How do you get As in math courses, Veeky Forums? I've never done it in my life

How do you get As in math courses, Veeky Forums? I've never done it in my life.

depends on the grading scheme

but math is one of the easiest subjects to get full homework grades in (exams are obviously a different story):
start early (literally just spend like 15 minutes on each question as soon as you get them to get a feel for them)
once there's 2-3 days before the assignment is due, whatever you're still confused on try to get some sort of help with (from classmates/professor)
once its the day before its due start frantically asking around (again classmates, professor, google, Veeky Forums, stackexchange...)

>Math courses
Just have a 100+ IQ and put some fucking effort in.
Also, grow out of studying liberal arts like literature, history, sociology=psychology, etc.

Fuck, forgot to mention. Statistics is dead as a field thanks to the Brexit and US election results, but you'll find it easier and maybe more useful than calculus if you really have doubts about your mathematical abilities.

What about accounting?

>15 minutes for a feel
On that note, is it bad that I spend 2 hours on homework for a single course like calc 1?

calc1 was a pain. calc2 was a pain.

calc 3 is a different pain.

You'll spend as much time as you need to get the shit.

consider your resources available.

Just become a Fachidiot

>Also, grow out of studying liberal arts like literature, history, sociology=psychology, etc.
What did you mean by this?

stop letting insufferable people form your opinion on things

this has nothing to do with math. you have people like Russell that made contributions to math and he was more or less a le ebin sjw

>doubled majored in chem and math
>chem GPA about 3.0 because half the major is weedout courses with curves artificilly high
>math GPA about 3.7 because profs are much more chill, except calc 1/2
>worked 10 times harder for chem than math

>butanic acid
explain pic OP

>failing calc 1 first semester because the grade is based off 4 exams and a final, and I've already fucked two exams from test anxiety
>lost will to even come to the class since it is now impossible for me to pass, and I'm having to register for it again next semester
>EE major of all things, and that math class is the starting prerequisite for the rest of my degree related classes except CS

How much of a fucking failure am I?

>Calc
Isn't that a high-school subject?

Just always be a week ahead in reading so you can know what areas you need to focus your time on studying more thoroughly

Americans don't learn math until university

Statistics isn't dead. Those people just don't know how to conduct polls and probably use the wrong tests.

I honestly don't know if this meme recycling or not but I believe trig was the highest you HAD to know to graduate high school where I went

Here in Europe trigonometry is baby shit. Everybody can do it and is expected to do it just like arithmetic

First I just imagine the question, then set the question equal to the answer

practice until you can do a certain type of problem in a timely manner
if you can do the simpler problems fast enough, you will have enough time to answer the unique problems that youve never done before that profs and teachers love to throw on tests