I recently found out that a colleague of mine makes about 10% more from the same job that I have (front-end developer)

I recently found out that a colleague of mine makes about 10% more from the same job that I have (front-end developer).

We're on the same skill level and work the same hours in the same company, however, after I said it's okay and that I don't care about money that much and don't care about wage disparities either people around me went apeshit and started laughing and calling me names.

I genuinely don't give a fuck about income after the basic necessities are covered and think all the autistic overreaction to money is stupid. Am I wrong here or is it the normies and their love of money who are wrong ?_?

Attached: question bear.png (457x458, 121K)

You are wrong and most importantly you are laying a foundation on which they understand that you don't care being taken advantage of. You should be weary of what you are doing there user....

Don't care about money? Money equals life, even if you don't care about that, it could save someone else. It has great uses, you just cant utilize its potential and hence think it is useless, that just shows lack of imagination or passions.

Throwing it away and not taking care of it is like throwing away food, disgusting and wasteful.

Sorry if I sound harsh, and hope you have a good day, even if you are a furry fag. Peace, and all that.

Attached: 1516253660324.jpg (960x720, 125K)

Most people don't really care about money as long as they can live comfortably. Your colleagues are probably making fun of you because in a merit-based job like programming money = self-worth when that's really not the case.

A lot of people enjoy living simply. You do you.

fucking tripfag KYS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I don't really feel like I'm being taken advantage of, I'm doing work that I enjoy and getting paid enough to cover my living and some more. It's comfortable living.

Who cares what some other dude might be making? Also I don't really feel I'd need any more money anymore, I have everything I want.

Attached: bear.jpg (519x526, 42K)

That is a poor line of reasoning. Money is very important. If you ever try to get a raise and your boss says you shouldn't be so focused on money then make plans to quit.

If money wasn't important they would give it to you. It is and they are trying to take advantage of you while saving every penny they can.

shitty post. OP could just go to his manager and ask for a raise and if denied, demand justification. It literally takes 15 minutes and you get free money for life because the tech world is full of soyboys who won’t say no if confronted. Even if you don’t care about money, you’re throwing it away

Let's say I use 1000€ / month for a comfortable living that I like, they pay me 3000€ / month.

That's 1500€ extra / month I have no use of (I usually just put it in stocks or cryptos or buy drinks to my friends with it etc.).

Why on earth would I demand 300€ more if I have no use for extra 1500€ either. I'm living well within my means as it is.

Attached: 1517867637179.jpg (513x523, 52K)

Dev manager here, i make sure to pay my better devs a little more, the ones i don't care if they quit get a little less.

2 people are rarely identical

OP wasn't a strong negotiator before to get parity with his colleague and now you want him to go demanding more out of nowhere? Great idea.

I do think OP should negotiate more strongly at the next opportunity like a promotion or a raise. We want to treat the problem (OP just taking what's handed to him) not the symptom (OP makes a little less than his colleague) of the problem.

Actually it's 2000€ / month extra that's basically useless, not 1500€.

I wish I could voluntarily pay more taxes or something, there are people who could need it more than I do.

Because now you have it to do with what you want. You might need it in the future. Put it in a rainy day fund or whatever. You save it. You are only asking for fair compensation.

go ask for a %15 pay raise user, You sound like a good person and deserve it.

You can actually voluntarily pay more taxes. You can increase your withholding on your paychecks and at the end of the year there's a line on most tax return forms to acually give more money to the government. Nuts. I know.

a literal wage-cuck furry
Veeky Forums just hit new low

>frond end developer
kek

From us two I think I'm the (slightly) better one. The 10% gap isn't because of skill or hours, I'd probably get the 10% raise if I just asked for it.

I don't feel like I need anymore income and wouldn't ask for it either. Am I really the only one who thinks like this?

Attached: 1521461311019.jpg (564x846, 82K)

Bonus points if you take the money and throw it into chainlink and retire in 5 years.

OK this is a terrible larp, sage.

>From us two I think I'm the (slightly) better one.
You're pathetic. Stop seeking validation for your numale behavior.

Look at it this way OP, if you ask for more wage you can then use that money and spend it on charities and foundations that you feel do the most good.

I have a massive rainy day fund already. This 2000€ savings/investments per month has been going on for years now. I don't really need a larger rainy day fund.

I once tried paying more taxes than required and the government just sent it back. ._.

Attached: blue bear.png (519x526, 236K)

I've been thinking about this a lot. The problem is that I'd have to demand more money which would seem really greedy and selfish just so I could privately donate it to some charities. Also it increases the financial strain on the company and I really like my workplace.

Like I said before, OP. You do you. If you're happy then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

I lost love the naivety of these threads

Thanks for the encouragement.

Attached: f0df9112e652e28060e2e6cde2c2a361.png (735x870, 214K)

Stay poor codemonkey

You feel like? Sounds like FEMALE reasoning. You are taken advantage of, fact. Faggot.

OP do you do frontend work on the side? I need a webdev for an ETH contract I'm building.

that bear is so cute HNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

wow op. you sound like a really cool guy, i hope to one day be in your position.
im trying to learn how to program and have not had a job in months. hurt my back in a warehouse doing hard labor.

stuck in a financial rut any bit helps.

eth address
0xA40c74454e4F0590B746a8135C5Ce7e04dE328C8

At this point just make a damn blog my dude, you keep using the same OP image.
Dom't you have any friends you can blogpost to over Discord or somethin?

Yes.

As long as it's ethical and beneficial to society.

Attached: 1516673521864.jpg (800x800, 170K)

Post your info and I'll contact you with the deets.

>says he doesn't care
>posts on Veeky Forums

op you havent sent me any eth,why not

Got it, you can delete it.

>suomi24.fi
Of course...

If I had way to confirm you were legit I'd send you some.

Attached: 1521220671064.jpg (853x1280, 93K)

>@suomi24.fi

the swamp goblins strike again

im on my last neet bucks.

250 is jsut enough to cover rent here in cali

its barely enough to have me off the streets,

next month i might be on the streets.

hopefully my story makes others here realize they dont have it too bad,

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 11.29.05 AM.png (963x546, 94K)

This fag made the same thread yesterday basically. OP just go find a man to manage your finances and boypussy already ya fucking homo.

Do what you want OP, but if you want the raise, just ask. Make sure to have another opportunity around the corner if your boss fires you.

He's made a thread daily every time he comes home from work.
I just wonder why he doesn't just blogpost to his online friends instead of making an "anonymous" daily thread.

Attached: ff640d8fbb16bdeb23d931d38a6be3e1371c33e125d571483fcc72f469a4431a.jpg (1200x900, 161K)