How do you sleep at night knowing how awful the meat industry is?

How do you sleep at night knowing how awful the meat industry is?

Because I don't care about non-sentient animals that are bred for slaughter

Same reason I sleep at night knowing about cancer, malnutrition, drug addiction problems, deforestation, pollution, wars, ethnic cleansing, nuclear proliferation, and organized religion.

I realize that the world has problems but it's always been that way and it's not my personal fault.

As for the meat industry, simple: I don't buy factor-farmed meat. I buy from small, local, family farms and I hunt. I keep my own rabbits and chickens.

This. Plus I get tired at night.

Strangely enough, knowing that it's fully out of my control and I literally can't do anything at all ever about it really puts my mind at ease.

With a full belly of meat ofc

I sleep pretty well, thanks for asking

Don't forget chapped lips, and dandruff.

We have bigger problems to worry about.

>2020-3
>being this edgy

>muh edgy meme

>Because I don't care about non-sentient animals that are bred for slaughter

Does it bother you that the resulting product (i.e. the meat) tastes worse and has a worse texture than non-factory-farmed meat?

I'm just curious if you care about quality of the product totally independent of the animal rights issues.

since when is apathey edgy?

C'mon user, it's the current year!

With one eye open, OP
with one eye open.

it's a matter of quality vs price. sure the good stuff is nice but, if that was all that was available then most of use would rarely be able to eat meat, beef and pork would be considered luxury items

It don't care about the severity of the texture and taste difference when the non-factory-farmed meat is beyond my budget. It has greatly diminishing returns for me.

What you need to know is that if we got rid of lower quality products people who don't want the high quality versions of said product won't buy the product at all.

brandy

>when the non-factory-farmed meat is beyond my budget

But that's not actually true.

I buy a whole free-range heritage breed pig every few months. Per lb it costs less than the shitty pork at the supermarket. (though there is the work of breaking it down)

There's also hunting and fishing that can provide you with meat very cheap.

>if we got rid of lower quality products people who don't want the high quality versions of said product won't buy the product at all.
There are plenty of people out there who would rater do without than buy low quality products. I avoid cheap meat and dairy for the most part, because I'd rather eat the good stuff once in a while than eat the shitty stuff every day.

most folk who are too poor for good meat can't afford to buy a whole animial even if it does come out cheaper per pound. also a lot of people don't have deep freezes to store an assload of meat

>I buy a whole free-range heritage breed pig every few months. Per lb it costs less than the shitty pork at the supermarket. (though there is the work of breaking it down)
Exactly. I don't have the time or interest in breaking down and working on a whole damn pig. That is a great cost in time and effort to me that would greatly exceed the benefits over buying a precut portion of meat.
>There's also hunting and fishing that can provide you with meat very cheap.
Hunting and fishing have a very extensive time cost (and licensing fees and storage space). If you are doing it for all of your food and not just as a hobby, it's going to take up much of your day. People have jobs to work and that's how we come to the grocery markets we have today.

And there are clearly plenty of people who would not rather do without than buy low quality products. There is a market for low quality products and that's why they are produced.

The last time I hunted a cow I got in huge trouble for it. Pigs are easier because you can run carrying them.

YOU SON OF A BITCH, PAY FOR MY PIG!

no because it's a food source i use to sustain what life i have left

>There is a market for low quality products and that's why they are produced.
Agreed. I would argue the low end stuff is the largest share of the market. You have to go really far out of your way to avoid this stuff. The baseline has become so low that poor quality meat and dairy is what most people consider "normal". When I decided not to bother with it on a regular basis I pretty much had to change the way I shopped and ate. But it proved not to be a big deal. I don't pine for crappy food, and when I want something good I get it, because not buying crap leaves money in the budget for good stuff every now and then.

The fuck, what kind of miniature pigs are you stealing nigga

Precisely. Most people don't cook well enough or don't care enough to make the quality difference necessary. Just the fact that people buy meat to cook instead of buying TV dinners should be recognized as a good thing.

But take away that cheap meat because it's "low quality" and you would see John Doe buy more frozen pizzas for sure. It may look tragic to cooking enthusiasts like us but it's just the way of the average person.

I'm a big guy

Full of delicious meat usually.

Agreed, but this is because the "average person" has absolutely shit taste. Those of us who like to eat well have to steer clear of most of what's targeted to the average person, because it's awful. Because the average person pays closer attention to prices than what they're actually eating. A trip to any chain restaurant or supermarket pretty much proves this.

For sow

I sleep like shit but I don't think it has anything to do with cows

I sleep damn fine with a belly full of steak and taters

Like shit but it's because of alcohol and depression instead of dead cows. Dead cows are delicious.

My self hate gets in the way, can't really think about something else

I sleep like a baby. I had a steak Saturday and I will have another one before the end of January.

I don't eat red meat more than once every two weeks.

>I don't eat red meat more than once every two weeks.
That's how I do it, too. Have something amazingly delicious once in a while instead of mindlessly eating crappy stuff every day.

I eat red meat almost every day. Waiting for something you want is retard.

What I want is really high quality beef. I can't afford to eat that every day, so I eat it when I can.

I'll take quality over volume any day.

By buying local. I know the farmer who owns the farm shop, and his daughter, who is usually the one who puts a bolt in their brains. They had a good life being fed grass and kept warm in the winter before being being put down quickly and calmly.

If you want to blame someone for animal cruelty, blame the Jewish and Muslim barbaric, outdated religious crap.

This x 100. I don't want supermarket tier meat for the same reason I don't eat at McDonald's - I don't want to eat stuff that doesn't taste good. I'd rather eat a plate of beans and rice than tasteless chicken or what passes for a steak in most places. Doing that leaves me enough money for a nice dry aged rib eye every now and then.

Cows are sentient you retard

Wegmans sells four packs of NY strip steaks for about 30 dollars. I will buy that and freeze them so I can have one every two weeks. They're pretty damn good too.

Northeast bro, wegmans is the motherfucking shit

Because the animals consent.

t. someone who has never seen a pig in his entire life

He could just lift.

A lot.

I just go to sleep.
/thread

Because I want to eat meat and not have to hunt. It's the same reason why I'm fine with the dog breeding and farming industries. Even if it produces genetic freak shows that wouldn't survive a year in the true wilderness I want it but I don't want to make or get it myself. So I willfully turn a blind eye to any "cruelty" that happens in the process as long as I can get it easily.

Makes me comfy knowing all the assblasted vegans out there

I sleep well

By knowing that the only meaning life has is what we give it, and that one day we will all die. And that the sun will one day burn out and all shall be dark.

Hopefully after that the cooling matter will organize itself back into a singularity via gravity then we can start the whole thing over again. But this time it might be different, maybe "cows" farm "humans" for their meat this time?

Perhaps he started with piglets and gradually, by increasing his lifts and his food intake, he became strong enough for the big ones

It's easy.

I remember how assblasted you filthy vegans are and then I sleep peacefully.

I haven't been sleeping very well recently, but it has nothing to do with the meat industry.

Also, views are tasty.

I'm here to shitpost not have an existential crisis you fuckface

That's exactly how I did it. I never hunted a bigger one than I could eat before it spoiled since obviously I'm too poor for refrigeration. I thought about hunting salt and pepper but I just couldn't sleep at night thinking about how awful the salt industry is.

man i hate eating beef and pork
fuck chickens and fish man but i had a pet pig and a pet cow, and i loved them

cant go behind their backs like that man

So you are fine being responsible for essentially enslaving an entire species, just so that you can enjoy the taste of dead animal flesh?

How does the suffering of a million cows equate to the slight pleasure you get from the taste of steak?

Really made me think

>By knowing that the only meaning life has is what we give it, and that one day we will all die.

So you think its fair to create widespread animal suffering because you don't give their life value? Surely you would want your own life to have more pleasure than pain - why is this different for an animal?

Inb4 they aren't self-aware/intelligent - neither are babies but we still give them plenty of rights

Cows aren't fucking sentient, prove it you faggot

I don't care how some dumb cows get treated. If I wanted to spend effort on worrying about shit I'd worry about how people are treated first.

Why is it so hard for people to accept that animals have to go through some sort of discomfort and ultimately die if we want to eat meat? Might makes right and we're on top of the food chain.

>might makes right
No, right makes right. This is civilization.

>right makes right
Nice admission of circular logic, couldn't have been plainer.

The thing that blows my mind the most is that veganism just sums up liberalism.

Let's treat this other species completely equal to ours even though they have done nowhere near enough to deserve it and deprive ourselves of a luxury!

Let's gives these refugees everything we have even though they have done nothing to deserve it and destroy our own culture!

bravo

>if we want to eat meat
But we don't need meat to survive - we can get our protein from plant-based sources.

So why create unnecessary suffering?

Kill yourself

WANT, not NEED

>neither are babies but we still give them plenty of rights

Aside, from the fact that they are of the same species as us and it's entirely natural for one to want the best for their own offspring as a biological imperative they also have the capacity to become something that is self-aware and intelligent.

If you would rather go down the mentally retarded route then you should be aware medical science and ethics has long since been for termination during pregnancy where possible (if it is detected early enough) and that human vegetables can have their life support pulled.

There is nothing strange about the fact humans prioritise and place higher importance and compassion (usually) on our own than other species.

>he thinks there's some sort of objective morality
>he doesn't know that morality is result of the policies of the ruling elite
t. an unabashed authoritarian statist

>if we want to eat meat

There's your answer

Veganism is about not mindlessly slaughtering animals to fill your fat mouth

>deserve it

What you have done to not deserve me pounding your face in? I'll wait

>of a luxury

I would like the luxury of eating your pineal gland to give me massive strength!

>durrrr refugees

Vegan and anti-refugee/anti-globalist, suck on that fatty

And a nice emotional outburst on being proven wrong, just to show everyone you're a piece if shit too.

>So you think its fair to create widespread animal suffering because you don't give their life value

>
>
>
>

When did I say that?

Nah man, meat animals should have "one bad day". and everyone who eats meat should hunt and butcher an animal at least once, it will change you and you will appreciate what it means to be human all the more.

Yeah the way some animals are treated is fucky, I agree. But the way other humans treat each other is like 1000x more fucky.

I'm just saying a take solace in the fact that, we actually control so little of our existence, and what we perceive as important is but a drop in the bucket.

What a load of pretentious bullshit

You can just admit you're a moron with no actual reasoning behind your actions and you will accomplish far more in your goal than that typified diarrhea

Why you so mad bruh bruh?

>non-sentient animals
You can be apathetic and not a retard you know.

Because I just had to read the equivalent of my watery shits after eating at my college's cafeteria

O-ok

How do you sleep at night knowing that because you're the %1 of the world, billions of people live in nightmare conditions?
I sleep very bad. But a fucking mooing mound of lard or a fat flightless bird so stupid it won't trust the hand that feeds it are not among my foremost worries, hippie subhuman.

I agree its not my finest post, stream of thought ftl.

Cows are cool. I worked on a ranch for a little while, and when we used to sit down for lunch, they would move in. When you look at them, they freeze in place, but go back to eating, they move closer. They'd even try to hide behind scrawny trees, which is dumb bc it's a giant fucking cow, but still. They're cool. I still eat them though.

Because I worked around cows and they are some of the stupidest animals I've ever come into contact with.
I thoroughly enjoy sitting down to a good steak, because fuck cows.

You're stupid

I'll eat you

Go ahead and try it, I'll quarter you, smoke you, and make you into a brisket just like the other stupid cattle.

Eat moar chikin

chickens don't have emotions you degenerate jew

Vegans taste like shit though

Damn, can't even make you into dog food.

On another note what the hell are you doing on a cooking board on a Polynesian Carpentry Board? Don't you just graze or something?

Yes

Whatever they are doing they are doing it wrong.
Mean production has been reduced to a tasteless diluted protein ration.

Haven't bought mean in a long time.
If I make any I get it from friends/relatives coming from small farmers and it tastes much fuller.

Perfectly fine with it.

There's nothing I personally can do. Whether I purchase meat products or not, stores are still going to continue ordering and stocking their shelves with pork, beef, chicken, etc, and if I don't buy them someone else will. So why worry myself to death over something like this?

Look, we are omnivores and have the chance to sustantiate ourselves with all the nutrients we need (don't forget amino-acids) and we should be grateful for it by accepting the supplied goods. I'm not saying that you are ungrateful because you are vegan or vegetarian (your life, your choice), but why reject all these products when we can simply eat whatever you want AND get properly nourished? There's no point in
Do you go around your life suffering because other persons die? I doubt it.
If I had a pet cow, I'd feel terrible for it when it dies just as someone can get upset when a relative dies. Nonetheless, I won't when other unknown cow dies.
Such person (and most of us) won't feel THAT bad when it sees in the news that an unknown person has died.

>There's no point in getting sad about all the death and suffering in the world.*

We can't eat whatever we like, we actually depend on a balance. With adults it's not as extreme as with young children, but veganism has caused infants to be permanently damaged or even die (and the vegan parents convicted) many times all over the world, and I imagine the same will happen to 80-90 year olds once really old vegans exist.

I sleep soundly. Steak is good!

APATHY IS DEATH

You do can eat whatever you like as long as you accept the consequences. Rising a child and giving it poor nourishment, however, is ridiculous.
Plus, you're causing damage to a third party, you are no longer caring about yourself, but rathee forcing YOUR eating habits down to someone else's throat (figuratively and literally).