How do the lungs naturally expel the tar accumulated from smoking...

How do the lungs naturally expel the tar accumulated from smoking? I cleaned the bowl piece today and when scraping that tar it was sticky and hard to wash off. But people claim that if you stop then lungs will expel the tar naturally. Welp?

once a loser, always a loser

this is a drug and drug use related question. you will probably get pretty bad responses. it is not science not is it math, please do not post off topic threads here

try a misc theme board, /b/ or /r9k/ maybe. those are probably a better bet, good luck on your weed cleaning adventure

I guess i should of tried /fit, thought human biology was science....

this is largely not bio related as it is health and fitness related.

fit maybe a good choice, but you might get shit on there too.

It doesn't expel the tar. It will absorb it slowly, eventually getting filtered out.

D...does that mean i g...get cancer?

It's called cognitive dissonance. They know they get tar in their lungs, so they make up excuses and lies to feel comfortable.

>How do the lungs naturally expel the tar accumulated from smoking?

by coughing out mucus

This. When I stopped smoking weed and cigs I coughed up mucus with dark specs for some time.

This is science you dumbfuck. Stop acting like you represent all of us

>inner lung mechanism for cleansing
>not science
Newfag get out

Not very well

You should quit while you're not dying of cancer

>b..but what about the weed cures cancer meme

This.

I bet couldn't even explain whippet pharmacokinetics in terms of lung gas exchange mechanisms

"Tar" is detrimental to lung function, but carcinogens are specific compounds. The major one is benzo[a]pyran, a fused 5-ring aromatic system metabolized in humans by a cytochrome enzyme to an epoxide which then acts as a DNA alkylator. This is formed (practically) unavoidably when burning plant matter of any sort, so it's unlikely, for instance, that marijuana is significantly less carcinogenic than tobacco.

>weed causes cancer
>weed has negative health effects
>he fell for the Republican memes

Weed will make you a fucking retard.

No shit.

Even if it had beneficial effects, you'd probably still get those through eating it.

Pharmacokinetics simply doesn't work that way

Marijuana is used medically for negating nausea in patients undergoing chemo as chemo patients often suffer from extreme nausea which causes anorexia because they cannot eat.

There were a few studies that found some benefit with particular brain cancers but then again of all cancer you're unlikely to get that kind

>Recent work by Roth et al. demonstrates that THC treatment of murine hepatoma cells caused a dose dependent increase in CYP1A1 gene transcription, while at the same time directly inhibiting the enzymatic activity of the gene product [23]. Thus, despite potentially higher levels of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons found in cannabis smoke compared to tobacco smoke (dependent on what part of the plant is smoked), the THC present in cannabis smoke should exert a protective effect against pro-carcinogens that require activation. In contrast, nicotine activates some CYP1A1 activities, thus potentially increasing the carcinogenic effects of tobacco smoke

So guys how would i get rid of this tar faster other than stop cold turkey?

bleach

>directly inhibiting the enzymatic activity of the gene product
>protective effect against pro-carcinogens
Interesting. Nice to see it's an actual in vitro assay and not a mere computation, that's something
Do we have anything on the ultimate rate over time of epoxide formation? How does the diminished rate of metabolism by CYP1A1 compare to the hydrocarbon's elimination dynamics?

Post some refs and we can have a great thread desu, too many people are uninterested in the science beyond whether or not its media coverage confirms their biases this week.