Sentences that trigger Veeky Forums

>Slaughterhouse Five is one of the best books ever written

Skip the Iliad and go straight to the Odyssey.

>john green is a perfect representation of the pseudo-intellectualism that is /li/

Thank god this is Veeky Forums and not /li/

It is though. It's one of the best postmodern works at the very least.

There is serious, deep literary and philosophical merit to Pynchon

Something something Nick Land

E-readers are superior to print books.

Infinite Jest has a purpose other than wasting the reader's time.

>gays have equal rites

It's not even Vonnegut's best work. He has multiple novels, short stories, and other works that are far superior.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I seriously don't understand why this board likes Pynchon so much, though.

You'd only trigger a few people here with this, as most people on this board are too poor to buy physical copies.

Lynchian is the amalgamation of a dark humorous atmosphere with banalized American culture.

Crime and Punishment is better than Brothers K

this is... true isn't it?

Let's go down the laundry list, shall we?

>Catcher In The Rye has the best dialogue ever put to paper
>Don Quixote is such a cliche and hackneyed story
>Idk I skipped the part in 2666 where the murders were described
>idk I skipped the parts in Moby dick that described whaling, the prose isn't really that good anyway
>Heart Of Darkness is racist and thus shouldn't be considered art
>Eww dude why would you read Lolita it's creepy and badly written

Reading nonfiction is mostly a waste of time.

Women are important and deserve respect as fellow human beings

I could understand people saying that about fiction, as silly as it is, but nonfiction? Nigga pls

This guy gets it.

Hegel a shit, as proven when Schopenhauer 360 no-scoped his ass.

>t. DFW

See? It never fails to trigger. Especially because it's true.

>falling for it in this thread

come the fuck on man

Which works do you deem superior user? Bluebeard and Mother Night, if I had to guess?

???

Stephen King is more succussful than your top 3 favorite writers combined.
the truth hurts, bitch.

Good

Imagine my favorite writers making more money than me

they do in some places, unfortunately.

Anglos BTFO; the greatest English language novel was written by an Irishman.

reading should be primarily for entertainment and if a book doesn't hook me with a good plot in the first 50 pages, it's not worth my time

Why would that trigger anyone? 50 pages is a lot. Fuck that book if it can't come up with a story by then.

Translations are typically better than the originals, especially when translated to english.

You got me.

he's right tho

Don't waste your time with the Greeks, as nothing in their patriarchal society can benefit women or people of color.

Doorstop.

Haven't read Mother Night, yet.

Of his novels, I would say Sirens of Titan and Cat's Cradle are far better, and Galápagos, and God Bless You, Mr. Goldwater are marginally better.

I also would rank his short stories 2 B R 0 2 B as well as Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow as definitely better works. Other short stories I might say are better are Harrison Bergeron and Unready to Wear. He also has a work called God Bless You, Dr. Kevorkian, a collection of fictional interviews with people he meets in heaven, and a collection of essays, speeches, and interviews called Wampeters, Foma, and Granfalloons that I think are more worthwhile.

Don't misunderstand me, though. Slaughterhouse-5 is a fine novel, but to suggest it is one of the greatest novels, even of its genre, is a bit much. With works like Picture This, Something Happened, and even Catch-22, Heller blows Vonnegut out of the water.

>Haven't read Mother Night, yet.
Read it user, I think it is one of his best works. Bluebeard is also great (again assuming that you are a Vonnegut fan).

>Don't misunderstand me, though. Slaughterhouse-5 is a fine novel, but to suggest it is one of the greatest novels, even of its genre, is a bit much.
I agree

Lurk more

ree

I don't read this board but I'm going to guess:

Nietzsche was a hack

books are like, ten cents

>especially when translated to english.
lost me there, such a weak and limited language can't make Proust or Tolstoy better

This board have the most retarded, biased opinions when it comes to translation, especially translation of english authors, this is only proof that people here not only don't read, but don't like reading

DFW is brilliant / a hack

He did not rape his sister, Phoebe.

Triggered

DFW > Joyce

other way round mate

fuck you you haven't even read the greeks or you would know how revisionist your views are, i will come to your house and kill you for the good of humanity, you're fucking worse than euripides

you've been successfully triggered

^
exactly...

women and niggers are subhuman

And what's so great about being human

Patterson>King

>God Bless You, Mr. Goldwater

Come on, nigga. It's one of his most mediocre books. I get that you want to be a contrarian hipster but at least be subtle about it.

objectively though, the idiot is best

confirmed for having never read tolstoy

his style is so simple he's probably the most translatable Russian author.

When will you faggots stop worshipping Harold Bloom's cock and get out of the western canon?

Science Fiction is my favorite.

>What music do you listen to when you read?

>translations

This triggers the pleb.

This is perfect not only because it triggers the anglos, but also because it is completely true.

neechee