How cooked do you like your steak done, Veeky Forums?

How cooked do you like your steak done, Veeky Forums?

Medium rare masterrace reporting in

Same, but I don't care how other people like their steak.

The only time is pisses me off is when it know a well done steak is going to bump a ticket time from 9 minutes to 18 minutes because one faggot at the table has to have theirs well done.

>6 top
>everybody orders medium rare
>some punk bitch orders well done
>now 5 people have to wait while they upcook your steak and ours sit under a heat lamp

Fuck you well done person, fuck you.

What is even the point of a black/blue steak? Go to your local grocery store, buy some steak, and take a bite out of it as is. You're really going to sit there and tell me that tastes good? Fuck off, pretentious emeril legasse wannabe retard

I've never even seen a restaurant offer a black/blue steak desu. It was just on the pic.

The only kind of steak you'd be able to eat at blue would not be available at a grocery store.

I always thought rare beef was 140f

Kill bacteria on outside.

Uncooked meat leave me with a fucked over mild fever ....... Fuck Sickening foods

My cousin is a killer chef and clearly enjoys his steaks bleu

I don't understand why people get extremely vocal and outspoken when I say I prefer my streak well done. Absolutely everyone I talk to has to enlighten me in regards to how I like my steak cooked, and I find it ridiculous.

Sir, would you please leave the board.

> steak
> well done

But why?

This chart is fucked, medium rare is 134f. Rare is 120-124f.

It does taste good. The taste isn't the problem, the problem is the texture and microbes.

I don't really eat steak because I find it tough and flavourless. But when I do it's got to be well done

:^)

medium/medium well
anything less than medium rare is disgusting
well done is stupid

i just cook it till the temp reads safe to eat so its usually very rare if not colder

Can only eat medium now after one year I went to a Xmas party and had rare steak. I didn't know it but I had caught the winter vomiting bug. Next day was throwing up the steak and blood/juices from it. Was fucking disgusting.

I like rare but I'll eat steak basically at any done-ness

get the fuck out of here you piece of shit

Why not give the other ways a chance? Surely well done can't be the end all be all.

In most cases, with cow meat the problem with bacterias lie on the surface since the meat is so dense bacterias and shit do not penetrate the inside. That is why it is adviced to cook the outside.

this to be honest family

Leave.

r u me?

Do you even have to cook it to reach Black and Blue? Its pretty much eating it right after killing the cow.

very rare pan seared

I wonder, what you do, when you get meat directly from amateur farm/hunting/SHTF/whatever. Don't you need to cook it well done to kill parasites inside?
Just asking because I have no idea.

Medium

Parasites are very rare, user. Even in wild game. The chance of anything getting you sick is astonishingly small.

Also, cooking to "medium" is more than enough to kill parasites.

Black and blue

enjoy your flavorless garbage everyone else

Always well done

sous vide rare

we usually fire the overcooked shit first then a few minutes later fire the rest of the order for the normal people.

>eating raw meat
Fucking animals like vid related

obviously well done

who the fuck wants to eat raw meat

I think liking "medium rare" steaks is the biggest Veeky Forums meme

>medium rare
>Veeky Forums meme

Parasites rare in wil game? I'm gonna need some proofs.

Almost every single thread about steak on Veeky Forums has some sort of picture like this with weird rancid looking grainy steak

Really unsettling

I'm sure everyone acts like eating raw meat is a real thing to make fun of newfags, like /tv/ talking about the no singles policy in theathers or people saying Heaven was a hacker that posted everywhere

Rare master race.

Take it off the grill at 110F, and after 3 minutes of rest it's a perfect 120F inside.

USDA states that trichnosis is killed at 130F for 30 minutes. Specifically, what wild game parasite are you scared of? There aren't any greater boogeymen, really, unless you subscribe to the path of autism and see curlicues under your bed at night.

Depends on the cut. Something lean like tenderloin, rare.

Something fattier like ribeye, medium-rare to medium to get the fat rendered.

>somehow the steak raises temp off of a heat source

bud,
that's not what happens

this nigga is trying to kill you

>outside of center temp is above 110
>temp can't seep inside to center in 3 minutes

This is how retarded you look right now

>>somehow the steak raises temp off of a heat source

As a whole? No. But the steak isn't the same temperature all over. The outside is hotter than the interior. While it rests that heat evens out. The outside cools down and the inside warms up. It's called "carryover cooking". Google it.

Imagine putting ice cubes in a glass of water. The ice cubes are below 0 C. The water is above that temperature because it's still liquid. As the glass sits, the cubes warm up and melt and the water cools down, eventually reaching equilibrium at the same temperature. Same principle. A small piece of meat like a steak will only raise in temp a small amount--maybe 5 or 10 degrees at most. A larger cut of meat like a roast in the oven could do more than that.

Idk, what level is this?

well done. fite me

Put your dukes then

medium well

By your chart... Anywhere from "very rare" to "black and blue".

Yeah most of the time I get medium rare.

Unless it's a crappy cut of steak or the cook doesn't cook steak very well, then I get medium.

Very bad posts, no direction to your argument.

I heard there are toughter species of trichnosis.
I wouldn't risk.

Same steak is just goddamn delicious. I understand having a preference but are you really going to say no to steak?

I've never eaten steak, would I hate medium rare at first? Is it a bit of an acquired taste, or is it accessible?

What is same steak?

>He's never had carpaccio

Literally get off of Veeky Forums

Well-done

beef carpaccio is my jam. I get people to try it all the time and I use their reaction as a barometer for if I like them or not.

>tfw french
>tfw all my familly made me eat Very Rare/Rare from young age
New when i eat something over medium it feel chewey and unsatisfying, feel somewhat bad

Thought that was just latent heat.