So i was reading the wiki and saw a recommendation of Guyton and Halls Physiology and Robbins Pathology and lots of...

So i was reading the wiki and saw a recommendation of Guyton and Halls Physiology and Robbins Pathology and lots of other books studied at medical schools. Do people really read those huge af books just for the sake of learning a new thing here?

So you're asking if people really do read/have to read fuckhuge bricks for university? YES WE FUCKING DO.

What the fuck did you think? Jesus christ...

t. medfag

most of it is bulk of the writer reflecting his ego, to project his person personality, and be friends with the reader

if you don't care about him / her and just read the book it only takes a day or two and you get all the necessary info

No. When recommending Guyton, wiki said after reading this you will know more physiology than a med student cause medstudents go for important things only.

So i was asking if there really are non-med autists who read these books for fun..

Liberal arts major detected

>there really are non-med autists who read these books for fun
No

>after reading this you will know more physiology than a med student cause medstudents go for important things only
No

Stop falling for jealousy memes.

Not jealous. Just want to be an autist who can digest these big books. I am literally just reading their pocket companions

Then buy or loan them. Dont bother reading any "in review" or pocket versions, because they cut out all the explaining and reasoning parts. They are only made to scam unknowing readers. Read the whole thing and you'll do much better.

I can give you the standard med school book list, if you wish.

Please do

you can get used copies from somewhere like abebooks for literally like 3 dollars if you don't mind a slightly older edition

How to revise big book just before exam? Robbins has like 1400 pages

You can start with the preclinical stuff first:

>Biochemistry and metabolism
Lehninger: Principles of Biochemistry
Devlin: Textbook of Biochemistry with Clinical Correlations

>Histology
Ross & Pawlina: Histology: A Text and Atlas: With Correlated Cell and Molecular Biology

>Molecular biology
Alberts: Molecular Biology of the Cell

>Embryology
Larsen's Human Embryology

>Pharmacology
Rang & Dale's Pharmacology

>Physiology
Boron: Medical Physiology

>Neurobiology
Purves: Neuroscience

>Anatomy atlas
Netter: Atlas of Human Anatomy
(To hell with Sobotta)

>Anatomy textbook
Moore: Clinically Oriented Anatomy
Gray: Gray's Anatomy (for Students)

>Pathology
Robbins Basic Pathology

>Immunology
Janeway's Immunobiology

Please answer this

This of course depends on the kind of learner you are. My friends and I used to lock ourselves into a classroom and brainstorm on the board for a day. Then at home I would rewrite my notes on every chapter into a mini-review. This would be around 30-60 pages depending on the exam.

t.

C-can you post a picture of a page from your notes?

Is there a book on something like diagnosing broken, cracked bones, stretched tendons/ligaments/muscles without using x-rays or other imaging devices?
I have Hoppenfeld - Physical Examination of the Spine and Extremities, which is pretty good.
Just wondering if there's others

> Gray's Anatomy
isn't that book horribly outdated?
I tried reading the first chapter and had fun trying to translate the ancient names for chemicals.

Grey's anatomy has been maintained by other auther by keeping the text uptodate and like a modern textbook. Its on like 45th edition or something. Since its literally the biggest book I have seen and just looking at it will make a student want to make a different choice. What other user recommended is "for Students". It very basic as compared to the Big Grey's but very good at that.

Sorry, but I archived them all after graduating.
Studying is not rocket surgery. Just find out what kind of learner you are (listener, reader, writer, sketcher) and follow that. Most colleges have people who can help you to find this out.

I had the following routine:
1. Attend lectures
2. Attend PBL (problem based learning) meetings
3. Read designated chapters
4. Highlight and make notes
5. Brainstorm with friends on a white board a few times a week
6. Repeat from 1.
7. Write mini-review of material on days before exam
8. Attend exam
9. Get drunk and forget everything

4th year Med-student here with similar routine.
In my university we actually have really tidy class notes that are inherited from generation to generation and always improved. At the beginning of every semester, after a couple of classes, we designate the "base" class notes (as in which class notes from last year we intend to use if there are several versions), and the people in charge for every subject. Those people then go to the classes, and add to the class notes as needed. The final class notes are later edited by several people every week. They have frankly become much clearer than the textbooks. Also, most of our classes were recorded, so that was nice.
My routine was usually
>Attend lecture or watch video of lecture at x2 speed if I don't have time
>Read class notes and make Anki cards
>Read relevant book chapters on weekend
>Review the Anki cards regularly

Before the exam:
>Go over all the class notes and write down pointers
>Go over the presentations
>Go over exams from previous years
>Go over pointers

Looks like too much work desu

It's pretty tough, but that's pretty much what's required, people who don't do that have to do other things, but they still have to get their head around the same amount of material. If you're fine with slightly lower grades you can generally skip the books and only study from class notes and presentations, and you could still hit 90+ on most subjects and 80+ on the hard ones.