One thing that fucks me off to no end is hearing retarded American shit when referring to food:

One thing that fucks me off to no end is hearing retarded American shit when referring to food:

Saying URBS, instead of Herbs, with a H

Ahntrays, instead of saying main course

Goormeye, instead of shutting the fuck up and not busing buzz words.

Broil? You mean grill?

Fuck me... Why do you need to be so fucking inept at describing stuff?

The worst is when Americans use the knife and fork in the wrong hands and then have the gall to SWITCH HANDS to stab the food with the fork

Jesus christ people you eat multiple times a day, you use utensils more than any other object in life other than your phone, and you STILL can't manage the basic coordination?

hourly

>URBS
>Goormeye
>Broil? You mean grill?

none of this registers or makes sense

>Ahntrays

I'll give you that. Also:

OBSESSED

Americans tend not to pronounce the H in herbs, which is stupid

Also the word Gourmet gets thrown around all the time - for no reason but as a buzzword

>Obsessed

Then why are you obsessively so retarded?

We do pronounce the h in herb when we refer to people like you

OBSESSED
S
E
S
S
E
D

The entrée thing for non-americans is really confusing.

>its another why do Americans thread

why do you have such an obsession with a collective group of people scattered across an entire continent that give zero fucks about you?

Entree is French, broiling is not grilling, herbs is phonetically pronounced without the sound of an "H" according to Germanic and Anglo saxton dialogue.

However, the only thing I can be sure about describing is that OP is a faggot.

>InFrench cuisine, as well as in the English-speaking world (save for the United States and parts of Canada), it is a dish served before themain course, or between two principalcoursesof ameal.

I AM LAFFIN

Hourly

Yuropoor

Obsession

Thread

Yet you still replied senpai

Kek.

UK still thinks it's in charge of the English language.

>sage for off topic

It's a dialectical difference. It's no more stupid than you, say, insisting that pants are called "trousers". Neither of those terms is inherently any better than the other nor are either of them inherently superior as words for those objects, but it's what we say. You speak/write English, letters don't always have to be pronounced in this language.

I can't say I've heard the word "gourmet" a lot recently, its usage seems to have died down in the past five years somewhat, but I recall seeing it a lot of microwave food. Mostly it was just marketing, when I did hear it. An easy synonym for "our food is good and well made" without having to repeat yourself, one that happens to be more popular here than across the pond.

Why are YOU obsessively so retarded? You're being a perscriptivist butthole, and more than a little dull besides.

>
>Americans tend not to pronounce the H in herbs, which is stupid
There are many words that do not pronounce every letter in English. Kill yourself.

That's because us Americans are astounded by the amount of obsession you foreigners give us.

You always use your dominant hand for things which need precision. Both lifting food from plate to mouth and slicing meat with a knife are tasks better accomplished with the dominant hand. The only task that doesn't matter much is keeping the goddamn steak steady when you cut it.

There is nothing wrong with exchanging utensils between hands according to what hand can make best use of it.

So people in the US and Canada eat less courses than dirty French idiots?

Good to know.

>cutting a bite size piece of food is a precision task

Lol, I bet you think driving a standard transmission is a great accomplishment

Americans....

I like saying "Happy Herbs" as "'appy 'erbs"

It amuses me

Oh no, dialectal differences!

1) The H was *originally* silent in 'herb', as it was derived from French, Brits didn't start pronouncing the H until the 19th century.
2) With the disappearance of an actual entree in North American cuisine starting in the 20th century, "entree" just came to mean to the main course. It is not a pretentious attempt to sound like we know about French cuisine, it's just what it means in our vocabulary. It's a dialectal difference
4) I can't defend the use of the word 'gourmet', it's definitely a buzzword.
5) Broiling is not grilling, you absolute mongoloid.

>Americans tend not to pronounce the H in herbs, which is stupid

Also the K in knife, fucktards

It's not that heavy a precision task, but I'd rather not slip the fucking knife by using my off hand to cut a steak. If nothing else, it's more difficult.

I hate the phrase "melt in your mouth"; somehow tenderness and the lack of texture is the gold standard for what good food is

What actually (like, literally) keeps me awake at night is the fact that, slowly but surely, 'isation' is being phased out for 'ization' in countries where the former is correct.

> in your mouth
>lack of texture

Broiling is upside down grilling and everyone has a broiler in their oven.

Mate I want to personally thank you for defending our shitposting title. You are giving 'em hell on here.

Like most sperging about American language they actually preserve older forms, like the pronunciation of herb or the definition of entree.

It's based purely on were you are from. I live in California and I have never switched hands.

salamander

>it's just what it means in our vocabulary. It's a dialectal difference
No it's just wrong. It's another language and you're using the word incorrectly.

Hourly

Yuropoor

Obsession

Thread

Stop doing everything retardedly then.

OBESED
B
E
S
E
D

I imagine people from the UK pronounce gnome as "ga nome ay"

You imagine wrong.
Fuckwit.

> Crickey! Do you hear that lads..? Its the screech of the Bearded Neck Autist...! Wow...! What a beauty this one is..! Poor species is nearly dying out because it can't get any pussy. What a pity...

ka nife ay

Just gonna go and put some erbs on my entree of filet steak with a crem and blur cheese sauce.

I imagine Americans are ignorant of anything outside their little bubbles.

is that hidden text for kraft dinner? Ka raft din din

Our little bubble is bigger than the entire colony