Hey Veeky Forums you got any dumpster diving tips? Danke

Hey Veeky Forums you got any dumpster diving tips? Danke

Here's a tip: get a job and stop eating out of rubbish bins you homeless nigger

the fuck you mean tips, you're stealing other people trash, it's not rocket science. fucking raccoons and rats are world champion dumpster divers and they don't even know how to read or open cans

True roman bread bread, for true Romans.

Grocery stores throw away a ton of perfectly edible, sealed food every day. Check out the dumpsters behind them.

Bring a gun, knife, can of spray paint, and your crayons.

Let me guess, Floridian who works at a grocery store and wants to get in on all that trash.

Check behind grocery stores in NICE neighborhoods. Krispy Kreme throws out a ton of old doughnuts.

From Florida Australia or Russia. Only places with sick enough cunts to dumpster dive.

This. Also, restaurants. There's always some fucking cook smoking a joint behind the restaurant, and if you're not an asshole, and don't come on as a dickhead that wants more than to rifle through the dumpster, they're not going to care. They might smirk at you, but they're a fucking cook - who gives a shit? It probably helps to be white or Mexican. I have a feeling blacks would not fair so well.

You just have to be sensible about your behavior.

Oh, and another thing. If you're white and can dress in a sweatsuit you can take a train to a not really well to do area, but more like petit bourgeoise and act like you're just jogging. Those fuckers throw some very pawnable material away. I've collected $200.00 worth of shit from their trash cans in 2 hours

>$200.00 worth of shit

user it was garbage. it has no value.

I occasionally eat out of the trash behind the local chinese food place, they just throw the shit out and it's perfectly fine. I used to be anxious abot being seen doing it, which game me an almost sexuol thrill abot being a slob bum degenerate eating garbage out of the trash, and i would go grab a few bags at night and throw them in the back of my truck and drive home and pig out on trash, and nom nom all night like a hog, then one night I walked over there and crawled IN THE DUMPSTER and just pigged out like a deadbeat slob bum degenerate trashbag, and conked out and woke up to some chink throwing bags of shit on me, he saw me and didn't even say anything, just threw the shit on me and slammed the lid. They really don't give a shit as long as you don't make a scene.

I pawned it for $200.00. To you, garbage, petit bourgeoise. To moi, and the pawnshops, profit. Now, go throw away some other shit you bought that you never used because your favorite celebrity endorsed it on facebook.

Throwaway America, everybody! Don't worry, some of us profit from it like good 'ol god fearing, Mammon worshiping 'murricans.

Trash in NICE neighborhoods: Whole roasted chickens, kale salads(mildly touched), fruit smoothies

Trash in BAD neighborhoods: bones and scraps of flesh, mostly consumed jars of pickled eggplant, beer cans used as ash trays

You sold food to a pawnshop? Or you sold trash to someone for $200.00?

>pigged out like a deadbeat slob bum

As a dumpster diver who posted above, I would like to believe your post was real. But I seriously suspect not. I've not met any dumpster divers who would refer to themselves in that manner, unless they had a mental illness. I hope you're just a troll.

>I've not met any dumpster divers who would refer to themselves in that manner, unless they had a mental illness.
so most of them?

It was a big score. They must have been moving, or getting divorced because there was a huge pile on the sidewalk. It was a high quality blender, barely used, a set of cutlery, not silver, but decent, and a leaf blower. But often enough, you can find lesser valued items that are pawnable.

Thats not even dumpster diving. Thats just sidewalk snatching.

>so most dumpster divers are mentally ill

Explain to me, please, why someone who can use discarded items for sustenance or profit should be automatically classified as mentally ill. Are you sure the people throwing valuable shit away aren't the mentally ill?

>sidewalk snatching

Federal courts hae ruled that items placed on the sidewalk for disposal are public domain. A number of court cases have been decided on that basis because the govt collected evidence from trashcans.

"Snatching" is not the appropriate word. Too many wrongful connotations. "Collecting" is much more accurate.

Fair enough, snatching does sort of imply that the items are being stolen.

What do you think about the term "dumpster diving", then? Okay or no?

I think it's fine. I refer to myself as a dumpster diver. "Diver" sort of implies going headfirst, but it's really more humorous than negative, because no one does that whether they're mentally ill or not.

Bring gloves and a headlamp with you.

sorry for talking about dumpster ppl that way. it's real. im pretty fugged up. i apologize.

Have a fucking ounce of self respect, get a job, and buy/grow your food like a human. Knock off the "freegan" bullshit.

>Being a wage slave when you can live out of dumpsters
LOL

>not doing both
LOL

I've seen whole bed sets. Box spring, mattress and memory foam tops thrown out because of a tear. Biglots is terrible for throwing out perfectly good furniture.

This is best. It becomes an interesting and fulfilling hobby while significantly supplementing a regular income. There's an entire school of sociology that draws valid conclusions about societies based on analyzing their garbarge. It also gives you a sense of security knowing you'll be able to live quite well if things get tough through unforseen circumstances, even in a large metro area.

tfw i fantisize abot being unemployed and living in a tent in the woods behind hardees living off of mayonnaise packets and half eaten burgers out of the dumpster while i doo doo in a hole and wipe my butt with a pine cone

I think we would get along great

I get along with most everyone except the sturmdrumpfer /pol/fags. But, yeah, you apparently have gathered the edible bounty and pawnable stuff thrown away everyday. It's just like foraging for wild food if you live in the country. They have to put up with mosquitoes and flies, we have to put up with mosquitoes and flies. The only difference is we have to be wary of the mentally ill and dangerous things like syringes. Although the wildfood foragers have to be concerned about poisinous snakebite, which is a dangerous syringe in itself.

get a job and stop eating trash like a rat because "muh freegan"