So, i FINALLY got myself a kindle so now i have so many fucking options to read for free that i don't know what to do

So, i FINALLY got myself a kindle so now i have so many fucking options to read for free that i don't know what to do.

What are the best and most fun to read books you know?

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/What-happened-to-kickass-torrents
ranker.com/crowdranked-list/the-best-of-the-fantasy-worlds
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do you want to cross off which titles you've read so far in this chart?

I have some charts in my hard drive I can share.

Go straight to the pinnacle of the Western Canon:

>Infinite Jest
>Gravity's Rainbow
>Ulysses

Then you can move on to the second besr set of novels ever written:

>2666
>The Tunnel
>The Recognitions

And finally the third meme trilogy:

>Women and Men
>Hopscotch
>Finnegans Wake

And dont forget these:

>In Search of Lost Time
>My Struggle
>The Magic Labyrinth

Are you aware that literature existed before the 20th century?

Can someone help an old man out with torrenting? How do I start? Just want some free books on my kindle.

>download utorrent, a BitTorrent client
>go to piratebay, kickasstorents, etc.
>find file you want using search feature
>check file size to make sure it makes sense (quality check/virus check)
>remember on kindle you need mobi files
>click the magnet link and it will open in utorrent and start downloading
>after it finishes downloading it will start seeding, you may delete the torrent now if you choose but some would say it's bad ediquette
>they're faggots
>open downloads or whatever destination you chose and enjoy your book/movie/music

This desu. You will find most books under .epub format though, but you can convert them easily and for free to mobi with Calibre. PDF to mobi works too but the result is often horrible.

thank you guys. Now what's all this about a proxy? I'd rather not meet and greet a police officer.

>piratebay
honeypot
>kickasstorrents
kickasstorrents is dead and has been for quite a while now.
>etc.
that doesn't help most people.

Don't bother, literally no one cares about pirating ebooks.

Kickasstorrents is more alive than piratebay even. I find anything I've looked for on these two websites. Find your own torrents fagboy

DUDE FREE STUFF XD

I would also recommend checking sites like libgen and the #ebooks channel on IRCHighway for books.

no, kickasstorrents is literally dead. haven't you read the news? fuck sake. quora.com/What-happened-to-kickass-torrents

to answer OP's question, use Mobilism. just register so you can use their search engine, and it will have quite a lot of commercial books. otherwise, you've chosen a poor time to come into ebook piracy. rutracker is not horrible, thepiratebay isn't bad in a pinch, there's a few other places, IRC is pretty much worthless compared to Mobilism. also, ALWAYS check amazon to see if there's even an ebook available. dunno how many hours i've wasted looking for ebooks that didn't even exist.

>haven't you read the Internet website tech news?!?
""""no"""""
It was working 2 days ago so I assumed it still worked now sorry lad

>libgen
This. You can find a lot there from my experience, I think you'll have better luck than with torrents unless we're talking about specialized trackers. Even then I was on aaaargh for a while and never noticed anything there that I couldn't easily find elsewhere.

Are you aware you've been baited?

gen.lib.rus.ec (make sure to click on 'Non-Russian fiction' when a search turns up nothing) and mobilism are the two best openly accessible ebook download places today

Didnt utorrent have a bitcoin mining scandal?

I stopped using it after that.

Libgen is pretty good, but doesn't seem to have many niche newer releases or genre fiction.

Kickass/torrent sites sometimes have clean versions of a complete series with matching covers which is nice. I've had to go a little deeper to find some books - ex Sanderson Reckoners was DCMAed from public trackers and not on libgen,

Use calibre for organization and file format doesn't matter.

not op but where to get a nice free book on the presocratics for my new kindle paperwhite?

user/workerbee on thepiratebay

thanks based user

Bah, most of them turned out to be pdf's which usually are crap on an ereader.

ranker.com/crowdranked-list/the-best-of-the-fantasy-worlds

why not use IRC #books?

>So, my mom FINALLY got me a kindle so now i've realized that i never cared about reading but had a purely material obsession with this new toy
>I guess I need to put it to some use though so just recommend some good genre fiction?

Try Ender's Game, Clockwork Orange, Kafka on the Shore. But really, you need to read the Bible. There is only one way to join the multitudes thronging and singing Hallelujah around the Lord's throne in eternal Jerusalem and that is through the study of His unmediated word, the King James Version.

Yeah, but the English language has changed so much since the early 1900s that anything written before then is a pain in the ass to read.

have you tried installing gentoo?

rutracker is best tracker

How bad are these e-book reader devices for your eyes and overall health? I've been thinking to get one

They're fine. You can turn the brightness down so far that you still require a light to read, which will help with keeping your sleeping schedule from getting fucked. The strain on your eyes is no worse than reading a normal book.

Fuck off she's not an underaged kid.

>Download mIRC
>Connect to irc.irchighway.net
>join #ebooks
>Set up mIRC to accept DCC requests, file type filter if you like

Bam books

Thanks, friendo

I'd get one, but it'd be really bad for my virtue signalling.