Statisticians are worthless salespeople. There is nothing scientific about the field

Statisticians are worthless salespeople. There is nothing scientific about the field.

That's correct and obvious, just like facts that CO2 does cause climate change and that there's no bigger number than 10^200

you clearly know nothing about science then.

Garbage in, Garbage out, the election.

prediction models and polls based on 2008/2012 elections. which Obama enjoyed abnormally high voter turn out.

Nate silver was right in saying "Hey guys, you know that Donald trump could still win, right?"

Meanwhile Sam wong goes around with his
95% chance hillary" model.

>There is nothing scientific about the field.

Well, the problem is that you are not looking at scientific facts. You are looking at political and media stats. Those people were bought by Clinton. They literally said that Trump had a 1% chance of winning.

Where did that number came from? He was already really close in the polls. How could it be just 1%. This was obviously pushed to make the people who vote for Donald Trump think that 'Oh, he will never win so why even bother go to vote'.

Those stats were not collected, they were manufactured by Clinton's campaign. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone knew Trump was going to win with a 100% chance and this is exactly why they pushed the 1% narrative.

>SEE GUYS! HE CAN'T WIN! DON'T EVEN BOTHER VOTING HAHA. HE CAN'T. LOL. LOL. RIGHT GUYS?

And just like in Brexit, the corrupted establishment got BTFO. Lets make america great again. Lets make statistics great again.

Statistics in an embarrassment to the mathematical community.
It's like being a drug dealer or a pharmacist instead of a surgeon.
Learn some real math guys or get the fuck out of this field.

bad troll

Stat is a Veeky Forums degree. Any statistician during the election was actually weighting the money they'd receive for fake results against the potential backlash they'd get.

>"objective data" is inexorably at the mercy of human consciousness
>unironically not knowing this

>Stat is a Veeky Forums degree.
You don't know shit about stat.

>/pol/ bend and stretch statistics to validate their racism
>"ablooo blooo it doesn't work when it's against me!!!!11"

What are you talking about? Statisticians predicted that Trump had a 1% chance of winning.

Was that ever reflected during the actual voting? No, since the beginning he had more electoral votes than Hillary and Statisticians had to immediately backpedal to like "Well... it is actually more like 35% lol"

Salty losers will be salty losers. Just enjoy the show.

>Was that ever reflected during the actual voting?
Well yeah, even with how hated hillary was she STILL won the popular vote

She received more votes. No amount of thinking can counter-react the retardation of american political system

Pretty sure user was referring to race statistics, like racial differences in IQ.

>Hillary won the popular vote
True, but by less and 500,000.
And it doesn't even matter.

>nuthugging a billionaire this badly
kill yourself

Except it does matter when we talk about stats. Polling statistics were almost right on the money about how Clinton performed vs. Trump in the popular vote. Polls showed about a 2% lead for Clinton, denoting a close race. Clinton won the popular vote by about 1%, a figure well within the margin of error.

The pollsters and statisticians were validated.

Nah, we just write allot of stuff down in a language that seems verry impressive.

also:
can you compute the following conditional probability?

[math]p(mememagic\in\mathbb{R} | Trump = POTUS )[/math]

Why would the democrats sabotage polls to give their base a false sense of security.
I think dawkins was right; people were afraid to admit to pollsters that they supported trump because of the embarassing shit he does.

Looks like someone's jellymad because they're too much of a brainlet to be a quant

Indeed I was.

The probability of mememagic being a real number given that trump is POTUS? I'd say 1.

good one

>stats is imperfect so it is not scientific
has /pol/ invaded this board TOO?

Biggest problem is people using perverted statistics to make shit up. Think business people and data scientists.

Sure OP, keep telling yourself that

Meanwhile i make real money (160k/yr) with a Bachelor's degree and have a beautiful blonde wife, you still keep memeing on with "muh pure math" on a American Imageboard of meems and only making 50k/yr with a PhD and teaching elementary asshole kids how to add and subtract

>image.jpg
Anyway i hope this is b8 and it's just to make a civil war of nerds
Here's your (you)