ITT: Terrible books you've had to read

ITT: Terrible books you've had to read

Who the fuck are those two fags in the canoe?
Huckleberry Finn isn't shit either.

>Huckleberry Finn isn't shit either.
if you like seeing the word 'nigger' in print, (and let's face it, who doesn't?) it's an all time classic

Jane Eyre

yeah idk I just got the picture off of Google. Didn't notice that. Book is shit though. Twain rips off Cervantes to a point to where the book is absolutely trash. The only interesting aspect is the deep knowledge twain has of the Mississippi River.

ITT: Plebs flaunt their plebness.

>shitting on Twain.
Are you pleb enough?

my diary desu

>shitting on twain
Am I edgy enough /lit ?

holy shit you're probably an American too and you hate the greatest satirist your country had. There's a reason why all your great writers continued this tradition of irony and humor in the tradition literally established by Twain. Reread it fag, maybe since you're not forced this time you'll get sometihng out of it

Excuse me? Huckleberry Finn?

Well, you should give up reading.

Anyway, a really bad book is "The First Man" by Albert Camus.

It's his last book, in fact, he didn't finish it.

The thing is that when you read any of his other works, he has a particular way of writing. Like short sentences, pretty directly short sentences. After reading this book I think that his editor had a really hard work to do.

What's more, it's better the quotations he did about the book that the narration.

And Mark Twain was a fucking God. I'd bet you're american, and not critic one.

I'm revoking your license to read.

To Kill a Mockingbird

Only popular because it's le ebin message ob tolerance!!

anything written by saramago

Poorly written love stories about disenfranchised people. Several of them. Who ho Swedish school system.

>Disliking anything by Hawthorne
That's a terrible Veeky Forums sin you've just committed, user.
All of his work is sublime.

I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to read past the sparknotes in 7th grade. I could just tell that the book would be exceptionally plebeian.

This brings me back

agree, Huck Finn was a disappointment

Racism is really, really bad, guys. I just want you to know that. You got it? Good. Because racism is a terrible thing. Horrible. Very very bad. Not good, not good at all. It's pretty shit, honestly. Understood? Excellent. Because racism is for fags...

&c.

kys

>surname is literally black man.

looks like katy perry

Strangers on a train

and this one

fuck high school

Mockingbird is the sort of book where "i-it get's better" isn't just some user memeing you.

Can't be beat.

No it isn't.

It probably gets worse as it goes on. The characters are all flat and two dimensional, void of any development.

>shitting in Huck Finn
What kinda person

7TH GRADE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Its she and him. A band.

fuck you pleb

I hope you step on a lego.

get mad

For fucks sake can anyone formulate an argument as to why Huckleberry Finn is a good book?

>Subpar plot
>plagiarized characters
>terribly boring setting
>horribly annoying dialect

>Chapters 1-15

Best part of the book. Beginning of a great setting and adventure. 7.5/10

>Chapters 16-25

Hatfield and McCoy type stuff. Just referencing how feuds are dumb while ripping off Shakespeare. Absolutely terribly boring. 4/10

>Chapters 26-33

Good character development implementation. Huck starts to grow up as a character. Begins to mature and naturally question morality. The retarded plot with the conmen finally come to an end
6.5/10

>Chapters 33-39

Young teenage sized Don Quixote (Tom) and Sancho (Huck) attempting to rescue a slave without anything of value ever actually happening within those 40 or so pages. Just Twain showing how absurd he can be. Tom is literally a teenage Don Quixote throughout this book. Huckleberry is the voice of reason like Sancho, however he never quite puts his foot down like he needs to.

7/10

pleb

had to read this one, was very bad

worst book I had to read was "The Book Thief" goddamn dude that was awful

is literally what you are if you like any of those

fuck off retard

>Hey guys did you know that racism is bad!

It was a somewhat interesting framing device, however when each separate chapter is a terrible analogy about not judging a book by its cover, the final message that the black guy was probably innocent doesn't carry any impact at all.

mmm smell the teen angst.
everyone hates books at school, for a long time I hated of mice and men but then I grew up

Treasure island is a corner stone bun off

gr8 b8 m8 8/8
may need to sed8

>The characters are all flat and two dimensional, void of any development

Many of the characters are, true, but Scout certainly isn't, and neither are Atticus, Jem, and Dill. Besides, the book is meant to show the change in Scout's perception and understanding of the world around her as a result of her experiences. That world, and thus the other characters, don't have to change for the story to achieve it's purpose.

>you just didn't "get it"
is highly overused, but with this book, it really does seem to be the root cause of why so many here dislike it. I feel like this is probably just the fault of high school teachers not knowing how to teach it, though. If you all had never read it until you were older and read it on your own, I think you would find it much more meritorious. It is a fantastic book, with a lot more subtelty and nuance than it is usually given credit for, especially here.

I didn't think it was too bad, but jesus, the ending ruined everything even a little bit cool about the book

>Mysterious disappearances
>weird portal in the backyard
>Huh this is kind of cool
>Last two pages
>"I made it all up lol!"

Not memeing we read the first chapter in my High School watched the movie, this was a while back.

Also in another class, our teacher passed out chapters from Catching Fire we had to read weekly for 30 minutes before taking them back and we had to answer questions for a quiz.

The Alchemist.

anything shakespeare. just about anything else i had to read for a class was tolerable at least.

i also regret actually sticking with 2666

Fuck you

Do scripts count?