Is studying too much actually bad for you, or is it just a meme?

Is studying too much actually bad for you, or is it just a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3772595/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24164734
linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0031938411003088?via=sd
livestrong.com/article/18046-signs-symptoms-malnutrition/
medicaldaily.com/food-insecurity-why-59-college-students-may-suffer-malnutrition-268109
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Only if you don't get enough exercise.

This. As long as your body produces enough BDNF via exercise, it will strengthen your neurons despite their strain from studying. But stress AKA cortisol is disintegrative to neurons and sleep deprivation is horrible for the brain

It's good heuristic advice to diversify your activities. If you really like studying and you want to learn a lot, then go for it. But you should not let other important parts of your life (health, relationships, career, etc.) go by the wayside. And for your sanity, it is probably a good idea to have a hobby or two that is relatively mindless.

What? Can you explain it for a dumbass like me?

Can loosing more energy and getting more tired actually help you save anything?... Please answer, I really want to understand is this really true or just a meme "exercise is good for you".

how can studying be bad for you? even if its the only thing you do

love is a better teacher than a sense of duty.
t. Einstein

BDNF (brain derived neurotropic factor) is a protein that is released by the brain when aeoribcally exercising. BDNF when sprinkled onto a petri dish of neurons causes the dendrites to extend and the neuron to grow. Meaning they can communicate faster and you can learn faster.
If you dont exercise it becomes incredibly difficult to learn.
Studying can be stressful thus releasing cortisol on your neurons which is like an acid. Making it more difficult to learn.

t. simpleton that has never heard of neuron strain from studying

also here
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3772595/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24164734
linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0031938411003088?via=sd

Because the brain isn't the only organ in the fucking body, and excess studying causes neural strain and decay. And when your body is malnourished(a symptom frequently seen in those who study in excess), the body eats away at adipose and other tissue in the brain

So it's not like it prevents from bad things happening to neurons anyway? It only makes studying easier?

mmm do you have any proof?

livestrong.com/article/18046-signs-symptoms-malnutrition/

No it does because aerobic exercise decreases cortisol production

it says malnutrition there not excess studying

How much exercise do you all think is enough to make a difference?

I have no car and probably walk several miles a day minimum, but also probably sit on my ass a massive portion of everyday... Curious about if I am getting the proper amount of activity to keep my brain active.

Someone just confirm that i will learn better after a couple jumping jacks

Brisk walk for 30minutes three times a week.
Malnutrition can be a product of excess studying, especially when you factor in stimulants medicaldaily.com/food-insecurity-why-59-college-students-may-suffer-malnutrition-268109

Fuck just take a brisk walk three times a week, and do some push ups before sleep.

Just be an actual autist like me, and remember word for word everything the teacher said in school and never have to study for anything ever and then graduate and be massively underimployed because you can't network or deal with people in general and be 36 years old and live alone in a 1-bedroom apartment with you cat with no prospects for advancement or a family or happiness in general.

But cat is all you need user, you must be happy.

You are still not providing good proof to your claims, so I will say you are bullshitting.

feel free. Enjoy that cortisol disintegrating your dendritic netting brainlet.

>still doesn't provide any sort of proof

to smart too study

Not him but I've been to the doctor for concentration troubles just recently and the doctor told me 30 min walks for most days of the week. I also remember reading a study that linked increased cognitive abilities after a 6 month period of 30 min walks as my doctor mentioned.

Should the 30 minute walks be in the morning or the afternoon or does it matter?

Stress is bad for you. If you feel like you want to kill yourself while studying it's probably a good idea to take a break.
Lack of sleep is extremely bad for you. Aim for at least 8 hours of it interrupted. More sleep is better so if you can take a small nap in the middle of the day do it, but don't go for meme uberman schedules.
Exercise helps managed stress and makes you happier which is obviously good.
Life in the end is about pleasures, so don't try learning some stupid shit if it's not gonna make you happy.

" Researchers at the University of Otago analyzed the self-reported activity levels of 52 young women (ages 18 to 30), the oxygen availability in participants’ brains and their performance on a series of reaction-time tasks on a computer. Theses reaction-time tasks were designed to test cognitive inhibitory control, which is the ability to exert self-control when faced with a changing environment. This is cognitive ability is crucial during daily activities like driving a car or when resisting cravings, says Machado.

“Brain cells depend very heavily on oxygen,” she says. Breathing air with a smaller concentration of oxygen, such as at high altitudes, is associated with worse cognitive performance, and the inverse is also true: Increased oxygen is associated with optimal brain functioning."

Can i forgo the exercise and just learn breath more efficiently?

If exercise is so vital, how come Stephen Hawking has a huge brainpower?

Us low IQ brainlets can't compare ourselves to gods like The Hawk.

The difference between you and hawking is greater than the difference between you and a monkey.

Not even that, bud. Design a bubble that only supplies you with only 100% grade A oxygen and filters out what you exhale through a tube in your mouth. Breathe through your nose and out your mouth, guaranteed results my friend.

Is 'burning out' a thing?

This is interesting. Bumping for more info.

must be a philosopher

>Can i forgo the exercise and just learn breath more efficiently?
Yeah, it's called exercising.

Lads, what if I don't do a lot of cardio, but I walk 2-3 miles per day and I powerlift 4x a week. Is that relevant for brain gains?

>implying Hawking is smart

LMAO! The only reason people humor Stephen is because he looks funny, sounds like a robot, and is permanently stuck in a wheelchair. Literally the perfect stereotypical "le ultra-intelligent science mastermind" man. If he were a normal person, nobody would pay attention to him.

Pic related
>huuurrrrrrrrr

What about anaerobic activities?

How do you afford the 1 bedroom apartment without a job?

This would acidify your blood and kill you. Do not do this.

Didn't he revolutionize our understanding of black holes n shit?

>implying black holes are real

too much of anything is bad for you

Aerobic seems to better in producing BDNF but anaerobic produces BDNF too.I'll frequently do 40 push ups prior to studying/ researching and it seems to help

NOT GONNA MAKE IT

good or bad... for what purpose?

Brain gains. I wan't to accrue enough knowledge to become a billionaire.

Work on your interpersonal skills. Successful people mostly just scam their way to the top.

How do you know this for a fact? Are you successful?

Scamming others is easy if you don't feel guilt.