ITT: cooking education

ITT: cooking education

>tfw depressed and drop out of engineering school
>spend year on welfare money
>can't think of anything to do
>think of getting chef's degree
Is it comfyish? I don't mind running around panicked, I do mind bending my mind over some physics problem and feeling stupid.

ps. schools are free in my country and my engineering dreams are shattered so I thought I should do something with my hands and I like cooking to myself, also making pot roast atm.

Other urls found in this thread:

census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2014/cb14-130.html
usnews.com/news/stem-solutions/articles/2015/04/21/national-science-board-report-suggests-non-stem-fields-now-require-stem-skills
forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?toURL=http://www.forbes.com/sites/georgeanders/2015/07/29/liberal-arts-degree-tech/&refURL=https://www.google.de/&referrer=https://www.google.de/
forbes.com/sites/georgeanders/2015/07/29/liberal-arts-degree-tech/#49ad70045a75
youtube.com/watch?v=J-p_0FDlpkw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I bet I will never be main chef or anything but work would be better than hikky life. I'm also 25 so I should already do something with my life.

If schools are free then fuck go and be everything. Get paper.

What? So go? Btw why I need the cook papers in the first place is to get some kind of job. I guess it could even land some other field jobs but just having some kind of degree is important.

The fastest way to hate doing something you love is to work in it. Cooking is a meme tier profession, despite what a lot of 20 year olds on Veeky Forums will tell you.

Unless you're ridiculously handsome and land a TV gig you're going to fall into a circle of self-loathing, sleep deprivation and drugs. Do something normie-tier instead if you suck at STEM. Like psychology or economics. At least you'll get a passable 9-5 wageslave job afterwards.

>you're going to fall into a circle of self-loathing, sleep deprivation and drugs
Sounds like me already and I hate stuff that doesn't interest me like economics.

Well okay, not hate them from the get go, but would hate to do that as a job. And it's not like i loved engineering (mostly liked only using CAD) it's just that my dad was one and i have no imagination to what to do as job.

Well then figure your shit out famalam. Just winging it isn't actually going to get you far in life 9 times out of 10. Getting a degree in engineering because your dad did it is full retard.

At least vaguely figure out where and who you want to be before making long term commitments forward. Shit, colleges have counselors to help you figure this stuff out.

>full retard
more like I've been depressed the last 10 years and only wanted to do escapism in my free time and not think about school or work and I did that so I wouldn't kill myself and I've been to counselors, they are like "what are you interested in?" "so nothing useful?" "I can't help you"

so I figured that I want to eat good food and play games and playing games ain't paying so I thought I should cook.

And in the worst case I learn to cook better and be welfare rat with upped munny cos I got the degree.

Literally everybody on the fucking planet likes good food. It's not a reason to become a cook. I'm not shitting on you senpai, but if that's your mental state you aren't going to survive an actual kitchen working environment.

You can't build a tower on a shitty foundation.

Don't you have any actual hobbies or interests? Have you considered a career in /g/ or /diy/ fields? Freelance programmers and Trades make more money these days than most people with basic degrees.

My getting money dream died with that engineering degree, I just wanna travel a bit and smoke the dank memes, that's about it what I wanna do with money, well also collect cheap shit like LPs and videogames.

I tried for a year after the engineering stuff to do some information technology stuff, basicly server admin stuff but I sucked balls at programming or more like not even getting to suck cos I just didnt learn fast enough. My friend got wages clerk degree and now he is a postman so getting proper job is not easy here.

I also thought about being a plumber but didn't get in to the school (mostly because no work experience, it was education for adults aka people over 25) but I think that would probably be even worse job than being a cook.

Consider getting a degree in something you wouldn't have thought of. The whole 'you need a STEM degree to make a living' meme is literally bullshit and exists only to help corporate profits.

Stem majors have major competition with each other for low paid, overworked positions these days. There are literally more STEM graduates than positions, driving wages way down the shitter.

Do you know who sits at the top office of an international corporation? It isn't someone who got an engineering degree. The guys at the top in the board rooms all have business, psychology and other arts degrees save for a few lucky consultants.

That has a high time cost

Don't do it m8.

It's an awful career that will probably make you much more depressed.

Incorrect, kid.

STEMbabby detected. You fell for the memes.

Incorrect again, kid.

>census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2014/cb14-130.html
>usnews.com/news/stem-solutions/articles/2015/04/21/national-science-board-report-suggests-non-stem-fields-now-require-stem-skills

>teleports behind you
>unsheathes katana
psshh.. nothing personal.. kid.

forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?toURL=http://www.forbes.com/sites/georgeanders/2015/07/29/liberal-arts-degree-tech/&refURL=https://www.google.de/&referrer=https://www.google.de/

forbes.com/sites/georgeanders/2015/07/29/liberal-arts-degree-tech/#49ad70045a75

You should browse more Veeky Forums and less /g/

>The U.S. News/Raytheon STEM Index shows that STEM employment in the United States has gone up by more than 30 percent, from 12.8 million STEM jobs (as defined by the U.S. government) in 2000 to 16.8 million in 2013

Nobody is arguing about how many menial engineering drone positions there are. But instead of how many stem degree holders are in actually important ceo and leadership positions compared to those with arts degrees.

>What is reading comprehension

Incorrect yet again.

Impressive!

Well I cant come up with anything else really. Don't wanna be construction worker either. I live in 50k town so not much work and don't wanna move to any other town cos most of em are just worse, especially the capital.

>art degree
More like business degree you fucking tool. Engineering & good business education is fucking gold. Also you need to have very good bullshitting skills.

Not him but I'm an investment banking analyst grad at JP Morgan with a double degree in finance econ and computer science. In my team I have mainly arts majors and some hard science grads like physics and physical chemistry. Barely any people like myself, who's credentials you would probably expect when you picture an investment banker. So seriously, stem doesnt mean shit worth dick

t. Stem grad

I didn't know Veeky Forums is this autistic? Are you all in some high-flyer psychosis here?

>He thinks other people are autistic
>Is debating the value and differences of college degrees in top level employment positions on an internet anime image board's cooking sub-area

No user, the true autist was inside of you all along

>Guy spent a year on welfare money presumably being a total NEET and doing nothing
>Implying his time is worthwhile

Spending all your time in education in this case would be an upgrade.

quit college when I was 20
worked as a cook, up to chef after 6 years and was sick of it, went back to school on my only free day of the week till I got a degree in networking[IT](when I wasnt working 12 hours+) and make as much now as I did when I worked in the kitchen, but do half the hours(6-8 a day).(about 3k euro a month)

Op here, I guess it will be okay if I drink more and smoke less weed.

>Life will be better if I focus on using one drug instead of mildly using two

Have you tried just not being a degenerate, Op? The gist this thread is giving me is that your shitty life is kind of your own fault.

Depression led me to find reasons to live and that was hedonism, I'm not totally fucked up and not that depressed anymore cos weed makes life enjoyable, but ofc I wont be high working cos im not a retard. Also my goal shifted from getting goob paying job (engineering) to a job that is enjoyable or easy to do until I find out something better in life. Just trying to make my shitty life worth living.

Cooking is for the insane or the unemployable. You can make just as much pumping gas or entering data for the first ten years of a cooking career and you'll work less than half as hard.

>still having someone to pump your gas
I want third world countries to leave

btw. yes I know you are from USA, we dont have that work hard get paid attitude and culture in europe, it's get shit ton of qualification things or get fucked, also have 5 year experience for ENTRY TIER jobs.

If you need a reason to live then stable employment isn't going to help you find one.

Get rid of your shitty apartment, sell your useless shit, ditch the drugs. Pack your shit in a backpack and spend half a year walking towards the coast furthest from you. It's spiritual or some shit.

If you still don't know what to do when you get there, you can always jump in.

Already done LSD & soul searching, I just want some money and live and be. Man just needs some routine and money.

Then get a job at McDonalds and fuck off.

Either try to get your shitty ducks in a row or stop bitching here about how you wish you could while sitting there not even trying.

The only thing stopping you from living your life like you want to is you, Op. I'd say go ask your dad, but he obviously fucked up raising you judging by the amount of drugs and excuses you pump in and out of yourself.

They are divorced.

youtube.com/watch?v=J-p_0FDlpkw

Here OP, You need this more than I do.

Whoop de shit.

American family values, everybody!