Space race revealed: US and China test futuristic EmDrive on Tiangong-2 and mysterious X-37B plane

ibtimes.co.uk/space-race-revealed-us-china-test-futuristic-emdrive-tiangong-2-mysterious-x-37b-plane-1590289

>Space race revealed: US and China test futuristic EmDrive on Tiangong-2 and mysterious X-37B plane
US and Chinese governments are already testing out their own EmDrive devices on spacecraft, sources say.

sciencealert.com/leaked-nasa-paper-shows-the-impossible-em-drive-really-does-work

>Leaked NASA paper shows the 'impossible' EM Drive really does work

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN MEMEDRIVE BECAME REAL?

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencealert.com/leaked-nasa-paper-shows-the-impossible-em-drive-really-does-work
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

we will travel to the stars on memes

Finally we can travel outside of out galaxy and back in time.
What a ride,I am getting high on life.

Newton on suicide watch

what is the scientific study of meme magic called?

memeology? memesics? memestry?

memetics.

isn't that just for conventional, non-magical memes?

Meme magic makes memetics real

How the fuck does thing work, how come it's not debunked already ffs?

We are in the practical area right now, which is quite rare nowadays.

We know it works, but not how or why. It will come.

Making fun of something just because you don't want to believe it works. Pathetic. Go jack off to your "infallible" textbooks.

Because somehow every time it produces thrust it produces an amount exactly equivalent to the margin of error of the tools used to measure thrust.

Once we find a thrust measurement device that has a margin of error greater than the speed of light we'll have interstellar travel.

Niether one of those articles says anything about space testing beyond the headlines. Nor do they provide much in the way of sources.

The only drive X-37 is testing is a new hall effect thruster.

Cool, call me back when it produces more thrust than the margin of error of the experiment set up

>sciencealert.com/leaked-nasa-paper-shows-the-impossible-em-drive-really-does-work
Is this the thing the neckbeard invented in his basement.

It's exiting, is it not?

Because all the results come from the same group and no one that pays attention to them care what everyone everywhere else says. It is possible that it isn't reactionless, but the one theory that doesn't involve ablating the housing sounds like a lot of bullshit and imposes some weird rules on photons, like number conservation.

watch out guys! he knows!!! hes a genius!!

friendly reminder that the US and Chinese governments will throw gobs of money at almost anything that offers the slightest chance of technological superiority.

they are called boondoggles.

I've been thinking about the EM drive and reading the various theoretical explanations for quite a while now. I think I've got an analogy that partially explains the effect, but first you must realize that we don't truly know what EM energy is. We know lots of things about it, it's properties and modes of propagation etc... but the question of it's true nature, is it particle or wave or something else is still debated.
So with that in mind as well as the fact that this is a crude analogy, come with me on the following thought experiment.

Imagine a rigid platform with a perpendicular wall at one end and a mechanism at the other. The wall is elastic and very hard, think steel. The mechanism has two functions, it shoots a steel sphere and then catches it on the rebound. Now, if you imagine that the mechanism can shoot the steel sphere at the wall on the opposite end of the platform and then catch the sphere on the rebound consider the following.
The act of projecting the sphere toward the wall imparts a net thrust in the opposite direction. When the sphere strikes the wall some energy is lost and some net thrust is generated in the direction the sphere was traveling originally, but these are small because of the elasticity of the impact. When the sphere is caught it again imparts a net thrust in the direction of travel and this time the thrust is in the same direction as the first thrust from the initial projection. Then net result of these actions is a thrust in one direction.

I

Seems larger than the moe here, but what a weird residual effect when the RF is turned off.