He fellow bookworms, is The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo worth picking up?

He fellow bookworms, is The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo worth picking up?

I've not read it but if it has anything to do with Amy Schumer, no, definitely not

hahaha
my vagina!!!!!!!!

Okay, Thanks..

it's written by a comedian so it's only worth picking up if you plan on setting it down in a trash bin

same with books written by:

>youtubers/bloggers/internet famous people
>self help "professionals"
>pop scientists
>shitty musicians

in general if it has a pretty picture of the author's face on the front you shouldn't buy it

I am America and So Can You was worth reading for free without ever leaving the book store

I'm struggling to think of a female standup comedian that's ever made me laugh

In movies and occasionally in television I suppose it's different but yeah standup, as shit as it consistently is with a few exceptions, is even more across the board terrible when it comes to women

So I shouldn't read John Green's The Fault in Our Stars?

I've heard a couple at local stand-up acts, but there's apparently no room for women who don't make ONLY female-centric jokes in the comedy right now.

exactly

>it's written by a comedian so it's only worth picking up if you plan on setting it down in a trash bin
Patton Oswalt is the exception to this rule.

Lmao this!

It's not pol to assume that the slimy bitch probably wrote about how she's being fat shamed, while making fun of her body, and being slut shamed while making fun of her own being a slut.

It's as though she wants to guilt society into thinking she's a social paragon and her body is ideal.

Maybe she had a point when she was ripping on fags who talked about females in position being only worth their fuckablity, but now she wants to be offhand mentioned as pretty cute like Tina Fey or something and its pathetic.

truuuuuuuuu

Anyone else oddly attracted to Amy Schumer? I'd love to feel her doughy ass bouncing against my balls

I'm typically a monogamist but the fantasy of hooking up with a mediocre girl like Schumer or Lena Dunham just for the pussy gets me diamond hard

My gf is pretty Veeky Forums and was joking about getting it for me

You can tell from the cover its guaranteed shit.

I like at Kathleen Madigan, though shes kind of dad tier, kind of a female Ron White. Maria Bamford is good.

Sarah Silverman is the goat

Patton Oswalt wrote a book?

Local female comedians can be funny.I've seen a few at some bars. Big time female comedians are shitty because they are picked soley due to their humor that panders to shit tier people

He's written 2. Zombie Spaceship Wasteland is legitimately good. Haven't read his second one but I know it's about movies, but his taste in films has always struck me as really Reddit, but I could be wrong.

Oh boy, another thinly-veiled "book" thread for the /pol/ crossposters to shitpost about women.

I don't hate women. I just feel a majority of them are shitty. There are exceptions.

aren't all local comics shit...and yes there's only new comics and stadium comics...not tons of women who are inbetween and funny...

I bet your ideal woman is an Asian schoolgirl who plays video games and watches anime and thinks feminism is bad

Yeah I would fuck Amy six ways from Sunday if I had the chance. I also had this really disturbing fantasy the other night where I was living in the 1950s and Lena Dunham and I traveled around the country coercing innocent girls into having BDSM sex with us and filming it.

It was a AAA quality fap, but Lena Dunham. . . that ain't right. I think I need to go see a therapist again.

No.

I know what you mean. Dunham's literally not attractive in any way whatsoever but I wanna plow her anyway, Schumer is at least kind of cute in some pictures. I wish I was the kind of guy who is able to just hump and dump girls, I think that's the underlying reason for my fetish.

Nobody did that fuck off

This is why I perfer Amy Phoeler or even Mindy Kaling to Tina Fey/Dunham?Schumer...like at least half of the last three's comedy is based on ugh aren't I a fat slut/loser self-depreciation that I don't think is even coming from a genuine place most of the time...and Tina Fey is pretty and thin and has been for at least 15 years! Like...how is seeing a thin/attractive women call herself disgusting when there's no other joke there feminist empowerment that they get over praised for and then that's seen as the only jokes women are good at making or whatever.

Tina Fey has done plenty of great comedy work, and very little of it is self depricating. She is very liberal and feminist though and has shoehorned her beliefs into comedy as if they are factual though.

this made no sense rereading...but basically I wish more women comedians/comedy writers who's core of their act isn't shitting on their looks/"femaleness" were more popular
Tina is by far the most talented of the three I named and I like 30 rock a lot, but like her (character) calling herself disgusting for weighing 120 pounds gets a bit rough (literally a line on the show), and her weird race stuff, weird not-like-other-girls stuff- like she's talented but has the sensibilities of an uptight suburban mom who doesn't want her 20 year old daughter wearing booty shorts

>shoehorned her beliefs into comedy as if they are factual though.
This is what's known as "having an opinion."

I thought /pol/ was pretty white knight-ish and /r9k/ are the one's who really hate women.

/pol/ is the edgy kid in highschool who had a weird haircut and drew swastikas on his desk

/r9k/ is his retarded brother who he occasionally checks in on

/pol/ and /r9k/ are basically the same hateful neckbeards, except /pol/ blames their problems on jews and liberals, and /r9k/ blames themselves or normies.
Either way they both hate women

Joan Rivers is pretty funny. She was the only one though. As soon as women start talking about their periods and how they fucked some guy I'm out, I don't care about those things and they're always connected to some drawn out story that is drawn out trash.

I think women in stand-up are in there infancy phase and one they're done talking about they're vaginas they will have to be interesting and find they're voice as an individual. I'm sure some of them are out there but I know of no reason to hunt for them when there are plenty of great male comedians on the surface.

>women make jokes aimed at women
>i am a man who can't spell 'their' who is not the target audience of those jokes
>therefore women aren't funny

You're not the alpha and the omega, user

No but it seems silly to me that they basically make comedy for women and men are expected to think it's so funny.

But there's comedy aimed squarely men which women find unfunny? Look at Jim Jefferies, it's all just hurr durr me mates let's get fucked gimme a beer

mumblecore era Lena Dunham was absolute qt-tier

Yikes

Ya I don't really like all that macho stuff much myself but the difference is that women are not expected to like it at all. Where if you told slot of fans of Amy Schumer you didn't think she was funny they would basically write you off.

And whoever told you that you're supposed to like Amy Schumer? Last time I checked no-one cares what you like or not

user, you've built your house out of strawmen and got too comfortable in it

Maybe you've got a point.

No he isn't you fucking tit

Oh i thought that was megan trainer for a second there. Anyways both are big boned blonde women that are only funny when on my dick.
As for the book, pick it up and pretend read on the bus for some tumblrina fook. Otherwise just ignore stuff like that, they're just out there indirectly making money off their vaginas.

Shit story with predictable turns of events and faux philosophy. Never touch TFiOS.

>hating one woman in particular means you hate all women

No, just fuck Amy Schumer.

Yes he is. Read his book. Its not just an extension of his stage material or an account of his career. Hes far and away the best celebrity who put out a book.

And I would bet my own scrotum that hes a better writer than you are.

I remember listening to Schumer on O&A a few times and they always treated her with the kid gloves. She was clearly a fucking hole, and a hacky MUH VAGINA LOL PERIOD TAMPONS comedian to boot. I never understood why they went so
easy on her back then, though I do now.

If you ever feel annoyed by Schumer's fame, you can definitely take solace in the fact that she is universally hated by the very unique comedian community and she knows it. She knows she's seen as a careerist psychopath and a horrible piece of shit and the subject of brutal jokes whenever she leaves a room, from the people she spent 20+ years working with and considering her milieu. Very tight knit community. She's probably miserable as hell.

Too bad Bonnie didn't get famous. She's so funny she probably has an actual cock.

Why do I keep seeing Amy Schumer fucking everywhere, like especially in the past few weeks?

I mean I've never watched her, but everytime I see her what I gather is that it's just "OBSCENE SHIT! FROM A WOMAN!!" Why is she so fucking artificially relevant all of a sudden?

The way being a comedian works is that you spend 400 years being a nobody and wondering whether you should quit, constantly trying to get a successful pilot or a major writing gig and starring in bit roles in C-grade comedy movies, while watching 1 or 2 of your friends per decade get massively successful and do a dozen HBO specials and get their own shows and movies, hoping every day that the latter will happen to you before you kill yourself because your only other career option now is to work at Arby's.

Schumer is one of the 1 or 2 that got "successful." That can go one of two ways: Either you are genuinely ridiculously talented like Louis CK (who nevertheless spent 20 years languishing as a mediocre schmuck and being one of eighteen writers on sorta-kinda-OK comedy shows), or you are marketable as a "brand" despite being mediocre.

Schumer is marketable as a brand. Someone decided it was profitable to have a flamboyant sloppy degenerate fat chick talking about her cunt and how she's a whore. Schumer was somehow the likeliest candidate of about fifty identical broads all doing the same shit. She fit their prefab model the best. So they picked her.

Louis CK is an artist, Schumer is a brand. They will put her in everything that needs something from that particular brand. She's the stock "sloppy whore who is proud of it" model. You'll see her absolutely everywhere for a few years, until she's too old to pull it off or some computer projection says she's no longer profitable to push in every format, and then you'll see virtually none of her, because her handlers and sponsors will drop her. She'll revert to being a nobody, lingering around Hollywood and trying to get bit roles based on her faded fame.

Welcome to capitalism!

It's the same for the black comic brand. It was Eddie Murphy, then Chappelle until he realized what he's done, and now its Kevin hart.

>the very unique comedian community
sounds like a cool group of people

I would very much enjoy taking her from behind. Yes, this desire was influenced by seeing the book cover.

>ridiculously talented like Louis CK
If you're gonna be elitist at least have good taste.

yeah, no shit. lou cuck is no genius.

You would need a forklift to pick her up

Come on, it has happened to me (talking about Broad City though), it's extremely likely that people will write you out as a misogynist or whatever for not lucking fucking Amy Schumer

hahahaha yeah you should definitely read it

Are you a 14-year-old girl?

No, I'm not into cuckolding.

It's better than most YA lit honestly, read when I was 15 as a school assignment. I'm ashamed to say I liked it then

hell yeah where do I get one of those

this is true.

You dont know what that word means stop using it

Idk whats with the wanting a girl who watches anime and plays vidya meme. Most likely she'll just be fat. I understand the asian meme cuz they are not pigs like american women. but people who play video games over the age of 15 are retarded desu.

god no

Maria Bamford is solid, a lot of her stuff is about coping with mental illness and crippling self-doubt

>Video games makes you retarded
>Said on Veeky Forums.

At least with video games you only annoy people with your retardation for as long as the match.

With threads like these, anyone who reads through will be victim to your mental defecation.

Oh my God, she's a WOMAN and she said something VULGAR!

Can you believe it! Someone stop this absolute mad woman! HUSBANDS GONNA FREAK!

I agree, I thought Tiny Furniture was a great debut movie, but then HBO handed her a million dollars and she churned out shit. The problem isn't Dunham per se, the problem is that she skipped the journeyman phase of learning how to be an artist and went from the bottom of the heap all the way to the top too quickly. All good artists have spent years honing their craft before they hit the big leagues (and then a few of them turn out not only to be good but actually to be great.) Neither we nor Dunham will ever know her potential because she was thrust into the spotlight too quickly.

This is a general problem with artists today, by the way, and both Nietzsche and Kierkegaard were complaining about the exploitation of prodigies as far back as the 19th century.

>Lower Back Tattoo
In days of yore we'd call it "Tramp Stamp".

>Sarah Silverman is the goat
Literally copy yourself into multiple individuals and lynch yourself.

You know, you are usually supposed to reserve the kill yourself comments for when someone is being a terrible person, not when they have a different opinion.

I have had a strong desire to sodomize her fat ass, yes. But hell, I often find her funny, too. Not sure why every man is supposed to hate her so much: when we don't like a male comedian, we just ignore his existence, we don't bitch about him at every chance. Well, except Tom Green. I mean, Jesus.

>"celebrity" book
>not ghostwritten by some miserable hack
Do you believe in the tooth fairy too?

Kristen Schaal.

>In movies and occasionally in television I suppose it's different
that's because they're written by males

>Maria Bamford
Yes definitely, she doesn't get mentioned nearly enough

Fairly accurate but while /pol/ is fat neckbeards /r9k/ trends towards lanky spooky skeletons

also judd apatow inserted his bullshit into her work
also lena can only write about herself and can only get so much material out of going to oberlin and not being successful for like a two year period between graduating and tiny furniture (which is why she barely writes the episodes anymore)

i've laughed at her comedy before and I think she is attractive. I'd fuck and cuddle her.

Just not a fan of most of her work or her politics.

having an opinion isn't wrong, but when the purpose of your show is to make people laugh, getting super serious about any topic can be rather jarring.

Chelsea Peretti

fuck yeah

You're all obsessed with your cook and you give women shit.

>lynch yourself
But what if I'm not a nigger?

Great thread op

Whitney Cummings is quite good. Phoebe Waller-Bridge writes for TV and is great, I haven't seen her stand-up though.

Not him but watch Horace and Pete's

>Ramsay then slaughtered the smiling lamb.

>all these posters in this thread who want to fuck amy schumer
literally human miss piggy

I miss piggy to sit on my face

I fucked that up somehow.
I meant I want miss piggy to sit on my face

She's mocking one of the most pro-feminism articles of fiction in the 21st century in the title, depending on the content of the story... not sure if mad.

I miss piggy sitting on my face

is it really mocking though?