ITT post only the most patrician people to have ever walk this earth and their feats

ITT post only the most patrician people to have ever walk this earth and their feats

I start with Otto Carpeaux, he spoke portuguese, german, italian, english, spanish, latim, french, serbian, catalan, flamengo, ancient greek, galego and langue d'oc, also he wrote a enormous study on the ocidental literature that goes for 10 volumes, from greek to the post WWII and also wrote a book on the story of erudite music, it was a man that could tell Rubens and Van Dyck apart and read Homer and Virgil in the original

wow he gooood

im still gonna forget him tho

>implyng patricians would care about plebs remembering them or not

still no one talks about he, not even in brazil

maybe in your circle, there are even lectures and courses about his work, but I guess since being a patrician is just for a happy few its understandable

>tell Rubens and Van Dyck apart
This man is a demi-god.

>no russian
>study on occidental literature
p l e b

>makes a canon of the occidental literature
>can't read in french, spanish, german, italian, russian and portuguese

also read translated homer, virgil, dante and camões

Seconding that
Brazilianfag here and didnt know who he was, thanks user.

he can read Hegel

>has literally never read bloom

Unfortunately, now he was appropriated by the brazilian right because Olavo de Carvalho started to promote him.

>now he was appropriated by the brazilian right
This is a very inane way to dismiss his works
Only because a critic that you don't like loves him you won't read what, supposedly, is the best and most complete book about the occidental literature ever written?

who was talking about dismissing his works?

the nazis using Nietzsche and every other German great was very fucking unfortunate, too. but its not like saying that is, in any way, dismissing them.

no, I'm not saying I'm dismissing him, it is even good to give to this right wing people something decent to read, the problem is that people are starting to associate him with the right.

I see
The important thing to keep in mind is that his works don't fit in this right/left dichotomy, and anyone that doesn't read him because of such weak ideology is fated to be a pleb

Yes, traditionally that is what they did care about.

and the brazilian left is reading anything but old marxist theory or post-modern tumblr blogs/critical theory?
you seem worried about a non-issue, you should feel happy that people are talking about Carpeaux once again.
the essays by Montaigne, had their introduction made by Marilena Chaui, that absolutely doesn't make Montaigne a leftist. If the introduction was made by Olavo, it wouldn't make Montaigne a rightist.
i can only feel grateful that we got a translation of this awesome book.
Its as simple as that...

and who is saying the left is any better? I haven't even mentioned the left in my commentary. I'm just saying that appropriating a non-political write to a side of the ideological spectra to be unfortunate.
You seem to be oversensitive about the subject. I never said Carpeaux was made a rightist by Olavo, what I meant is that Olavo is endorsing to his followers that Carpeaux was a conservative theorist.
It is okay that the preface was written by Olavo, the publishers can invite anyone they like to write a foreword.

Politics, as it is currently expressed, is like poison, it contaminates everything it touches.

Remember it like this:

Auto Car Poo (An automobile makes car poo)

Lol Bloom is such a pleb.

What was that bullshit about him reading at 1000 pages an hour? At that speed he should have been able to pick up languages at a conversational language in a week or less.

spoke like a true pleb without any knowledge of the subject, congrats

don't bully the bloom

>portuguese, german, italian, english, spanish, latim, french, serbian, catalan, flamengo, ancient greek, galego and langue d'oc
Most of those languages are very, very similar, though

That only makes you even more of a pleb for not having learned them all already.

B T F O

Stop pretending Carpeaux is that well known, there are courses in Willem Flusser as well and he's even less known than Carpeaux, just to think of an immediate example.

The way you put it, makes it look like Marilena Chaui is a relevant thinker who's read by anyone of worth in the left, brazilian or otherwise.

The fact that academics like Michael Löwy or Viveiros de Castro seldom get mentioned by the right makes me think you're picking apart bad thinkers and writers just to have ANY kind of victory.

I don't see what point you are trying to make, Carpeaux isn't a super obscure person here in Brazil, he isn't a mega-star famous intelectual but who is here in Brazil? Very few.

And I think more people should know his work, whats the problem with that?
Can't you see how fucking retarded this argument right her eis?
>still no one talks about he, not even in brazil
and? this makes him less improtant? less erudite for some reason?

KEK!
I bet you are one of the guys that diminishs Olavo de Carvalho...
Btw, Olavo is the one that organized and made Carpeaux get his recognition after his death.
I mean, Carpeaux was widely admired by the literary circles of his time (Drummond was his friend and so on). But after Carpeaux's death he was slowly forgotten.

Gosh, I sure do wish I could speak "latim".

w2c slacks