How do I debate the retarded? Is the only way to win not to play?

How do I debate the retarded? Is the only way to win not to play?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YezbREhH_Eg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Art_of_Being_Right
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Unless debating your own kind is interesting, yes.

Hue

Never argue with a fool, in case people can't tell the difference.

>Science & Math
Just kidding!

Whatever happens, always drop the question "Well...What about gravity?", trust me, people get scared of it

train in front of a mirror.

In case you're being serious:
Use the arguments that work on them, even if they don't necessarily work on you.

For example, most pets can be trained to do tricks via selective application of food and headpats.
You probably wouldn't jump for food and would find the idea to be illogical, but animals aren't exactly known for being logical so you've gotta do what you've gotta do.

Incidentally, this advice holds even if your debate partner is not retarded.

Just let them think they know, they are fucking stupid and deserve to be stupid. Trying to explain anything to anyone who is an idiot/retard or whatever is a waste of time. They Just Dont Get It.

You can't debate retards.

But you can use persuasion to control their brains.

youtube.com/watch?v=YezbREhH_Eg
Keep in mind this doesn't work on anonymous image boards.

>Is the only way to win not to play?
Yes. I've started just avoiding arguments entirely if the opposition isn't going to argue factually. Example:
>Group project about whether GMOs should require labeling
>End up arguing with two retard girls in my group
>Every single thing they said was prefaced with "I feel" or "I think" blah blah consumer choice (consumers are idiots and don't know anything about anything, t. marketingfag)
>Eventually I got tired of their shit and told them I'm not talking to them unless they provide actual arguments
>"YEAH WELL YOU'RE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION AND I AM MINE BUT YOU'RE NOT LETTING ME HAVE AN OPINION"
>Opinions are apparently relevant in a debate, now
A shitstorm followed this, professor just separated me from the group to shut them the fuck up, I did my own presentation (featuring shitting all over theirs) and got an A. Their entire fucking presentation was based on websites such as "naturalnews" and equally biased, unreputable bullshit. I had 25+ sources, all of which were very reputable and based solely around fact while also discrediting every single one of theirs, the butthurt was palpable.

Basically GMOs are perfectly safe and anybody who understands the science behind it agrees, the main opposition is from idiots who share the same mental wavelength as those who believe MSG causes cancer. Regarding consumer choice (their argument), the EU tried this, nobody was buying the GMO products because again, consumers are idiots, the companies couldn't afford to sell the products and packed up resulting in even less consumer choice.

>Basically GMOs are perfectly safe and anybody who understands the science behind it agrees,
Also Monsanto is shady as fuck but as it stands they gain nothing from hurting people, especially given profit margins in the field are already razor thin. Even if they were hurting people, that's not to say GMOs are to blame, but the company. Also also, ironically the only legitimate concern about GMOs was crops spreading into the wild; technology (terminator seed) was created to address this but ironically anti-GMO propaganda prevented the terminator seed from seeing commercial viability.

How to Win Friends and Influence People

"Twelve Ways to Win People to Your Way of Thinking"
The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it. Whenever we argue with someone, no matter if we win or lose the argument, we still lose. The other person will either feel humiliated or strengthened and will only seek to bolster their own position. We must try to avoid arguments whenever we can.

Everything is basically a fucking GMO anyways. And the only way youre going to feed a country/world is by making sure food is grown.

Did you watch that on last week tonight? Not a huge john oliver fan, but I remember watching an episode that featured that. Also the chicken companies do that also. Tyson is a pretty fucked up company as well.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Art_of_Being_Right

>Everything is basically a fucking GMO anyways. And the only way youre going to feed a country/world is by making sure food is grown.
That was actually another one of my points; golden rice.
>Did you watch that on last week tonight?
Naw, I did this a while ago. I'm not too familiar with Tyson but I'm aware of the reputation and if there's one thing I hate it's treating animals poorly, so there you go. Also excuse any incoherent rambling, I need sleep.

Terminator seed is a meme, it was never created.

I forgot exactly what happened, but either the research or something else was halted due to the propaganda.

if you suffer fools i have bad news for you

>Is the only way to win not to play?

On the internet, it's the only way.

IRL, you can see him, he can't hind his stupidity.

As a fool, can confirm. Don't argue with me.

what do you mean when you say a person is whatever?

Wanna debate it?
Companies don't gain. The owners do dipshit. And they want you dead and you'll be dead soon enough for them. Enjoy.

lol

with ethos and pathos

fuckin kek

Wasn't the whole point of the terminator seed was so that farmers would have to continually buy seeds?

Honestly "reputable" is equally much a logical fallacy.

This. Instead of arguing... Gently try to seek for ways to tap in to their way of thinking.

IIRC a good rule of thumb is asking them to elaborate on their point or asking them questions related to their point because it gives you attack surface, and they may also realise that they are wrong when they think about the issue in depth:
>you said man-made climate change is a hoax because "water vapor is a more potent greenhouse gas than CO2 anyway"
>yes
>but the data shows that the global average temperature is going up. do you think it's because atmospheric water vapor content is going up? why would that be?
>I don't think it's going up
>then it can't be responsible for the rise in temperature, can it? CO2 is also a greenhouse gas however, albeit less potent, and its concentration has been increasing in the atmosphere. why do you think then that it's not responsible for global warming?
My example is not the best but you get the idea.

>I don't think it's going up
I meant the water vapor content.

>tfw too intelligent to argue with people