Poorfag here, nearly broke and won't have money for a couple weeks...

Poorfag here, nearly broke and won't have money for a couple weeks. What can I possibly eat to keep me sustained for $20 over a two week period. I've already got plenty of brown rice and pasta sitting in the cupboard.

Other urls found in this thread:

grouprecipes.com/73215/arroz-de-tomate-e-feijao---rice-with-tomato-and-beans.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

beans beans beans

Is the rice and chicken enough to eat for two weeks?

I'd buy $10 of chicken breasts, $2 of gravy mix, and have a ton of rice and chicken and pasta and chicken and use the rest to buy dried red beans and have red beans and rice

Rice and beans. My go-to recipe for a cheap, healthy and filling meal:

grouprecipes.com/73215/arroz-de-tomate-e-feijao---rice-with-tomato-and-beans.html

$1 or less cans of chili with or without beans and just add some pepper or cayenne

Ravioli Ravioli

2 ramen cups a day

Ramen has negative nutritional value you dumb fuck

With a single vitamin tablet

2 minute noodles

Rice, beans, brocolli or spinach, some eggs is healthy as fuck and will provide your nutritional needs.

Not OP but that's a pretty weak list of foods IMO

Where are you from? As if we can help with local prices when you dont say.
Your rice and pasta cover the carbs well enough. A sack of potatoes is always a good buy. You need protein and fiber. Get the cheapest chicken and pork, usually drumsticks and thighs, and whatever pork cuts on sale. If money is critical, you're going without beef and fish. You need some fruit and vegetable, so use local knowledge to buy whats cheap in season.

Bitch you best start growing your own food if you can't afford only the dankest organic chicken tendies

Go to a fucking food bank.
No, you are NOT better than that.

Australia

spinach expensive af in my town

With rice, corn and beans, I was able to live with ~3,50€/week (bought in massive bulk) for quite some long time (about 2 1/2 years).

Oats and water for breakfast.

Plain bread with butter for lunch.

Egg fried rice with soy sauce and some chicken breast.

Salt, pepper are the only seasoning to buy.

Chicken breast will be the most expensive but buying from Iceland (UK) for example, will net you 1.5kg for £5 which is pretty good.

god id love to fuck her

ignore what everyone said because it's probably retarded. your best bet is oats, rice, beans, or eggs. that is it. there is nothing else worth considering. buy 60 eggs from BJs for $5, buy two of those massive containers of quick oats for $5, spend $6 on 2 gallons of milk, buy some bananas to flavor your oats with ($0.69/lb), and spend the rest of your money on hot sauce and maybe more eggs

If you have brown rice and pasta already that is a big help. Buy some cheap pasta sauce, chicken breasts, cheap ground beef, cheap ass vegetables (usually you can find them in the china town markets), bread, eggs. Also depending where you live you can sometimes find some cheap fish like sole for a couple bucks. If you're really desperate go to the bulk section in any super market and just eat some nuts, dried fruit, chocolate almonds, pretzels, whatever. The fuck are they going to do? Worst thing is kick you out of the store but more likely just say "sir you can't sample that." Fuck em. Go to Whole Foods and eat when nobody's looking boy, fuck em

It's less about "Can I eat cheaply?" because that question is obviously yes.
As others have said you can quite easily live off Rice/Pasta and other cheap dishes, the question is "Can I eat cheaply and cook meals that don't make me want to kill myself?"

It depends on what's to your tastes, but if you're ok with not having a whole lot of fresh stuff, you can buy:
A kilo of frozen chicken for ~$5. Sure the texture won't be great once cooked and it'll be rather dry, but you can still eat it perfectly fine and if it's in a sauce you shouldn't really have too much trouble with palatability.
Several tins of Tomatoes. Very versatile base and can make a range of dishes with just tomatoes and spices as the sauce. Stuff like Cumin and Paprika for Mexican, Dried herbs like Oregano and Basil for Mediterranean cuisine etc.

Make sure to cook enough for leftovers the next day. You want some for breakfast and some for lunch, because otherwise you can burn up your budget surprisingly fast.
>Cereal's cheap, why not eat cereal?
Unless you fancy eating cereal dry, milk is very expensive and doesn't last long. If you really want something different for breakfast, hardboiled eggs are an ok option.

Oh FFS. We're talking AUD? Yeah. Dry beans and your rice. Get some bacon to flavor it. Lentils are another good buy. Where at in Aus? If you're in Sydney I've seen Chinese people fishing out of the river in Parramatta frequently. Dumpster dive?

Rice, beans and whatever vegetables are the cheapest where you live. If you have left over from that then chicken thighs are probably the cheapest protein.

>not eating vegetables

Enjoy your vitamin deficiencies

Just get a bladder of goon and $0.49 cans of beans and a few $0.75 loaves of bread from Coles. Maybe even some soft drink if you're feeling fancy.

Buy broccoli, about $1.30 for a big meal over here. Get milk, butter and macaroni, insert broccoli.

upvoted

>no veggies
>most expensive cut of chicken
>i am actually retarded

oats, rice, beans, cabbage

also drink tap water. its not as bad as it sounds. you'll adapt

>he fell for the micronutrient meme

Buy rice, beans, and maybe the cheapest edible meat available (depending on price).
Also buy a bulk bag of shit frozen vegetables and ramen.
That should be enough variety and nutrition for you to live.

POTATOES
O
T
A
T
O
E
S

Chicken thighs/legs. Rice.

theoretically one could live off of beer.

I have been eating
Cornmeal tortillas, potatoes, eggs, beans, rice, and water for years i also only eat 2 meals at day.
I think you can survive user.

flour.