Gonna make some meatloaf this weekend...

Gonna make some meatloaf this weekend, but one of my friends coming over is genetically defective and allergic to tomato. What's a good substitute for ketchup to use as a sauce for the top of the loaf?

Other urls found in this thread:

epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/dr-pepper-barbecue-sauce-353269
alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2010/12/feta-stuffed-turkey-meatloaf-with-tzatziki-sauce-low-carb.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

blood

make a ketchup out of red bell pepper

or bbq with brown sugar but sometimes that has tomatoes too

Maybe a mustard based bbq sauce

tomato should be genocided

Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce
epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/dr-pepper-barbecue-sauce-353269

Shits awesome.

the ones with no flavor that everyone uses and they sell at the grocery store, i agree

>allergic to tomato

Wow, another allergy popped up for everybody to get on board with. What's next? Water?

Tomato allergy is pretty common. You must be 12. This website is restricted to 18, little guy. Contact a moderator and let them know you're under age so they can delete your account.

How autistic are you to get angry over someone having an allergy?

Flips make banana based ketchup, maybe you could try that

Banana ketchup still has tomato in it. I have a bottle in my fridge.

>ketchup out of red bell pepper

I'm very partial to that idea. Red bells retain a sweetness like ketchup has. I would just need to add a little salt and a thickening agent like honey or molasses then reduce the blended mixture on the stove until it has a good consistency.

>mustard based bbq sauce

I like this idea also. I have some mustard powder and mustard seeds in my cabinet. Just blend it up with some cider vinegar, honey, salt and pepper (maybe some radishes too) and that would make a great condiment topping.

>Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce
>1 cup ketchup

Subbing the ketchup out would probably drastically change the flavor for the worse, especially at the recommended amount of 1 cup.

You can honestly get by without it at all in my opinion, ketchup is for kids

Gravy

Don't make meatloaf. Why substitute and make something you don't like as much. Make something else for that night. If you need to use ground beef make hamburgers or something.

Because I want to break in my new loaf pan.

OP, you could lay thick bacon slices across the top (pretty traditional anyway), maybe brush the bacon with a bit of mustard/brown sugar to glaze the bacon help it caramelize and look pretty. I'd add a hint of allspice or cloves myself, a shake, such as you'd do to a ham roast. Is there tomato in A1? Heinz 57? Both would glaze bacon nicely and add some zip. You can also puree some jarred roasted bell peppers and make a pepper puree that would certainly glaze down and add a ribbon of flavor both.

If you find it really abhorrent not to have tomato on a traditional meatloaf and you don't just want to serve yourself, then maybe consider making a nontraditional one. Get some ground chicken, ground pork, some crunchy water chestnuts, ginger, green onion, celery, cilantro, luscious peppers, and top the whole thing with hoisin sauce. Or go BBQ. Or, go gyro greek flavors with your loaf. Pan sear those slices! Stuff some hard boiled eggs in there, make it a sausage scotch egg loaf! Breadcrumbs on top, panko, and it'll bake crunchy on top. Mix up a creamy garlic rich tzatziki for the side.

alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2010/12/feta-stuffed-turkey-meatloaf-with-tzatziki-sauce-low-carb.html

Just make it with ketchup.
If your friend is genuinely allergic, he/she will remove the affected part dilligently.

gochujang

Cum

When making it add milk or red pepper puree if you need extra liquid. When done serve it with a little bit of gravy.

you know what, why not just make Salisbury Steaks instead?

Use a gravy from reduced chipotle pepper maybe

you could try ajvar

anyone have that meatloaf instruction image with the bacon wrap and ketchup/apple cider sauce?