Thoughts on electric kettles? Or should I just stick to traditional ones?

Thoughts on electric kettles? Or should I just stick to traditional ones?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/spWJbVGCW2E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

uuh they work? Why do we have to make a big deal out of everything? I use one everyday. It boils water and that's all I need it to do.

don't get ones with a guage on the side, they ALWAYS break
they're more efficient if you happen to have a electric stove

Guess I should have said how easy are they to maintain, do they last, etc.

On how well they last, it's a bit of a crapshoot. I've had cheap ones that lasted for years and years and some that have started turning themselves off randomly after a few months. I usually just use the cheap ones and use them pretty heavily.

As far as maintenance goes you can just boil it with some citric acid and discard the water a couple of times when it starts to get scale.

I had that exact kettle and loved it. Only lasted 1 1/2 years though. Too cheap to replace. Now just heat up water in a pyrex cup in the microwave

Put water in, boil, enjoy. I suppose if you have water with high mineral content you'll have to deal with limescale, otherwise they are what they are.

It's true
Americans really do heat water in the microwave

Yes, apparently I should make a youtube video so the rest of the world can learn about this complex technique.

I actually did that once

Whats wrong with that?

youtu.be/spWJbVGCW2E

O B S E S S E D
B
S
E
S
S
E
D

My electric kettle has some fucking white shit in the bottom and flakes and pieces, it's annoying, at least it doesn't have a strong taste

see

A microwaves job is to literally heat water molecules.

Make sure you jiggle the wave plate first so it turns correctly.

We've had a few ones. Plasticy ones are obviously shit. Bad ones also tend to heat water very slow. Like they'd take 10-15 minutes heating water of ample amount. They lasted not less than a year. We bought a new one recently. It's an Asahi with clear glass body except for top, handle and base. Very minimalistic and works very fast! I was opposed to using electric kettles at first because what is the point of letting go of money if you can just heat water in a stove? But it's pretty convenient as long as you get ones that heats water FAST.

Metal kettles are better than glass cause they don't break

cared enough to post a (You)

They are reliable and fast, even cheap ones. 30-60 sec to boil one liter of water.
But don't buy anything expensive or electronic such as op pic. A component will break at some point.
My grandmother has one extremely old, with a twisted electrical cord. At least 25 years old. Mine is 5 years old and will last another 20 simply because nothing can break. They actually had to invent bs like op pic in order to make the consumer buy new ones.