What is the name of your main character in your novel?

What is the name of your main character in your novel?

>Wolfgang von Herrmann

Gregory Berrycone

le assman

Sounds stupid

What does the knob symbolize?

No german would have a name like this

Jordi Siewert
am I Pynchon now

um the author is dead so whatever he says is worthless. why ask

still one of my favourite lit moments

As a native German I'd advice you against this. Hermann and even von Herrmann do exist. With von Herrmann that's the problem. It's like writing about a Mountbatton (?) but claiming no relation.

Unless it's on purpose. Then it's alright.

Also: Floyd Eisener

Tango Josipovici

Donald Klaus Van Klein

Chuck Costumbres

Yaşar Eke

it is a reference to Hay bin Yakdhan

he sounds like an accomplished adventurer. but what are the names of his traveling companions? i wouldn't want to have to wait until after the first sentence of your story to find out.

Big Neeguh. His archnemesis is Phat Joe.

Oleg Kirillov
Assumes the name Adan Miller for most of the book to hide his identity, if that's pertinent.

Black Dick. Its an historical fiction about the battle of Antietam during the American Civil War.

Sonic the Hedgehog

>Kirillov

no need for that double l

>an historical

Sounds good to me. I thought it looked better with a single l, but the double seemed to be more "realistic" based on googling around.

Not that it matters because it isn't like I'll ever have what I'm writing in a publishable state

John Smith

Nobody cared who he was until he grew the knob

Humbert Humbert

Cemal Katirci

Hello fellow Turkanon

hey

tell me about your novel

Luis Rodrigo Rojas López

Harry Potter

I'll be famous one day, just you wait and see.

Why did the meme resurface? Wasn't that post forever ago?

Spike Thorney

Lucio de Tunares

Quite euphoric, I like it.

Guifré Oranella

Donde Lobo

you could as well have named him Kraut von Fritz

Stephen, of course.

>uh historical

Rufus Cybalt, of Jersey

Barabal, or Martsan, they both mean Stanger in the setting, because he doesn't have a name.

user.

Biggus Dickus

"Ape king"

My favorite so far

Truman Magila

Emily Adagio

Uhake Chisasu

Kek

My work in progress has several protags, it's an anthology of sorts. In order of apparition we have: Smee, Maimen, Dr. Pawelheer, Button Lee and Juan Oviu.

Nella. She's a ghost.

Christopher Tolkien's father

Stabor. Philosopher in a dark medieval fantasy setting.

Jenna Novikov and Alice Pirenne

Well the guy I named isn't actually the main character but I didn't want to spill the name of the main dude. Here it goes though:

>in the 1950s, an Italian journalist and his failed poet friend travel to Turkey in order to write what is essentially a throwaway article about the imperialist issues in turkey, as a form of journalistic revenge for the mockery of Italy's military (even though it was under mussolini) in Nazim Hikmet's Letters To Tarantu Babu. In a way structured like The Divine Comedy, they travel through the rural, urban, and governmental parts of turkey, and both with accounts of events in interviews (with some possibly senile or biased people) and their own perceptions, the story becomes almost magical realist with the warpings of reality that come from historical subjectivity and the Ulysses-like absurdity of relating these mundane characters to the Divine Comedy

Gwijde den Koninck

Shadow
jk, gaiman is a hack though

What do you mean he's dead?

Al.

Are they big guys?

Not him, but one of the best ideas for a novel I've seen on Veeky Forums. Why the choice of the 50s, out of curiosity?

John Character

Phillip. My uncle was named Phil, and that's as good a name as any.

Skigniki Loblaw

Your book is shit.

favorite itt

I'd read it. Keep working on it.

He is never named.

Edward

Vitas

Konor Kondôr

Just so it makes sense with Italy being just off of Mussolini and the fascism detailed in Tarantu Babu while still being far away enough from 1935 to make the whole venture ridiculous

Iroquois Wolfgang

Oliver Theobalt

like a year old

Takeshi Deshawn-miyamota

my book is about a mixed race man in japan facing discrimination

Lowell Devereaux.

You don't find out that's his name until the final chapter.

Elvira Haberer

Jamie Leaf

John Self

i like it. magical realism is hard, but when it is well done, when you can set the atmosphere in such a way that not even the reader notices the "magic", it transforms the work to something great, no matter how the plot is or the prose is.

Türkçe mi yazıyorsun, İngilizce mi? Türkçe büyülü gerçekçiliğe çok uyuyor bence, hikaye anlatımında doğallığını koruyabildiğii için.

Ebony “Enoby” Dark’ness Dementia Raven Way

Nicholas Kirk.

I combined two Veeky Forums memes together.

Your book is going to be terrible btw.

Adam Norton. A combination of two incredibly pretentious people I lived with at university.

It's gonna be a best seller.

Alistair Browne

Sounds sexy user, keep us updated.

Jon Snow.

GURM here.

AMA!

I'm floundering right now between Turkish and English but what I think I'll end up doing is writing it in Turkish and then translating it over to English so it has a bit of a different quality (a la the Marquez or Atay translations) to it and is just easier to give around too. But I agree, Turkish lends itself really well to magical realism

t. Someone who doesn't have a Turkish keyboard on their phone so I just wrote in English

It must have been very painful

John Jurasek

>John Character
underrated post

Robin O'Malley

Henri.

He's French.

I've never visited France.

honhonhonri