Oooh so scary I cant even even put into words

>oooh so scary I cant even even put into words

He is a hack and the entire genre he invented is a phony.

Cool review, holden.

So uh. What have you contributed to literature OP?

I don't know how it's even debatable. He makes Steven King sound like a Demigod.

Fear is created in the mind nimwit

>It was large and black, but not like a negro.

>Six feet end to end, three and five-tenths feet central diameter, tapering to one foot at each end. Like a barrel with five bulging ridges in place of staves. Lateral breakages, as of thinnish stalks, are at equator in middle of these ridges. In furrows between ridges are curious growths – combs or wings that fold up and spread out like fans. . . which gives almost seven-foot wing spread. Arrangement reminds one of certain monsters of primal myth, especially fabled Elder Things in the Necronomicon.

Yeah look at him not describing things

I liked The Rats in the Walls.

My panties are moist

That's just the eldritch ectoplasm. Lovecraft rocks the Stygian bed.

Not a day on this board without some lowlife calling another acclaimed writer a hack, his/her arguments being a single line of greentext that is not even a direct quote.

Oh God, this bookshelf makes me cream.

Someone strap me to pic related before I pull it off

too bad eldritch tales and conans brethren are out of print and expensive as fug.

Is tarzan a good read?

That edition has the first six Tarzan novels, and the they can be fun, but after #2 you realize the insane deus ex machina involved is just surreal. Every ship going anywhere near Africa goes down and every lost or marooned person ends up finding the Graystoke treehouse. You'd think the entire Atlantic coast of the continent was about 3 miles long. Burroughs is fun pulp, but he's a century old, so John Carter, Tarzan, Carson of Venus, Pellucidar, etc., has every cliche known to mankind in their stories, because he invented half of them. Still, it's like reading Conan: half the fun is seeing the alpha males deal with problems in awesome fashion.

someone post "greasy monkeys" and "called it a nigger"

has "On the Creation of Niggers" been published in any of his omnibuses?

Yes. I have The Ancient Track: The Complete Poetical Works of H.P. Lovecraft, and it includes everything (most of it terrible), even fragments, Xmas cards, collaborations, everything--even that doggerel.

Lovecraft's stuff is pretty shallow and boring, many modern writers have taken the whole cosmic horror thing and made some decent stuff though.

I always recommend Laird Barron.

Jesus my dude that shelf is so good it makes me wanna read some horror pulp

I swear this is a meme made by people who've never read him, as everything I've read so far is packed with really detailed descriptions

Never expect anyone who shits on writers in such a manner to have actually read them

>eldritch tales

just get the paperback

> you will never live in the 1920-1950:s and buy Weird Tales or Astounding Stories magazines filled with HPL,Clark Ashton Smith or Robert E Howard classics

Nice metapost faggot

shoo niggerman

>classics

nice argument, faggot

Except he was describing creatures in his novels in a really detailed way. Did you even read them?

>lovecraft
>acclaimed

(You)

I'll admit, I do feel to a degree it is a cop out when he writes that something is "Too horrible to imagine" but he also said "The oldest and strongest emotion is fear. The oldest and strongest fear is fear of the unknown." Even with that, it shouldn't take away from his descriptions of the environment and the atmosphere he builds.

Currently reading through the Knickerbocker collection of all his fiction and have just reached The Call of Cthulhu and I've enjoyed it to no end. Some of my favourites include, Dagon, Beyond the Wall of Sleep, The Terrible Old Man, Herbert West - Reanimator and many others.

No matter what is said, he is definitely not a hack.