I just pressure canned 8 pints of chicken breasts. Ask me a question

I just pressure canned 8 pints of chicken breasts. Ask me a question.

what do you want to do with your life

live it

Do you rent or own?

own. Outright

What's your favorite anime?

how long would this stay edible?

Fuck off.

About a week

What is your favorite color?

That's not an anime

Only a week? What's the point?

my wife watches anime. Me not so much

safe to eat forever. Loses taste and texture over time.

purple

>safe to eat forever

please explain

everything in the jar is sterilized. Including botulism spores.
As long as its still sealed and under vaccum its safe to eat. Just like any canned food.

Spontaneous generation was disproven a long long time ago.

What's your opinion on negros?

Why not freeze them instead? Are you going for a "muh shit hits the fan" scenario or something?

I pressure can some stuff but it's mostly sundried tomatoes, roasted slices of bell pepper marinated in olive oil salt and garlic, stuff like that. Chicken though?

What's your elevation, what pressure did you can it at and for how long? Was it a hot pack or cold pack? Boneless or bone in? Do you have a dial-gauge or weighted gauge pressure cooker?

my elevation requires 13 pounds but use 15 pounds. Cold pack boneless. 75 min. It has both dial and weight

bacteria still grows in frozen food.
Why not chicken?

>purple

MAH NIGGA

Why?

to preserve some fucking meat jfc are you this dumb in real life

to eat at a future time

no shit
is chicken breast really improved all that much? surely if you are putting in the effort to bulk cook and can it has to preserve really well or the preparation for canning be different and interesting or even improve with time

are you autistic?

I'm not the one canning plain chicken breast

>purple

so you would commit to something instead of simply creating whatever you wanted when you opened the can?

>can sauce from homegrown tomatoes; congrats, you have beautiful tomato sauce year round
>can homegrown fruit preserves, see above
>can pickled veg, likewise
as opposed to
>can chicken breasts; congrats, you have 8 fucking jars of homemade chicken in a can, why didn't you just go out and buy fresh breasts at the store

didn't quote

Have you ever tried doing something and not letting everyone know about it?
You seek attention because you think it will make you happier, but does it? Don't you feel as sad as before or even worse right now?
Moral of the story, if you do things without showing them to the world you won't find happiness, but at least people won't think that you're an annoying self-centered person.

why the fuck would i drive all the way to the store to buy chicken breast not on sale, take 6 hrs to cook it?

Sure. It's not as if you have that much flexibility with canned chicken breast anyway. The cooking is already done as part of the cooking process--hell, it's probably OVERCOOKED to hell and back for canning safety anyway. What flexibility do you have left?

anything you would do with shredded chicken.....

you should have said you lived in bumfuck nowhere shacked up with your first cousin with your retard child chained up in the basement then when I fucking asked

why would i lie? The store is 10 min away

Good job. I canned some home smoked salmon following the University of Alaska guidelines this summer when you could buy wildcaught fresh sockeye salmon. Best fucking canned fish I've ever eaten. Really incredible stuff. You might check that out whenever your area has fresh wildcaught salmon, or any oily fish.

Ignore these sperges who are giving you shit. They're either too scared or stupid to comprehend how to safely can meat, are too poor to afford a pressure cooker, or are just jealous.

So nothing good, in other words.

If you want to make a chicken dish that's braised until it falls apart then why are you using breasts instead of thighs?

then where does the 6 hours come from?
is this all just a ruse

im not making a chicken dish. Im canning chicken breast.
Im simmering a stock right now from the bones and skin that was left over

I dont see the point in canning anything that's not seasonal.
Do you anticipate a short supply of chicken breast? Its available year round for a steady price. Seems like a pointless thing to preserve, if you have a bulk quantity for any reason, a Ziploc bag and freezer is so much easier. What is the canning liquid? Is it a brine or marinade?

He said "shredded chicken", so he's cooking it until it falls apart.

it would take 6 hours to achieve the same result with normal cooking methods

>im not making a chicken dish.

But you will be, right? You said "anything you'd do with shredded chicken"...

So the end-game appears to take your canned chicken breast and then make shredded chicken with it?

My question is if your goal is to make shredded chicken in the end, why on earth are you choosing breast over leg meat?

Im canning chicken breast.

no. Im not cooking it untill it falls apart. Im pressure canning it.....
freezing ruins the texture.
Neither. Its chicken breast in a jar dude.....

you dont can chicken and then make shredded chicken with it.
Its already cooked from the canning process. Do a bit of research on canning and come back

At least brine it. Preferably with MSG solution. This would be much improved.

>Its already cooked from the canning process.

Yes, I said that back in .

My only question is that why would anyone can chicken breast in the first place? If you're going to be cooking long enough to ensure proper canning safety then it will be seriously overcooked. Why do that? Why not pick a meat that wouldn't be overcooked by the canning process?

nice b8

Also it's fucking disgusting. There's a reason jarred and canned chicken doesn't sell well.

sure it doesnt, dude..

why raw pack over hot pack?

you're running the risk of having a lot of rancid fat in your jars

nonsense.

I'm drunk

no, it's pretty common knowledge

Why? Don't you have a freezer?

raw pack does not materialize fat from thin air dude.....

When you hot pack the fat is rendered out before the chicken is placed into the jars.

When you cold pack the fat is not removed first.

How is this not obvious?

its chicken breast. Not enough fat to go rancid.

>back peddling

Any amount of fat can go rancid. Rancidity is the oxidization of fat. If you have fat present then you have rancidity. While chicken breast is fairly low in fat, there is still some present. And there is less present in hot-pack than in cold pack.

and there is fat present in all canned food. They even sell canned fucking butter. Go kill yourself

>and there is fat present in all canned food.

What does that have to do with the desire to minimize the amount of fat present?

>>They even sell canned fucking butter.
Yep. That was one of the first times that modified atmosphere packaging was used. The cans are purged with nitrogen so there is no oxygen present. That's a bit besides the point since it's impractical for home canning.

>>Go kill yourself
Someone's mad.

in proper canning there is no oxygen

i believe it's rancidity caused by hydrolysis

home canning =/= commercial canning

you do not want excessive amounts of fat in home canned food

exactly. Thats why i can chicken breast. And you think there is oxygen in a properly prepared home canner? Kek

>reading comprehension
no, that's why i said it will go rancid due to something that's not oxygen.
>kek

What else do you can OP?

Kek

What about your wife's son ?

beef stew. Chicken drumsticks. Beans.
Pork and black beans

this thread