What's up with the 2010s that makes then such a cultural low point in modern history?

What's up with the 2010s that makes then such a cultural low point in modern history?

I don't think there's ever been a decade more devoid of significant art than this one.

I guess a big part is played by the rise of the internet. What other factors do you think contribute to it?

le wrong generation xd

Memes, for one

You merely believe this. You can't expect to see any art if you write it all of as shit.

I'd argue that this has been said by every generation in every decade for a long time.

dae death grips

frogposter

Yes this is true. People forget all the talented hacks and shit forced upon civilasation in the past decades. Just like right now. In about 10 years we've all forgotten the stupid shit we have to go through daily and only remember the good parts of music, literature and film. Don't forget that great novels we now consider classics were not even popular at the time they came out. We will probably find out that a great novel has been written this year without any of ua knowing it.

western civilization is dead, go read chinese authors

But it is a fact that now compared to every other generation in history we are a society more enticed and focused on technology and technological advances.

When people think of "brains" now, they think of silicon valley, not ye olde writing club in england where you can go hang out with tolkein and cs lewis on the weekends.

Technology is the medium everyone is into, who has times for books, who has time to learn latin, greek, to study philosophy etc.

>What's up with the 2010s that makes then such a cultural low point in modern history?
Don't be retarded, the 2010's have already surpassed the absolute shit that was the 80s 90s and 2000s.

>but muh childhood nostalgia

Oftentimes it's only in retrospect people realize how great a piece of literature or art truly was, and how well it truly captured the era. People have been shitting on the current age and younger generation since Socrates.

Self reclusion of intelligentsia, internet culture emerging as an universal weltanschauung/passive pop culture with sarcastic posturing as the default mindset, traditional media freaking and tryna adapt themselves to the Internet audiences in order to keep their income.

>What's up with the 2010s that makes then such a cultural low point in modern history?
The popularisation of pictures of crudely drawn frogs and the degenerate culture that surrounds them.

Memes are worse than anime

Holy fuck go back to plebbit, fagtron

SJWs

That is all.

I've spread seen Anomalisa user

The fact that most of the great authors of the 20th century are dead combined with the recent upswing in vapid identity politics being the standard by which everything is judged. There will be an inevitable reversal at some point.

turning points are like that when lived through

Just wait till the dataism completely overcome pomo and puts things into perspective

bro I went to a gallery to watch a bitch knit a sweater from a ball of yarn that was shoved up her pussy.

Any 2010's books that Veeky Forums may consider to be future classics before others have discovered them?
or are we all too stuck from IJ backwards

>YA genre in which teenage girl/boy turns out to be special/important and is loved by everyone is triumphant in the sense that it is the last profitable and therefore publishable genre
>short stories are taken over entirely by pseudo-ideological groups who claim moral superiority but really just want to get success for their clique

This results in nobody reading anything other than the aforementioned YA, which has the intellectual heft of bad free erotic fiction. Since the public isn't reading fiction, they don't have the attention span to read nonfiction. As a result, they can't learn anything except through direct experience or from pop entertainment.

bro I should have went a few days later, she had her period. fucking savage bro. pussy knit sweaters with period blood on em.

my diary will save this decade

Wrong, but it's what /pol/ would have you believe.
Any recommendations?

Hyperreality and narcissism. Culture arises from a conscience of the collective. It's not incompatible with individuality, it's incompatible with egotism.

What's up with the 1970s that makes then such a cultural low point in modern history?

I don't think there's ever been a decade more devoid of significant art than this one.

I guess a big part is played by the rise of television. What other factors do you think contribute to it?

>fact
you've gone ahead and compared the 10's to every decade ever have you? Or perhaps, to back up your technology obsession claim, you studied extensively the era of fashionable science in England and America for example and the industrial revolution perhaps?
I would not want to conjecture upon what influences were upon you when you contrived this bullshit but I can safely say you haven't thought this through

I don't think the identity politics you mention is ubiquitous as one might initially believe after a quick scroll through tumblr or twitter. That is if I have inferred correctly your reference to identity politics as the Don't Do What Donny Don't Does world of conservative liberalism and it's 58 genders and 1 one race. I think that most people can't be bothered with all that and that those that are vocal are just that, very vocal.

I see what you're saying there but what's up with the 1510s that makes then such a cultural low point in history?

I guess a big part is played by the rise of the protestant reformation. What other factors do you think contribute to it?

The 70s at least had J R, GR, Hawkes, Elkin, Gass and some other notable people/things.

Spot on.

Oh yeah because modern Chinese sure is the pinnacle of civilization that's for sure

What up with ten thousand BC make culture low point?

Me no think ever been more devoid cave art and song than now.

Me guess big part played by rise of growing food from ground. What other factors tribe think it be?

>le there is nothing wrong with our generation and anybody who suspects there might be must be unconsciously closed-minded about it xd

A new "dark age" will be upon us within the century, tbqh.

Just because you're not old enough to remember anything before the 2010s, it doesn't mean that applies to everyone.

Prithee speak on that which doth make the 1600s so loathsome?

Ne'er hath their been such a drought of pious works.

Surely the theatre shall fry for this sin. Band of brothers, what say ye?

thank you

What's up with the Late Triassic that makes then such a low point in prehistory?

I don't think there's ever been an epoch more devoid of significant evolution than this one.

I guess a big part is played by the rise of early dinosaurs. What other factors do you think contribute to it?

When people thinke of ye knowledge now, they thinke of books and writing, which by mine owne declaration I do aſſert that this leaveth no time for rote memoriſation and oral tradition like in ye olden days.

בְּרֵאשִׁית, בָּרָא אֱלֹהִים, אֵת הַשָּׁמַיִם, וְאֵת הָאָרֶץ.

ב וְהָאָרֶץ, הָיְתָה תֹהוּ וָבֹהוּ, וְחֹשֶׁךְ, עַל-פְּנֵי תְהוֹם; וְרוּחַ אֱלֹהִים, מְרַחֶפֶת עַל-פְּנֵי הַמָּיִם.

ג וַיֹּאמֶר אֱלֹהִים, יְהִי אוֹר; וַיְהִי-אוֹר.!!!!

ומאז , לא חלה כל התקדמות שהיא.

▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■???

what is kinetic typography

>I don't think there's ever been a decade more devoid of significant art than this one.

What was so great in the 2000s? Iron Man?