The more I study EE the more I realize I'd probably be not intelligent enough to study mathematics or physics

the more I study EE the more I realize I'd probably be not intelligent enough to study mathematics or physics

the more I study mathematics the more I realize I'm probably not intelligent enough to study mathematics

There's lots of physics worse than the typical EE work, but most of math isn't as bad.

Really? Always figured higher level math would be harder, huh.

Pure Math > EE > Physics > "Math"

Op listen to this guy
I usually just shit post here about how math is top tier, but I identified with your post. I just started a master's in Math (BSci Applied Math) and I wouldn't say I'm even remotely smart.

I would have never thought I could complete a bachelor's in Math let alone get into grad school for math, but I worked my ass off (all while feeling inferior) and managed to not only succeed but excel. This is coming from someone who studied business my first two years of college(plz no bully)

TL;dr math is difficult and will make you feel like shit but you can do it and the rewards are immense.

What's "Math" exactly?

Same here op.
I did real analysis and was so fucking confused that I had to drop it within a week.
Literally nothing in EE has been that difficult except for maybe Analogue/transistor analysis particularly with the early effect/theoretical calculations.

linear algebra is as complicated as it can get while I still have a decent grasp on things.

pretty sad desu. I know for math majors linear algebra is baby stuff. at least it's my last math class.

so difficulty scale?

physics = math > chemistry > EE > CS > biology > SWE (software engineering) > geology / environmental

(math|physics)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Computer Science > *Science >>>>>>>>>>>>>> * Engineering

No one is good at math. Physics isnt that hard. Im pretty dumb and I graduated from a decently tough physics program in 4 years with a 3.1.

Math is fine to study but understand what you are getting yourself into career wise. You will be behind a desk. If you arent a rockstar you'll probably work in either insurance or banking. Have hobbies to avoid suicide.

What about chemistry?

While math is harder to understand than most EE subjects you learn in school, the true challenge in engineering comes from solving actual problems, something pure mathematicians are incapable of. They may understand some neat shit about some curve in 6th dimension, but the only merit of worth in this universe, is our ability to change it.
Do not trouble yourself OP

>the true challenge in engineering comes from solving actual problems
this.

As a ME, I only realized just how fucking difficult engineering is when I had to analyze a 4-bar mechanism against stress, failure, fatigue, etc... and then having to optimize it for kinematics and size.

The more I study physics the more I realize I'm probably not intelligent enough to study physics

On my fifth year.

It's called the Dunning-Kruger effect

I didnt know of the other side of the dunning kruger effect

I only see it being applied on dota 2 players

effort> talent. Just spend time. Maybe you will have to study a lot and someone will not need that much, but you can achieve the same by just spending time on it. Just this.

>""""pure"""" M.. Mental masturbation
my piss is also pure.

however """""pure""""" physicists are the fucking worst
>"you can't know nothing"
>"dark matter"
>"Classical mechanics is boring, it's the """"quantum"""" "mechanics" what really matters"
>" i'm sorry, i don't know what phase space is. is it related to quantum mechanics?"
>"muh euler"
>"muh newton"
>"muh astrophysics"
>"what is this "LTI system" you speak of?"
>newtonian mechanics in worst cases
>muh idealized world
>muh "breakthrough of the week" which is unmanufacturable in the next 40 years;
seriously fuck them

I'm in Engineering Science and Mechanics. A math minor and a physics minor are built into the degree, I just have to apply for them. It's literally "I wish I was smart enough to get a physics degree" the degree.

Maybe you're someone vastly different than me, but I really don't think any pure physicist would ever say classical mechanics is boring, or not know about phase space. Classical mechanics sets the foundation for all of classical field theory, and still has applications in QFT and standard QM. And phase space is literally just inverse space, so any theoretical Condensed matter physicist or any non-linear optical physicist would use these all the time.

or you could say the more you study EE the more you realize that it's the right path for you

>I'd probably be not intelligent enough to study mathematics or physics
>probably be not intelligent enough
>be not
learn to spoken

?

physics ~ EE ~ math >CS>chem>geology (high level with geophysics)>SWE>biology

3.1 is not that good bro

op here

english is not my native language and I knew there was something off with this sentence but I couldnt tell what

thanks

Yup, assuming infinite potential (and autism) studying pure mathematics would probably the most flexible choice in getting a career at just about anything under the sun. The 300k starting shit isn't a joke, if, for example, you manage to land a job at some hedge fund somewhere as a quant, etc. I don't think anyone would dispute that seriously.

The problem is you're basically competing, in both jobs and research, against some of the greatest autists the world has ever seen - the ones that have been doing mathematics and nothing aside of mathematics since they were 4 years old. I'm talking about gold medalists at the IMO and those people that end up taking graduate level courses in math by the time they enroll in college.

Basically, if you don't have the knack and aptitude for it, and a conducive environment to pursue a career in mathematics from a very young age, your prospects in the field will be cut much, much shorter. There is no way you can compete with the people who are doing it better and for much longer.