Gonna make some pulled pork later this week, probably going to eat burgers mostly

Gonna make some pulled pork later this week, probably going to eat burgers mostly
Anyway, what kind of sauce should I make for it? Was thinking of vinegar based but I'm down for any ideas. And I guess on that note, ideas what to add to the burgers, usually I just have coleslaw, pork and the sauce. Or pulled pork ideas in general.
Usually I have made tomato based sauces but I'm kinda bored with the usual sauce I make.

Wish I could smoke the butt

1/8 teaspoon of parsley flakes
1/8 teaspoon of celery salt
1/4 teaspoon of garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon of onion salt
1/4 teaspoon of dry mustard
1 teaspoon of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon of flavored liquid natural Hickory Smoke
1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
6 1/2 teaspoons of tomatoes paste
1/2 tablespoon of apples cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon of sauce "Kitchen Bouquet"
1/4 teaspoon of honey
1 c. tablespoon of molasse

this will literally make you cut a hole in your pants due to ejaculation

>1/2 teaspoon of flavored liquid natural Hickory Smoke
For some reason I haven't been able to score any liquid smoke, the stores around here suck.

Depending on what I'm going to use the pulled pork for/what I'm putting with it, I either go vinegar based or for the classic sweet molasses-y sauce but made fairly hot to cut through that sweetness.

On a side note, pulled pork with a vinegary barbecue sauce made with home-made barleywine malt vinegar is pretty legit.

>I either go vinegar based or for the classic sweet molasses-y sauce but made fairly hot to cut through that sweetness.
Yeah that was my plan as well, I like to make my bbq sauces hot. What's your go-to recipe for the vinegar based?

I saw some at save mart and I wasn't even trying

how many pounds of meat does this season? 3?

Bump

guacamole

not him but why not a chimichurri sauce?
I kind of make it without any kind of measuring whatsoever (since is traditional here in Argentina) but basically you need:
2/3 oil (olive is nice but any will do)
1/3 vinegar (apple or wine)
three cloves of garlic
a lot of chopped parsley, rosemary and thyme (fresh if possible, specially the parsley)
powdered chilli (also, eyeballing, I'd say half of the amount of the chopped herbs)
salt, pepper to taste

chop the herbs and the garlic, add the spices, all the liquid and beat it vigorously until it mixes
let it rest a couple of hours and you're done

Sounds bretty good, though something with that much fat is probably not the best for pulled pork since it's really fatty on it's own

slow cooker low with can of root beer 6 hrs.
drain shred and mix with fav bbq sauce.

>root beer

Dropped you literal manchild.

>any oil
>powdered chili
>rosemary
WTF that is not chimichurri. It is essentially a S. American, spaniard origin item, so it's spanish extra virgin olive oil, sherry or red wine vinegar. Chimichurri is any combination of 2 or 3 herbs but always parsley and maybe cilantro and/or oregano too. When your herbs are minced, they get glugs of oil just until covered, and only enough vinegar to keep it for days without spoilage, like 4:1 ratio, and a little less if you're intending to use it right away. The chilies can be fresh red chilies minced, or red chili flakes if fresh not available.
It should be shallots and garlic both.

I pretty much like chimichurri on skirt steak and argentine sausage. Miami argentines might add a little lime in addition to the vinegar especially if intending to use to marinade. Chimichurri rojo could have more chilies, pinch of cumin and a bay leaf and is awesome on chicken.

OP, for pork though, think chopped garlic, splash of olive oil and sour orange juice (or lime and orange juices), all together for a marinade cuban "mojo" style, a pinch of cumin and lots of fresh oregano and you're done. Look up Cuban lechon asado. If you can't smoke a pork shoulder, then it should be done lechon style. Serve the pork in toasted rolls/french bread if cuban bread isn't found. Serve with lime wedges and some of the marinated onions from the pot. Great side is moros, plantains, etc.

as I said, this is the recipe I grew up with and there are a couple of things that I may have forgotten, you made some valid points with the chillies, though, I did a mistranslation but the chilli must be in flakes or minced fress peppers, not the dust kind
I don't do shallots with the garlic, but it's an option I guess
totally forgot about oregano though, good call

Looking at recipes online I'm going to go with what's called 'North Carolina style' sauce to use as the basic idea of what I'm going to try.

Mustard-based barbeque is the only real choice for pulled pork.

Have to try that next time
Well I'm making like 2kgs of the stuff so I might do that with the vinegar based as well

This thread needs some DIVERSITY

equal opportunity affirmative action

>premade sauces
naw man I'm not about that

Try without sauce. A lot of the time I roast whole garlic cloves/infuse some oil and s+p to taste. Delicious

Chipotles en adobo

Just flush your meat down the toilet and cut out the whole tedious bit in the middle where you destroy it.

Get your old black ass out my thread Stubb

These folks hankerin' for a REAL sauce the likes of which only ol' Rufus can provide

where was pulled pork pulled from?