Why do people get weirded out when I tell them I drink straight milk by the glass regularly...

Why do people get weirded out when I tell them I drink straight milk by the glass regularly? They act like I'm drinking ketchup or some shit, you drink milk right Veeky Forums?

Who are these "people"?

Co-workers, friends, and some in-direct family.

Which country?

Burger

Bullshit. Drinking a glass of milk, especially with meals, is as common as McDonald's in America. I refuse to believe anyone who's been in America more than a week would ever consider that strange.

Dude, I fucking swear when I was in high school I would tell people my favorite drink is milk when the subject came up and they acted mildly grossed out.

>Drinking a glass of milk, especially with meals, is as common as McDonald's in America

It's not even that with smaller children, little shits here in Burgerland always have a soda with their meals, even during breakfast with hot cakes they always have some sugary drink.

>high school

I was thinking you were talking about adults and not dumb fucking teenagers.

in my college fridge, we had 4 gallons of milk at any one time for three people

>I refuse to believe anyone who's been in America more than a week would ever consider that strange.
Depends on where you are. My in-laws in the Midwest drink milk the way Southerners drink soda. But on the East coast most folks I know only have it on their cereal or in their coffee. The stuff is not nearly as popular here as it was a generation or two ago.

probably because milk is for children and infants

Perfect for you then

>high school shitty teenagers

I remember those days and got the same from my classmates. High school is fucking brutal with peer pressure to fit in and be like everyone else and go with the current trends.

I don't keep anything perishable in my house.

Are these people white?

Because not everyone can handle milk due to lactose so when you say you drink milk that are probably thinking of watery shits

Britbong here, I love milk, not weird at all.

>Veeky Forums

uh, I'm already here.

You're not supposed to drink milk past a certain age and your skin should have enough melanin to produce calcium from sunlight.

If you have too much calcium, your bones begin to stop holding on to it and osteroperosis sets in.

Would you drink the milk of a horse? Why do you drink the milk of a cow?

>Would you drink the milk of a horse?

I've never tried it, but why not? We get dairy products from goats, buffalo, and sheep already so I don't see the big leap here. I'm guessing the reason why historically you don't hear much about drinking horse milk is because they're probably less efficient at producing milk than other animals are. Plus, historically horses have had other uses as riding or draft animals. I would imagine that those cultures who were very much tied to horses for survival probably do have a tradition of horse milk consumption, like some of the Native American tribes, the Mongols, etc.

>Why do you drink the milk of a cow?
Same reason I eat any other food. It has nutritional value and it tastes good.

It's fucking delicious.

This looks like the newest sitcom on the CW.

Because cereal and water tastes awful.

It's purely a market for dairy and the beef industry.

First of all, Milk tastes like shit and must be chemically seperated and other shit is done so it tastes not so shit.

Second, it's watered down to 2 percent.

Milk is bad for you past the weening phases.

>First of all, Milk tastes like shit and must be chemically seperated and other shit is done so it tastes not so shit.

Utter bullshit. There's nothing tastier than raw milk straight from the cow. Sadly, public health scares make raw milk difficult to find in some areas.

>Second, it's watered down to 2 percent.
Some of it is, sure. I don't like it. If you don't like the watered down stuff then don't buy it. But whole or raw instead.

>Milk is bad for you past the weening phases.
No, not really. I'm not lactose intolerant. You also misspelled "weaning".

>It's purely a market for dairy and the beef industry.
tautological
>Milk tastes like shit
subjective
>must be chemically seperated
You mean pasteurised and homogenised? The former is to make it last longer than a day and the latter improves the texture.
It's watered down? The fat is skimmed because it is better used in cream, butter or sour cream.

Milk is not good for you prior to or during the weening phase, human milk is good though.

>Milk tastes like shit
If you seared all your tastebuds off, sure.

if you had no tastebuds you wouldn't taste anything sherlock

I live in Alabama and drink it every morning. I've never met anyone weirded out by the idea of drinking milk by itself. What else would you pair with chocolate chip cookies?

I legit can't see why anyone would ever have anything but milk (except coffee) for any cookie or pastry.

My brother has soft drinks for cookies and stuff, and I flat out don't get why, the sweetness of them both takes away from each other and it lessens each of their taste.

You're not drinking real milk then.

Trump better do something about this Fake Milk epidemic

>t. white boy

>public health scares make raw milk difficult to find in some areas.

Yeah, I don't know why grocers would be wary of stocking something that can give you a fatal bacteria infection.

kek

but they already sell plenty of things that could give me that.

If I can buy raw meat, raw fish, raw vegetables, raw fruit, etc... then why I can't I buy raw milk?

I get mine delivered from the producer. Maybe there isn't such a big demand for it, and stores don't want to throw it away after a day.

The issue is a legal one, and it varies greatly by location since it's affected by both state and local law.

In many places it is illegal to sell unpasteurized milk. In others it's totally legal and you will see it right there in the supermarket. In other places (such as where live), it IS legal, but it can only be sold at the dairy where it is produced. There are probably other situations as well.

Because raw milk can contain nasty communicable diseases in them that can really fuck your day up. Pasturizing the milk kills these off, ensuring that any possible contamination is destroyed

>produce calcium from sunlight
Dude, it`s vitamin D, not calcium

>horse milk
I`t called "Kumys". Never drank it, though.

So does raw eggs, fish/meat, unwashed veggies and more.

>Because raw milk can contain nasty communicable diseases in them that can really fuck your day up

So can all the other foods that I listed.

>>Pasturizing the milk kills these off, ensuring that any possible contamination is destroyed

Are you suggesting that we do the same thing with meat, poultry, fish, and produce? Why is milk special?

What do you do with fish, meat and chicken before you eat it? Unless you're eating you cook it you fucking retard. Look up mastitis or bovine tuberculosis and aske me how fish and chickens can't have an infection of the udder or other cow diseases

Even niggers & spics know that people drink milk, even if they don't.

I drink milk regularly, though I never drink it when I'm eating anything that has a lot of cheese in it. I always feel like milk and cheesy dishes never go right together.

First of all, you synthesize vitamin D, not calcium, from sunlight.

Second of all, melanin decreases your ability to synthesize it, rather than increasing it. People with darker skin are more at risk for vitamin D deficiency, and as such, vitamin D supplements are often added to milk.

>it's watered down to 2 percent
Whole milk is 3.25%. Anything less is pussy milk. Anything more is cream, or at least half and half.

>Milk tastes like shit

Did anyone ask for your retarded opinion?

Freedomonia gonna Freedom

>What do you do with fish, meat and chicken before you eat it?

Depends. I often make sushi in which the fish is eaten raw. I also make beef tartare (also raw). And if I'm cooking a steak then the interior will be rare.

I noticed how you completely ignored my comments about fruit and vegetables, which we do eat raw. And they can very easily make people sick due to bacterial contamination.

>>infection of the udder
Of course they can't have that. But they can and do have other kinds of bacteria that pose a health risk.

The point is that with every other "raw" food the customer is assumed to take the risk. We can buy raw meat, poultry, produce, etc. and it's up to us, the customer, if we want to take the risk and eat them raw.

But milk, for some reason, is treated differently. I totally understand that raw milk has a chance of carrying harmful bacteria. I'm OK with that. I've researched it and I'm OK with the risks. Yet I don't have the option to buy it without jumping through silly hoops? Seems dumb to me.

Let's not forget eggs. No salmonella scare has ever led to a law that requires all eggs to be hard boiled before they can be sold.

but in usa they are 'washed to death' so you have to keep in the fridge because the natural protection layer is off .. Every where else in the world you can keep eggs at room temp for weeks

Are you an adult?
If you are they have every right to be weirded out.

Irrelevant.

The point is that eggs are sold raw despite carrying a bacterial risk.

(And BTW, you can keep eggs for weeks in the US too. It's just that most of us are scared to do so since we've had fridges around for so long) I've lived in the US for 33 years. I've been eating raw eggs for all of them. I've never once gotten sick from eggs. For that matter, I've never had food poisoning or been to the doctor for any reason other than physicals or immunizations.

I would be "grossed out" too if I had to drink American milk, but I can't see why other Americans are repulsed by it unless they are all non-white/lactose-intolerant.

It's a good thing people usually cook those things before consuming them

People over 4 years old don't drink milk. Even the media conditions us into believing that a glass of milk is something only children and fathers of children drink (not mothers, they eat yogurt)

this is a whites only board

You do realize Americans are the minority on this board, right?

I'm white as fuck. Just not a child.

OP you have no right to feel bad for drinking the white man's beverage.

Milk is disgusting and for malnourished children

Look, if you don't like the taste of your bull ejaculating in your mouth, that's fine, but don't call it "milk" and insist I shouldn't drink cow's milk.

Please, no niggering.

>your skin should have enough melanin to produce calcium from sunlight
You must have gotten at least three separate things mixed up there.

>Kumys
Kek

It's probably because it's not appealing. A glass of regular milk is a lot to drink. Hard to explain, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

It's just... Eh. Chocolate milk or something sure. Cereal, of course. Regular? Eh...

>A glass of regular milk is a lot to drink
>there is only one size of glass

Milk can be a nutritious part of any diet BUT if you say "I LOVE milk and drink it all the time" you're probably drinking too much. But this is true of almost anything other than green vegetables, lean meat and whole grains.

Is GOMAD too much?

Man, you are a fucking genius.

Yes

prove it?

that helps it being whites only more than it hurts

shut the fuck up before you make a fool of yourself again, mong

Your autism must be a terrible burden

Milk drinking at a young age has been causated with autism in some children

>I don't keep anything perishable in my house

the perfect answer is to irradiate milk, but normies are too scared of nukes to ever consume it.

eh I catch flack for it too. Most people see it as 'juvenile' but fuck them. I'm 30 and love a glass of ice cold milk.

Not the user you are responding to. But most fish used for sushi or sashimi in restaurants are treated with great care from market to table. A lot places keep the fish at certain temperatures to ensure bacterial growth is kept low. Which makes raw fish safer to eat. Now yes Beef can be eaten rare so long as the surface is cooked to kill surface bacteria. Beef also has a very thick texture which the bacteria can't penetrate as easily. And if kept at the proper temperature to keep bacterial growth low so it can be used raw. Now veg and fruits are safer than meat as their surface does not provide the most ideal conditions for harmful bacteria to grow and proliferate to a high level. Which is why we can eat them, so long as the dirt is washed off they are safer than meat and fish. Most places also wash their salads and greens in solutions with chlorine to kill bacteria like E-coli. Thus making raw salads safer to eat.
The controversy with raw milk is that it is a haven for bacteria to grow quickly. Back in the day before we knew about cells and bacteria. People were dying from unpasteurised milk. Often people added chemicals to remove the sour taste from old milk and drink it. This allowed many types of bacteria to grow to harmful levels and would have killed infants, children and adults. Till pasteurisation came along. now it does not take out ALL the bacteria but reduces the level of bacteria. Making it safer and in turn allows you to keep it slightly longer.

I think he meant it's filling? Idk

anyway I'm from Canada and I only drink milk in my tea. I don't really like drinking plain, straightup milk, it tastes bad and makes my nose feel really stuffy and just awful. Even super low percent still tastes too thick for me like it's gonna make me hock up some wicked phlegm. Maybe I'm mildly lactose intolerant or some shit or maybe milk just sucks. I don't like cereal. I'll sometimes drink chocolate milk though. Real interesting I know.

fuck you cheese is delicious. And why was cheese invented? yes, to preserve milk.

Milk is for calves, manchildren, and idiots who just dont know what real milk is like.

Cheese stinks of death and rot ... Clean up your filthy act fuckwit

Milk is the drink of the Master Race, damn right i drink 4L every day

Milk is good

Once or twice a month I'll stop for donuts on my drive into work. Thing is, it's not even the donuts I love. I also get one of those little 12 oz bottles of milk. I drink it right after finishing the donuts. Man, it is so cold and crisp, it's fucking amazing. Highlight of my day damn near. Don't know why more people don't drink it.

They put vitamin D. in milk and white bread so niggers don't get fragile bones. It would be reasonable to assume that niggers drink milk regularly.

Drink a glass or two every night. Taste delicious. It's possible some people buy shitty milk though, you know the kind that tastes sort of tangy? Now that shit is fucking nasty.

Fatty milk after the sickening sweet taste of a donut is incredibly satisfying. Its like taking your mouth to the climax of a flavor journey without having to experience of inevitable sugar exhaustion that follows. Its a crime against nature really.

>Second, it's watered down to 2 percent.
Extraction of one isn't the same as an addition of another.

It's skimmed down to X%.

0% is best.

I don't think I've ever drunk a glass of milk, nor do I have it in hot drinks.

Ya, it's good. Sometimes I'll add honey.

>0% is best
Has any one man ever been so wrong before?

Real men drink milk whole. Skim milk has none of the fats that make milk both nutritious and delicious. It's basic evolution to prefer the taste of whole milk.

Fucking faggot, I bet you're scared of catching the "milk plegue" propaganda bullshit

I only drink chocolate milk.
Pure milk is shit.

Milk is absolutely disgusting OP

Anyone who doesn't like milk is a disgusting subhuman whose opinions are worthless and should be culled from the population.
Thread over.

milk makes you fat, don't drink it

>your skin should have enough melanin to produce calcium from sunlight.
>synthesizing an atom
Are you a particle accelerator?