Where does your country source it's supplies of garlic?

Where does your country source it's supplies of garlic?
In Australia we do grow it but it only seems to be available a few months a year and is more expensive than imports.

We pretty much have 2 options, the cheap shit from China that's grown in chemicals that are banned and could make you sick, or Spanish garlic. Occasionally we get Mexican garlic here too but not too often.

I know California grows a lot of garlic for America but what about other cunts, where does yours come from?

This is the reason btw, it looks like everyone was buying the Chinese shit for many years until they realised how bad it was and went back to demanding a local product.

The Australian Garlic Industry Association (AGIA) is proud to announce the launch of the 2015-2016 garlic season. The Australian Garlic Industry is a re-emerging sector in Australian agriculture. It was all but destroyed in the 90s by the import of cheap Chinese garlic with the majority of farmers either leaving agriculture or moving into other crops. The last five years has seen a resurgence in the number of garlic growers and Australian growers are now producing 17% of our domestic supply.

spanish here, really nice garlics from local store

Plant your own.
I know it takes a while (at least five months from planted, sprouting clove to usable, pungent head of garlic), but it's infinitely renewable, easy to care for and easy to harvest (they're planted just barely under the soil line). It is, perhaps, the easiest veg to harvest and regrow in the world. There is no reason it should be expensive anywhere.
I apologise that this doesn't answer your question, but you really ought to look into growing it yourself if prices are really as bad as you say in Aussieland.

what's wrong with spanish garlic?

Nothing. Who said anything was wrong with it?

They're diabolical.
Imported garlic (not from China) can go for $35+ a kilo.

why even bother with homegown if there's plentiful spanish import?
garlics initial freshness isn't as vital as with most vegetables

Very bad aftertaste. But chinese is worse. French is best.

Is it as easy as just planting a clove and letting it sprout, like with a potato? How resistant are they to extreme cold and strong sunlight?

They do well in my yard in maine. If you forget to pick them. Theyll stay good all winter.

Cool, thanks

I live in Murica, and, contrary to what the passportless flyovers who have never left their tiny meth bubble towns will tell you, it actually depends on where in America you live

In California it's California garlic all the time.

In the Midwest it's Mexican garlic if you're well off, or nasty Chinese garlic that smells like nerve gas and battery acid if you're not. Please note that the Mexican garlic only became a thing in the 90s, hence why Midwesterners are afraid of garlic (average opinion: "why cantcha be a regular normal guy and dip ur pizza stix in ranch instead of eating garlic like a white-guilt coastie cuck"). You have to go to a health food or a specialty ethnic store to get stuff like garlic in most of the Midwest, it's considered to be on the same tier as limes or avocados. And god forbid you try to consume garlic scapes, the heath department might come after you.

On the east coast if you're well off it's local garlic during summer and autumn, and French or California garlic during the rest of the year. The poors eat the Chinese nerve gas garlic much like the poors of the Midwest, except it is considered mainstream. We also have neat stuff like garlic scapes which are considered pretentious in the Midwest.

I haven't spent extensive time in the south except as a tourist and for business, so I can't speak to that, but they don't count anyway.

The only truth in this entire post is that california grows garlic.

What part of it conflicts with your observations?

>the south doesn't count

I'm the first to bitch about the Foibles of Faubus, but I live in Mississippi and grow my own garlic. Here's a pic of half of what we harvested last May for personal use. You want to bitch about the south, do it for legitimate reasons.

>Midwesterners are afraid of garlic

What? If anything we use to much if you ask me, and garlic is very cheap. Really shouldn't talk about stuff you have no idea about.

I love hearing opinions from people who get their information from metro-targeted marketing campaigns. please tell me more about garlic scapes.

garlic salt isn't garlic flyoverfag

heh, flyover

When I get up in the morning I will go to the store and take pictures you libcuck :^)

>my fellow american

O B S E S S E D

I mean garlic not papa johns garlic dippin' sauce (now with more hfcs)

It's not hard to find mate, just grow your own or go to any semi-rural wog suburb, you know the old places where they market gardened before the vietnamese and chinks

Yeah I live just down the road from a few of those places but it's still a bit hit and miss, and if they do have some it's fucking expensive

Mind you anything is better than that chink shit

Buy garlic in the jars it tastes the same or fucking just grow it

Is growing garlic as easy as just planting a clove on some dirt and watering it, like with potatoes?

No, it doesn't taste the same you pleb

Its also not possible for me to grow it all year round here, the weather is no good

Yes but you need the right weather

In the southern US we plant it in late September and harvest in May. You can just buy the bulbs at the supermarket, separate the cloves and plant each clove.

I lived in CA for two years.
90% of Calfags are retarded and leech off the fame of Hollywood and Silicon valley.
California state grads write papers that wouldn't pass my high school 11th grade English class back home.
My city has the population of some of their counties and they'd act like I was the bumpkin when these tards can barely manage basic math or tell you where fucking Iran is, let alone 3/4 of the other nations on earth.

Every grocery store in my home city, and the rest of the metro area, carries garlic, lime and avocados.
We see Mexicans every day, they have whole neighborhoods, even in cities under 50,000.

This shit is why everyone hates Calfags and New Yorkers.

Pic related, just so you Calfags can get it.
Shit is like 75 cents at most.
I usually have lime and avocado in the fridge too but I've been working 70 hours this week.

Why are you care about green fruits so
much?

Holy shit kill yourself

No fucking clue where our garlic comes from.

I live in upstate NY a half hour away from the Canook border so I'm guessing Cali or somewhere in the south. So long as it isn't chinese I dont care.

>everyone hates Calfags and New Yorkers.

Wow, "Everyone" is a lot.
Is that the kind of thing that would pass your 11th grade English class?

>"California state grads write papers that wouldn't pass my high school 11th grade English class back home.

We dont want you anyway

Garlic around here is usually .5 to .75 dollars.

It sounds like you lived in a shitty part of LA or like South SF. Youre a faggot; grow up and learn that things may exist betond what you experienced in all of 2 years here

They're delicious and satisfying.

Either local which is pretty great, strong and fragrant, also expensive as hell to the point some farmers watch over the fields with a shotgun.

Or cheap shitty chinese.

>beyond what you experienced
I lived in San Diego, Oceanside, and Sacramento over 2 and a half years.
I've lived in 4 states, been to 40 states and 6 countries.
My mother's side of the family is from CA.

Almost everyone I've met that had left CA was an asshole with an inflated sense of superiority or psychologically damaged, no matter where they had left to.

The state government is literally run by fools, con-men and activists (which are a combination of the first two).

It's a beautiful state. So it attracts a lot of scum.

Sweden loves Chinese garlic too. Otherwise Spanish.