It's my 19th birthday today my dad handed me a wrapped book and when I opened it he said "you still read harry potter...

It's my 19th birthday today my dad handed me a wrapped book and when I opened it he said "you still read harry potter right?"

Hey, at least he's partially interested in what your hobbies are, and he's also interested enough to give you a present!
Think of it as your personal 'Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge'.

damn did you tell him harry potters for girls and your not a faggot who reads books about a male witch lmao

Yeah that's it he cares enough to get me a gift I had a small chuckle to myself when I opened it.

My parents would get me this as a gift only as a joke. They're already well aware of my opinion on J.K Rowling's writing, even though I love Harry potter.

Getting a gift from your parents is always nice though, regardless of what it is

Be a man, boy, and tell your father to return the pike of shithorse and yell "Harry Pooter is for fags and step on it!" Do you think your wittle father will be offended by an insult to his gift which he didn't friggin' make but just bought at the store? If he did get offended then he'd deserve it anyway: So, don't be a pussy: Go fuck off your father right now.

>It's my 19th birthday today
>19

Opinion fucking discarded.

> last book came out 9 years ago
> after all these years he still remembers

xD

What? You're a little ungreatful twat. I think back to 19 year old me and cringe.

>my dad

post his wife's tits or gtfo

>young adult receives a young adult gift

Nothing wrong with what your dad did. Is it different from your usual young adult reading?

Just read the stupid thing you dumb entitled cunt.

>Do you think your wittle father will be offended by an insult to his gift which he didn't friggin' make but just bought at the store?
There is a kernel of truth in the shit post. Something to reflect on.

This.

/thread

your dad sounds nice user

>Getting a gift from your parents is always nice though, regardless of what it is

That's sweet user

That's nice of him. read it and/or wander into any used book store, plop it down and trade it for something you want. They'll take it, believe me.

Young adult is a meme genre, there's children's books and then there's books that aren't for children. YA acts to arrest development and turn people away from reading things that are actually decent. That having been said, OP is a faggot for complaining about a gift his father got him.
>oh boo hoo my parents care enough about me to buy things woe is me ;_;

that's you senpai

>write a dreadful fanfic
>get it printed with the author's name even though you're a significantly worse writer than she is (and that's saying something)
>get it staged and receive adulation as a result of other people's hard work on production design
>get minted

Jesus Christ and I thought E L James couldn't get away with it for long...truly we live in a new age

Didn't you tell him about Harold Bloom?
Fucking pleb cunt

I'm looking at you NOW and cringing

>Harry Pooter is for fags and step on it