For a 200-pound male of average height, a 1.75x bodyweight squat, a 2x bodyweight deadlift, and a...

>For a 200-pound male of average height, a 1.75x bodyweight squat, a 2x bodyweight deadlift, and a .75x bodyweight press constitute a well-developed strength base.

>Although this isn't considered "strong" by competitive lifters, it represents a level of strength that's attainable by 95% of male trainees in a few short months of reasonably efficient training on the lifts.

Reminder that if you can't perform the above lifts you are a weak faggot and need to put down the books for a few months and get strong.

Other urls found in this thread:

symmetricstrength.com/standards#/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

but is it consistent for all weights?

IDK, I am only 150 and I could do this so w/e.

So...what are the stats for 130 pounds. I'm asking for a friend.

>tfw 5'10" weak fatass who doesn't read either

I wanna be a qt trap not a burly guy

symmetricstrength.com/standards#/

Shit, I've been lifting for a couple of years and still cant do this. Most I can do is 100kg squats and 130 deads. I weight 75kgs. Is this for ORM?

I can do more than my bodyweight for bench though.

Post stats and what you are reading right now.

>1.68 m, 78 kgs bw
>Squat - 165 kgs for reps
>Bench Press - 110 kgs for reps
>Deadlift - 170 kgs for 1/2 reps
>OHP - 65 kgs for reps

Reading the Upanishads (Olivelle translation) and The Merchant of Venice.

>table defaults to one rep

>the old well trained mind vs well trained body meme
>implying we can't have both

>for reps

You mean 2?

What if I have a x2BW squat, x2.75BW pull, and a x1.05BW press?

3-5

Well which is for which?

It depends how I'm feeling that day, and if I got a spot or wear a belt.

For squats, it's usually 3 reps, 4 if belt and spot; for BP and OHP it's 5 reps.

200 lbs is fat for average american height.

I'm 6'2" and weigh 185 lbs.
And yes i can do all those lifts...those are incredibly low standards. I think it's what i used to lift around 10th grade in school.

Didn't expect so many strong litizens.
Achieved 1000 lbs club last summer. Haven't been really consistent in training after achieving the goal.

Slowly getting there bro.
0.75 bench
1.25 squat
1.5 diddy
(wont post my ohp its pathetic)

Also, if youre interested in lifting, the forst half of arnies 'total recall' biography is really good.

>le lifting for strength meme
Congratulations on your misplaced vanity, love, 6' 225 lbs.

OP is probably describing ORM and, regardless, is being an autist about strength. Literally nobody outside the gym will give a shit if you can DL 350 or 450.

I actually reread that relevant passage of Republic just yesterday and was reminded of a crucial and very cool point I had forgotten from my earlier reading:

>[A person who's educated in music and poetry will] work at physical exercises in order to arouse the spirited part of his nature, rather than to acquire the physical strength for which other athletes diet and labor. (410b)

>1.75x
>2x
>.75x

I don't understand what this means.

It means that number times your body weight.

So 60kg body weight should lift 2x that for deadlift meaning a 60kg man should diddylift 120kg

Fractions/multiples of bodyweight.
1.75x 200lb = 350lb squat
2x "" = 400 lb deadlift
.75x "" = 150lb overhead press

I thought I was on Veeky Forums lol

I reached 1/2/3/3.5, but I got really bored of weightlifting and I didn't feel much benefit from it aside from strength.

Now I do high intensity interval training and I'll start bodyweight training soon. Sure, I'm not gonna be able to lift as much, but I enjoy it a hell of a lot more and I feel physically great.

People who take strength too seriously are usually manlets.

6'
175 lbs
315 Squat
405 DL
175 BP

Reading: Marx-Engels Reader (Tucker), Masochism (Deleuze), Anxiety (Lacan), Infinite Jest. Recently finished CĂ©line's Journey to the End of Night.

>tfw stopped going to the gym the day I noticed I'm actually finally fit
I was on a good run. Gained around 10kgs muscles and BMI was perfect.