What could be outside the observable universe...

What could be outside the observable universe? More of the same or different physics like different particles types and forces?

Could spacetime itself fade into some other kind of medium? Maybe the GR equations are only valid in a patch of this medium we find ourselves in.

Maybe at the very highest levels it's all just randomness and what we think of as the fundamental laws of physics are really just some local regularities.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milky_Way#/media/File:Milky_Way_Night_Sky_Black_Rock_Desert_Nevada.jpg
youtu.be/ajbN3dlDfzE?t=1m9s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>outside the universe

LOL wut?

Spacedicks.

Why did you leave out the word that explains why the question makes sense and then act like it doesn't make sense?

bump for answers/speculations.

More universe (i.e. more galaxies and stars etc.)?

It's the same all the way out?

Er yes. That's what endless and infinite means. We can only see as far as we can see.

why would it not be? you have much to learn paduwan

The physics a googolplex light years away is the same as it is here? How do we know that?

We dont, extrapolation of the observable universe says the rest of the universe should be that way.

do you believe in god young man?

I'm not a physicist but wouldn't something weird happen if the laws of physics were'nt continuous over space.

Yeah, maybe at the boundaries between different physics. But so what?

haha i dunno, just seems weird that that would happen as in i think the extrapolation is more rational

>Tfw the universe has shitty floating point precision and physics starts to break down hilariously as you travel

One thing I never understood....if I live in a galaxy near the edge of the universe, would one side/section of the sky be noticeably darker and more devoid of stars? From what I understand the universe expands at faster than light speed, but I'm just not sure what the visual would look like...

Most people should be able to see a certain segment of the sky brightly illuminated by the milky way, but the light pollution pretty much anyplace in the US except for around a few observatories with very strict light pollution laws is so bad that its become unnoticeable.

i swear ive seen that in montana

Yeah, you definitely can see the milky way on any clear night as long as you're not in the middle of a city. It's not just a few places.

More of the same, no reason to assume otherwise

>if I live in a galaxy near the edge of the universe
There is no edge/the edge is literally everywhere

Not "just" no reason, there is every reason to assume it's the same as what we can observe. If it was different, if there were different laws of physics in the unobservable portion of the universe, then you'd need some serious woowoo to explain why the universe is as it appears to be.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milky_Way#/media/File:Milky_Way_Night_Sky_Black_Rock_Desert_Nevada.jpg

maybe OP asked about what's ouside of the universe as a whole.
is there the new physics super-goo that contains more universes?

then again, if it's truely infinite then it can't be, but honestly don't know how that's supposed to work.

The US is actually a bad example, as there are pretty fucking remote areas in that huge country. Europe on the other hand is extremely dense and you have no chance to actually see any distinct features of the milky way.

youtu.be/ajbN3dlDfzE?t=1m9s

Yes possibly

It s not that hard to see the milky way as you say

>physics

Why even assume that there is a fundamental outside?

maybe we're in a black hole. our universe is a black hole.

& our universe is espanding because of other universes collapsing into it ?

dont think so.

>this fucking thread

Is this what we've become Veeky Forums? A bunch of highschool-aged brainlets speculating on fucking outside universes? Different physics? What the fuck is this, a fucking Vsauce comment section?

What the fuck is wrong with you people. Go back to wherever you came from.

what about this

Even fucking worse. The sad part is, is that thread is speculating on actual physics, but the creator very obviously doesn't fucking understand a thing about what he's read on "I fucking love science." This thread is speculating on shit that simply doesn't exist, metaphysics.

Fucking normies. Everywhere.