2017 - 13%

>2017 - 13%
>STILL not a half-decent way to enter equations into a computer

Why is this allowed?

>L-L-at-t-t-
KILL.
YOUR.
SELF.

Latex is the input equivalent of writing a book using Morse code.

So,
1. What do you people use to enter equations into a computer document?
2. Are you happy with it?
3. Do you foresee/expect/hope for any improvements?

>2017
>not using a TI-Nspire
>not using it for solving any equation
TI84 fags stay mad

Use latex senpai

I can type 10 characters per second. Latex is a piece of cake.

You are complaining because you cannot type as fast as you draw symbols but when you were a retard kid drawing symbols was hard too. Heck, I bet your first integral signs looked like shit and then when you wanted to make them nice you had to do it a little slow.

Just git gud at keyboards, fag.

>1. What do you people use to enter equations into a computer document?
I use LaTeX. Your opinions notwithstanding.
>2. Are you happy with it?
Yup!
>3. Do you foresee/expect/hope for any improvements?
The TeX parser is kind of an abomination, with nontrivial macros being sort of impossible which in turn makes all sorts of things more difficult than they need to be. Probably not going to get finished anytime soon though, compatibility and all that.

LaTeX is great for typesetting equations; fucking horrible to write a complex document in (lots of tables, images etc).

seems like it's just hacks built upon hacks

>fucking horrible to write a complex document in (lots of tables, images etc).
I agree -- but it's still much better than anything else I have seen for writing complex documents with lots of tables and images and the like. It sure beats Word.

t. richard stallman

Was thinking about giving something like Adobe InDesign a try one day to be honest but I think the math support would be pretty shitty.

What about Scientific Workplace?

Aren't there apps that make you take pictures/film of handwritten maths and translate it directly into latex ?
Is that hard to do ?

I'm also really interested in a simpler way to write math on a computer.
If somebody knows a way pls let us know it'd be great and really useful.

>not using windows superior technology

latex is the best thing ever happened to math. idk on what grounds a pleb like you are justified to complain. Now go read inter-universal teichmuller theory and admire its awesomeness

>not using ti89

>torrent mathematica 11
>open a blank sheet
>write whatever the fuck you please and calculate stuff while you're at it using the easiest possible UI for math
>right click on text and select "copy as latex"
>???
>paste here

yw newfriends

>integrals
>nice looking
I broke that habit in a day

Latex is pretty intuitive, at least as far as equations are concerned.

No. Its benefits only come that much more obvious with complex documents. It handles all the figures and tables placement should you want to add or remove some portion of texts. WYSIWYG editors are only good for short documents.

TI83 for Lyfe

This.

If we restrict ourselves to typing, then Latex is pretty good. I think any better way of entering equations will have to use some medium other than the keyboard

>1. What do you people use to enter equations into a computer document?
LaTeX
>2. Are you happy with it?
Yes
>3. Do you foresee/expect/hope for any improvements?
Nah, it's a bit of a clusterfuck but as long as you know which packages to use your paper will look exactly like you want it to.

just learn matlab/scilab/octave you lazy fuck
>voluntary becoming an TIcuck
>2011 + 5.9
kys

Who'd u pick for prom king and queen? I voted for Galois

Maple has the best/fastest/prettiest way to enter equations.

I was having this thought the other week when making a shitty Unity game. The possibility of making a mistake when inputting a relatively simple equation is quite high when it all has to be done on a single line with a bunch of dumb shit

> zenith = Mathf.PI / 2 - Mathf.Atan2(eccentricity * Mathf.Sin(trueAnomaly), 1 + eccentricity * Mathf.Cos(trueAnomaly));

Mr. Engineers, there are people on this board who need to type out completely abstract shit for math papers, but thanks for your applied "perspective"!

heyyy i understand this post ima a non brainlet hetyyyyyyy

Engineers at least make a decent salary unlike cucked grad students who do it for free

Am I the only one here who uses MathType? I pretty happy with it and I used it pretty effectively to write a scientific paper.

>it's just hacks built upon hacks
I agree. I like Latex and I use it for everything, but someone should really take it and make less "oh just do x y and z to get p". And I don't mean in a package way, I mean in a serious way.

HP prime is better

Yup, I can't even begin to imagine someone using some fucking UI clicking little symbols like the on-screen keyboard on windows to type something like this down, when it took about 2 minutes to write down in latex

Fuck thermodynamics