Guys what is a nice and easy dish to make if you've never cooked before

Guys what is a nice and easy dish to make if you've never cooked before.

It should have meat and be savoury but nothing too expensive like steak.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NshiJSNBWNs
youtu.be/Jf75I9LKhvg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bacon and eggs.

chicken stew.

Something slightly less basic perhaps?

It's for dinner for three people.

Bacon and egg pie

Chicken curry and rice.

I'm not too fond of bacon actually, it's a bit of a meme if you ask me.

Chicken pot pie

That sounds pretty good, do you have a favourite recipe?

Start really simple.
Fry some hamburgers. Or brown ground beef and make a pasta meat sauce. Breakfast is also a good place to start. Eggs, sausage links, toast. Or get some chicken pieces, spice them up, and roast in an oven.
If you're really that new to cooking, begin with boxed meals like "hamburger helper" or similar, where you can follow boxed directions.

Beef would be easier. You probably don't want to fuck up serving raw chicken if you never cook. Well, I suppose you can cook it longer than necessary to be sure.

Yeah, after looking at curry recipes I think I'll start easier.

Ground beef sounds great, got any nice recipes for a pasta sauce or something else that is simple?

Something mild and easy like a Tikka masala or korma would probably be good. People are scared of curry but it's no more difficult than making a ragu honestly. My other suggestions would be a tray bake where you throw some chicken thighs, red onion, chorizo, sliced potato, peppers and herbs in a tray and just let the thing cook itself.

Also make some little snacks like bruschetta or something for when they arrive

youtu.be/NshiJSNBWNs

You should know how to cook rice, but if you don't, Gordon Ramsay's video is pretty good:
youtu.be/Jf75I9LKhvg

Make meatballs

Thanks, I think I'll start with ragu though.

These will be next on my list if I manage to not burn this house down.

Chicharrones y huevos

You sound a bit retarded, so just do this:
Plop about a pound of ground beef in a skillet
Cook and stir into crumbles until browned
Dump in a jar of premade tomato sauce
Simmer on low while you boil pasta
Drain pasta and top with the sauce
Need more? Garlic bread.
Need veg? Heat some frozen "what you like" in a pan with salt and butter
There you go, a presentable meal that even you can do

>bacon
>a meme
kys

Might as well just eat butter faggot

Such shit tastes. Amazing.

I'd say drain the pasta and then drop it in the pan with the sauce, but otherwise it's a good cooking 101 dish.

Easy as fuck starter/snack for when people arrive, get some ready made pufd pastry (block or sheet) roll it out, cut it into equal strips and sprinkle paprika all over. Grate on parmesan and another cheese if you like and then twist and stick in the oven till brown. People fucking love them and they take 10 minutes. Plus you can prepare them in advance and just pop them in the oven when/slightly before people arrive.

what did you end up doing, user?

It's not going to impress anyone, but if it's just for you I'd recommend this.

Get some decent ground beef like ground round 1 pound. Fry it up in the pan with some butter. Pour a can of baked beans over the cooked meat, add some chili sauce.

Make mashed potatoes by cutting some up and boiling the chunks for 15-20 minutes. Strain the chunks, and then mash with milk and butter.

Eat both of these things together, preferably with another green vegetable if you can.

When I was living alone in college I would do that once a week, or once every couple of weeks.

Fish Cakes.

Chili Con Carne might not be a bad idea, easy as heck and hard to screw up if you follow a recipe.
Could serve with rice or get all fancy, up to you senpai.

>Dump in a jar of premade tomato sauce
Ughhhh

Tomato paste, stir in water thoroughly to desired thickness, add equal parts salt and sugar until it stops tasting fruity (start with 2 tablespoons) add garlic and your choice of herbs to taste (oregano/basil for me)

>Dosent tell you to cook pasta till right before AL dente then drain and mix in sauce

>Dosent bring up using 1/4 a cup of the used pasta water to flavor up and thicken the sauce

Dude what?

OP, make a savory mince beef/ stew with curry powder, lots of vegetables.