Just read this. Was it good?

Just read this. Was it good?

y'see, that's the thing about reading

you're supposed to find out for yourself

This. Do people on Veeky Forums really have no opinions of their own?

you guys, it's a hilarious meme, don't you understand?
the op is satirically skewering the traditional groupthing of this site, drawing attention to the way we tend to assume the opinions of others as our own, whilst also hoping to start an irreverent but possibly fruitful conversation about the book in question they've just read

Got into a big argument with my professor about this. Is the title pronounced "Vee" or "Five." It's five, right?

op here, this is not what i meant at all

>op here
>5 / 0 / 6 / 1
lmao ok

look kid i said 'groupthing' i'm clearly drunk here, throw me a bone

great start to the college football season.
lots of great games today
drunk af

Real OP here, this isn't me
"Vee", stupid. Did you even read it?

heh, check again kid

Fuck you nigger! Did you read it?

Okay buddy. Why would it be five?

The roman numeral for five is "V" you fucking retard. If you had even a high school education you would know that.

That has nothing to do with anything in the book though

Yeah good point. I still think "five" just sounds better though.

suicide

no.

This desu
Thanks

I thought the author confirmed in an interview that it was "five," right? Are there people who literally still call it "Vee" like the letter?

I just finished this a few weeks ago. I think I'm shit at analyzing literature, so it would be nice if we had an in depth discussion about the book. I'd say the main theme is the animate vs inanimate. Agree? What other prominent themes did you find? Favorite parts? I'm off to see Don't Breathe, but I hope this doesn't turn out to be a terrible thread.

Source?

Unfortunately, I couldn't really get in to Five Period, ah well.

Um, it's not my responsibility to spoon feed you, sorry.

Not who you replied to but lol well then you're argument is unfounded and I'm going to assume you just made that bullshit up. Personally I've heard otherwise. Also why would a roman numeral have a full stop glyph added onto it?

It's literally "Fifth Period". like, in school. It's a reference to Pynchon's musings during his English class at Fifth Period, he wrote this book as an ode to his immaturity and boredom of the time, the object subject split is a red herring.

it's a decimal point. Like 5.0
but in roman there is no zero, so it's written V.

>pynchon
>interview
nice try bucko

If the OP posts in his thread it counts as a different poster. The counters does not take into account the OP.