Who are some people that Veeky Forums really enjoy but in actual fact are not credible and are most likely hacks?

Who are some people that Veeky Forums really enjoy but in actual fact are not credible and are most likely hacks?

>pic maybe related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kvDMlk3kSYg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sympathetic politicians, and of course sexually attractive ones

>>pic maybe related
Why? He looks like a straight out of the Lord of the Rings wizard of 200+ years.
Curious by the way, does this guy practice on himself? I know the Singularity guy takes thousands of vitamins, I'm assuming that his practice won't work since he takes a very reductionist approach. Bet he has expensive piss.

Wildberger
Watson (mostly /pol/ invaders)
Dyson (mostly /pol/ invaders)
basically any contrarian

>Singularity guy
I was going to use a pic of him but haven't seen any threads on here with his pic.

He doesn't look too healthy. His theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=kvDMlk3kSYg

Ray hasn't aged so well.

Is that him?

holy shit

Wildberger is a practicing Mathematician. He's a professor of mathematics. He's more credible than any of us.

Doesn't de-grey have a degree in Biology and nobody could prove him wrong in what he says to fight ageing?

Didn't he also waste his own millions to advance his research?

It's not him, you fucking shitheads. Learn to use google.

What a shitpost. Fuck you OP. He has a Biology PhD from the best university in literally in the entire world (Cambridge, the same uni I go too), literally no one has been able to conclusively refute him during all these years, and he has given millions of his own money to the research. There's literally no chance that he's a hack.

voting for trump I guess?

>>pic maybe related

It's not. There's no maybe, you little shitstain.

Really? Not everyone that uses this board is borderline retarded. I knew a guy (haven't talked to him in awhile) that used Veeky Forums and was going to MIT undergrad for math and CS and had already published like three journal articles by his junior year. I'm pretty sure he was smarter and more credible than Wildberger. Just because this is a Nigerian coin collecting message board filled with shit posters doesn't mean there isn't anyone intelligent here. In fact, I'd imagine (sadly) that Veeky Forums users are mildly more intelligent than the general population. Since probably thousands of people use this board on a regular basis, at least a few are bound to be highly intelligent and accomplished (or we're pretty much all young, on the way to being accomplished).

No he has a degree in CS. But he's self educated in biology and then got his Ph D in biology. That's why none of the other biologist like him.

>nobody could prove him wrong in what he says to fight ageing
True, still doesn't mean he's right. Still worth perusing his ideas though.

>Didn't he also waste his own millions to advance his research?
True.

>That's why none of the other biologist like him.
the other biologists don't like him because they are right to suspect that someone who self educates in bio coming from a CS background (some prominent popsci futurists have dabbled in CS) and making grandiose claims about immortality is in all likelihood a fraud or just delusional.

Doesn't mean they should reject him based on his education though. But on the merits of his claims.

>Doesn't mean they should reject him based on his education though. But on the merits of his claims.
True that.

agreed, I was only pointing out why people would be very suspicious of him and his claims, not that they should reject him outright.

Which is funny considering last month him and SENS made progress in testing proteins in their project and plans.