How do I go from knowing next to nothing about chemistry to becoming a chemistry genius without formal schooling?

How do I go from knowing next to nothing about chemistry to becoming a chemistry genius without formal schooling?

Other urls found in this thread:

Veeky
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cook meth.

Awful show

How do I do that?

it's a great time to be alive if you want to do some self learning.

Pick up an introductory text book off Amazon. Do some google searches of which ones are the best. Then buy the oldest edition used. It'll be cheap as hell and have the same exact material as the new ones. The basic chemistry you'll learn at the start hasn't changed in 100 years.

Then read the chapters and do the problems.

If there's something you don't understand, or if there's something you want to know more about, there are countless free videos available. Just do a google search.

Nothing can stop you if you're motivated. you don't even have to be that smart.

This. Kong academy. YouTube. Lots of big unis put lectures online.

If you live near a uni you can also audit the lectures to a course you are interested in without paying. You can be sneaky about it or talk to the prof, most don't care.

The truth is that chemical theory and practice are very different and if you want the practice you need to join a research lab or start as a tech.

the first step it to watch Breaking Bad

Brake Fluid, Pool Chlorine tablet, Red Phosphorous, Pseudoephedrine

study

Get cancer.

Worked for this guy

If you dont have the right tool box in your head for chem dont go into it. Otherwise as prosaic as it sounds, practice. Neuroplasticity is very real

>chemistry

Literally why would you do that to yourself

That hentaikey logo on the shirt

Only conclusion I can conjure up is that OP wants to be a pharmacist (why the fuck would anybody want to be one in the first place)

He was a chemistry genius before he got cancer you dingus.

khan academy. two thumbs up.

Pick up a textbook, do practice problems, consider online videos. Just get the basics down of the elements, stoichiometry, atomic trends, etc..

IB HL or AP textbook on chemistry (they are really good for an introduction) then study physical, organic and inorganic chemistry from Atkins' books and Clayden

It really is one of the hardest things to take information from and actually apply it, like the the others said practice, you can get glassware/ equipment pretty cheap but you might end up on a watch list. That and its one of those things people look at you funny for because "chemicals!". But you get a feel for basic things pretty quick

Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Chemistry_Textbook_Recommendations

I wasn't expecting that list to be good at all but it's actually accurate.

Chemestry is one of those things i do think justify formal education. Glassware is expensive and getting certain chemicals is very hard on your own, and some things could be quite dangerous if you dont have someone around who knows what they are doing.

Of course you can start learning on your own, but theory with out practice is not useful knowledge.