How to properly start with the greeks?

As the title says how do I properly start with the greeks because even though there are several imagecharts with books about it, every time someone posts them he get told that its lacking books and considering how important context is in both literature and philosophy I really don't want to miss something so please help me.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/mobilebasic
docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/pub
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Click on return
>Read the sticky

You're welcome user

Ok, first you need to learn Homeric Greek.

I've obviously seen it already but is that enough, considering how outdated most stickies are.
There is a difference between missing a important book and learning a entire language.

The sticky is not outdated at all, albeit it is missing on a couple of thigs.

Just follow on of the two SwtG charts or a combination of the two and you will be good to go.

Also, learning Ancient Greek would be good, although I understand if you don't have the time or desire to do so (I would assume you have the resources since you have an internet connection and the Reading Greek series and Athenaze are in libgen).

Things*
One*

Typing from my phone, my bad.

Learn the language first and foremost

for philosophy:
docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/mobilebasic

>learn the language
Is that some new meme that I missed because I'm sure learning the language would take way more than is needed and I don' t think philo phds know it either.

>I don' t think philo phds know it either
If Mark Wahlberg knows some what's their excuse?

At least where I live it's required to study philosophy

>is that enough, considering how outdated most stickies are.
Ancient greeks have not written a lot since the sticky was posted, so no. It's not outdated.

It's not a meme. I even said it would be very helpful, but it's not totally necessary as long as you have an excellent edition.

>I don't think philo phds know it either

Why would you assume that? I know some philo undergrads, grads and phds who are learning or already know Ancient Greek.

But the anons who made the sticky might forgotten something?

I've seen it already and will most likely end up doing this or just combining all guides in one.
I will obviously pirate all the books but still will try to learn Ancient Greek on the side so what would be the best way to?

docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/pub

Related question.
How should i start reading post-Rome literature? Is there any chart?

There are a couple of methods. If you just want philosophy and are not interested in the Greek Bible or Homer, then learn Attic Greek. The former is written in Koine dialect and the latter in Homeric dialect. The differences are not enormous but they require study.

You can find in libgen the Reading Greek series and Athenaze. Those are the standard works for learning Attic Greek. You may read them side by side. Google them for more information.

And if you want to learn Koine (slightly easier than Attic), I recommend Mounce's Basic of Biblical Greek, also on libgen (both Grammar and Workbook). If you want to learn Homeric dialect, I recommend Pharr's Homeric Greek book (first edition on PDF found in google; 4th edition on Amazon). There's also another course for Homeric dialect, I'll post it in a minute.

This is the other one I was talking about. You can find the two volumes in libgen.

In other words, you would only have to buy Pharr's book, and that if you really, really want the newest edition of a classic text in order to read Homer in the original.

Thanks I really appreciate it and I use mostly libgen anyway.

You are welcome.

For online Ancient Greek dictionaries, use Perseus. Just google Perseus greek dictionary.