Apparently, pepper and egg sandwiches are popular as a meatless Lenten option for Italian-American Catholics

Apparently, pepper and egg sandwiches are popular as a meatless Lenten option for Italian-American Catholics.

Ever have one?

no but peppers, cheese, onions, eggs, and bread is an awesome combo.

have you never made an omelette sammich before?

This one has tomato sauce too though.

ayyy that works! seems like a pretty legit combination if you like egg sandwiches (i do)

If your business is primarily polishes and chicago hot beef with sweet peppers, and you have a 75% reduction in sales on Fridays, when they all go over to the Arthur Treachers....uh oh

yes, you put something else on the menu that is meatless, and it aint fish! Lakeshore fish, eww. Tomato sauce isn't a usual part of it. It's just breakfast as lunch/dinner, but on your normal hoagie that you use for all your other sandwich shop items.

>eggs, pepper, tomato sauce
While not a sandwich, this resembles shakshuka [see pic] a lot.

>eggs are considered vegetarian now

Religious people are dumb.

no one said anything about vegetarian. OP said meatless.

maybe inside your skull it's all meat, but there's no meat in an egg.

retard

Idiot

>there's no meat in an egg

meat generally implies muscle tissue, eggs have no differentiated muscle tissue, they are not considered meat

There isn't: eggs are unfertilized, ya dingus.

Its quite good, its made with breadcrumbs and whisked eggs. The result is almost like a patty that kinda resembles chicken but without the poultry flavour. Its pretty good.

>eggs are unfertilized

No shit.

It's still an animal protein. The distinction is arbitrary and retarded.

Do you call seeds trees as well?

You're not making your side of the argument look better.

Definition of meat
Animal tissue considered especially as food:
Also : flesh

words have actual meanings. it is not the fault of the rest of the world that you are too stupid to grasp this and want to conflate your own shitposts vs what reality is. kindly do the rest of us a favor and just drink some bleach to spare is the future sperging that you will inevitably do.

kek

Kek.

i watched the sopranos for the first time a few weeks ago and they had some scrub deliver 'peppers and eggs' every few episodes. i was so fucking confused

Veeky Forums truly is the biggest shitposting board.

Has it always been like this?

No, this place used to be much slower and held up mostly by fast food workers and off-duty cooks, with a few hoobyist cooks in the mix

Taking pics at restaurants, fast food autism and general /pol/ leakages overwhelm this board because it doesn't move fast enough to clear them out

>milk is meat
because it came from an animal
because it has protein

>liquid
>meat

Stop being stupid, user friend0.

>held up mostly by fast food workers and off-duty cooks
Yeah I really only come here for threads where I can bitch with fellow weary alcoholic/junkie cooks and dish bitches. It's fun to unwind after a double shift by whining or shitposting here

>Meatless
>Egg

>Animal tissue
So what's a fucking egg? Plant tissue? Fungus tissue? Fucking what?

That egg looks very dense, almost like egg foo young consistency. How does one achieve that?

Dietary restrictions due to religion are just about the dumbest thing ever.

Muslims are probably the worst though. No pig products? WHAT THE FUCK

disgusting hippy!!!!