Tired of these mother fucking recipes calling for 2 cups of shredded cheese. How much is that? a pound? 500g?

Tired of these mother fucking recipes calling for 2 cups of shredded cheese. How much is that? a pound? 500g?

fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=27BigIWxMMw
youtube.com/watch?v=bUMiZKyM6AA
youtube.com/watch?v=d5vZ2E1vbZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=gHyXstpe_N8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

10 cups - 8 cups

half a pound

Sage

That's $7 in normal people terms.

Two cups is about 16 ounces which is around 450 grams. For a fluid at least.

>For a fluid at least.

Which is totally useless in this case, since loosely packed shredded cheese in no way matches the density of water.

Also, which fluid? 2 cups of mercury is a fuck of a lot heavier than 450 grams.

>2 cups of shredded cheese. How much is that?
what is google?

If you're cooking with mercury I'm surprised you've made it this long

>>If you're cooking with mercury I'm surprised you've made it this long

I'm a cyborg.

No, seriously, I just found it retarded that someone would claim that all fluids had the same density.

that is fluid oz, not applicable

I'm taking about water. The "fluid ounce" measurement is for water and very watery liquids. Just find a volumetric conversion between a cup and whatever measurement you wish to use.

1) Then why'd you say "fluid" if you meant "water".

2) Why do you think that applies to shredded cheese which has a bunch of air between the cheese pieces and therefore is nowhere close to the density of water?

I think it's an american thing. I got an Irish cookbook recently and everything is by weight, as it should be.

Though I'm not sure what "gas 4" is, converting from celsius is easier than the guesswork of chopped/shredded ingredients by volume.

>1 cup shredded cheese
>1 medium onion minced semi-finely
>2 medium-average-kinda largeish bell peppers chopped but not too small, not too big, just like do it enough

Will Americans ever work out that compactable substances have no business being measured by volume, you think?

Or will they take this stupidity as tradition?

>gas 4
could you provide an example? i'm not sure what you mean with that. just the setting on the gas stove?

Amerifag here, and while I completely agree the metric system is more accurate, it isn't that expensive to buy a cheap set of measuring cups and spoons to be able to adapt to the inferior measuring system of cups, tsp, quarts. I like metric better because I bake and cure meat where accuracy is critical, but a short stint on Veeky Forums should show you that there are plenty of amerifats that refuse to learn anything new and associate something as important as an accurate measuring system with "hurr durr it's against muh nationalism."

Almost all cooking related fluids are similar enough density to meet the approximation given. Milk, cream, water, broth, stock, oil...

Which is a pretty good reason to say "fluid" in this discussion

In England most of the gas ovens have a knob that's calibrated 1 through 10. It's called "gas mark".

A recipe will say "bake at gas mark 6 for 30 minutes", for example.

There is a conversion between "Gas mark" and F or C. Just think of it like yet another arbitrary temperature scale.

yeah, it was a joke because here in burgerland it's just fahrenheit temperatures. I'm sure it's just an oven setting in parts of europe.

No good recipes call for cups of shredded cheese.

OY ITS 6 GAS

>hasn't turned to Jack Posting yet

what's the hold up here?

you don't even have to go that far, you can just do it in your head.

1 tb = 15 mL
1 cup = approx. 250 ml
1 quart = approx 1 Litre
1 pound = 450 grams

And lets be honest here, unless you are baking (in which case you need to be weighing everything anyway), recipes rarely require precision. If you want to worry about something then worry about tasting the food and using your senses to adjust amounts of ingredients accordingly. It's silly to blindly follow exact recipes anyway since ingredients vary in terms of flavor, consistency, water content, etc.

but yeah, you're right, it's not hard at all to have measuring cups on hand. And for that matter, aren't most of them marked in both sets of units anyway? I know all my Amerifag measuring cups are marked in both Imperial and Metric units. My mom's old measuring cup she uses for baking came from Denmark in the 1960's. It has both types of units on it as well.

fugg, you got me

>not slowly building an immunity
Peasant

Because a cup holds a cup and I don't have to remember x autismliters.
What the hell is a liter anyway, how is it any less arbitrary than cups?

do all of your cups have the same volume? mine do not. cups are arbitrary, volumes like 100ml are not

>it's another "lol imma pretend cups aren't a volumetric measurement despite it being outlined already in the thread" meme post
fuck off

let me ask you again: are all the cups in your place the same size? do you think every cup i the world is the same size? are you even trying anymore?

US customary units. Learn em if you want to use half of the recipes online.

I'm too busy dreaming of the amazing smells that must eminate from Tammy's roastie slit.
I bet her juices taste like mayonnaise, sulphur, rotten fish and blue cheese.

>checking and keking

>are all the cups in your place the same size?

All my measuring cups are, yes. They measure exactly one imperial cup which is approximately equal to 237 mL.

Don't be a willful idiot and try to confuse the unit of measure with a coffee mug of arbitrary size.

Fuck that's hot.
If I was Jack I'd shove my tongue in her mouth

Because the measurement for a non-liquid item should be in grams, asshat. It's as simple as that. And yes, for accurracy, there are more levels with ml than oz for liquids although weight in grams will be more accurate than either.

Don't think for a minute that 'murrican companies aren't using weight in metric to produce your chicken tendies. The fact that your corporate overlords humor you by allowing you to keep your national honor with the imperial system does not diminish the error.

You know this is what Ja/ck/s dick looks like after power fucking tammy in her tight little puss puss

This is now a ja/ck/ thread

youtube.com/watch?v=27BigIWxMMw

>This is now a ja/ck/ thread

your wish is my command, master

>tammy"s tight little puss puss

Dude, her shit hasn't been tight since she was in middle school.

>Dude, her shit hasn't been tight since she was in middle school.

You'd be surprised, when you get that fat, the weight of all your fat presses inwards to make for a nice tight pussy; no matter how many Tyrones have powerfucked it ;)

youtube.com/watch?v=bUMiZKyM6AA

I woken up next to my share of landwhales back in my drunken youth days. It don't get that tight bro.

youtube.com/watch?v=d5vZ2E1vbZ8

>Jack complaining about raw food

youtube.com/watch?v=gHyXstpe_N8

10 minutes of lisping and bitching, good thing he has tammy to keep him on the straight path

Why does he post videos of him fucking up so much? Is he just secretly trolling? Is he playing a character? Is he that stupid that he thinks he's doing everything right? Does he just say "fuck it, it'll get views anyways" and post it?

That's bullshit, the one fat woman I did stuff with I ended up fisting with my whole fucking hand in there.

dumbasses out REEE

He's said that he caters to the "everyday people" who do not know anything about cooking so I guess he wants them to feel comfortable by showing that he can fuck up too I guess. It's fucking Jack after all.

But it's not a good reason to say "fluid" in this discussion, because we aren't talking about a fluid, we're taking about cheese.

you can melt cheese into a fluid

as you can do with steel