idiocy/urgency of your response indicates that you do not.

Sponiety is itself a theory. Weather you like it or not, not relying on theory is a theory grounded in natural intuition. Yes many of the best philosopher's, story tellers and artists are grounded in some sort of theory, even if that theory is a perpetual lack of theory.

The goal is not to copy paste someone's lifestyle, but use books as a tool to craft your own humanity and integrate yourself into the social sphere. Specifics such as body language etc are a waste of time.

Isn't the normal answer is How to Win Friends?

sponiety = spontaneity? If so, that is not what I am advocating.

>not relying on theory is a theory grounded in natural intuition

I am not against theory. Calling everything a theory is a meme-tier argument. If lack of a theory is a theory to you then I don't want to have this conversation.

>use books as a tool to craft your own humanity and integrate yourself into the social sphere

This is what I am essentially advocating, with the caveat that you cannot begin with someone's theory because it is going to cause you to put all your little social data points into a box from the outset.