How can I concentrate on my own life, about improving myself and devoting myself to learning and enjoying things...

How can I concentrate on my own life, about improving myself and devoting myself to learning and enjoying things, when there's the constant threat of war and destruction hovering above? Whenever I manage to shake off nihilism and find a will to live, there's the fear and anxiety of those distant genocides, tortures, bombings, whatever sucking me into them somehow, my world reduced to nothing but horror and pain, and I loose it all again. I don't want to discuss politics and whose fault is it, and those with interest that manipulate the show - it's always going to be like that. Hell knows how every new conflict will turn out and what'll be the consequences, and there's nothing that can guarantee that I'll continue being relatively safe and those nightmares will continue to be just threats on TV (and yeah, it's also sad and depressing to see countless others butchered and dead).
Any books for this feel? Something to relate to, to help me cope with this?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/115097409
youtube.com/watch?v=yu7n0XzqtfA&index=6&list=PLwxNMb28XmpfEr2zNKQfU97eyEs70krSb
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The stranger.

Faggot.

I sent this picture to an ex and she said it was cute, I felt like a faggot immediately afterwards

it's from watchmen, based in a real story

Well,since you asked for it...everything will change,were on the age of aquarius,just dont worry and "enjoy" the few time this shitty world has left.

You're spending too much time on /x/, /pol/, or political news sites. Whether that actually is our future or not is irrelevant to now. You're ruining your present with an imaginary future. If the future turns out fine, you will forever live in regret for living such a miserable existence for no reason at all. And if it doesn't turn out fine, at least you were able to enjoy the present moment while it lasted. Now stop being such a nihilistic fag and go live your life.

The picture extremely reminds me of the end of a recent Austrialian movie

vimeo.com/115097409
skip to minute 6

I'm no psychologist, but here is some advice.

You have to let your brain recover.

If you're constantly thinking about negative things, and don't let in happy things, you'll slow get more depressed. It's similar to when someone has a workout routine. You have to take breaks and let your body recover, because working out 7 days a week can put a lot of stress on your body and mental health. It might seem annoying when someone just says "be happy!", but it's true. Do the things YOU love, and try to avoid the things that make you feel bad. But the truth is, you need bad things in life, to learn, to understand, to then feel TRULY happy. Again, might sound stupid just to say "be happy!", but take time to find happiness.

So really, always stay informed, but find and maintain happiness.

Take this advice to.

>You're spending too much time on /x/
>tfw got banned from /x/ for being too normie
Not even kidding.

>I'm no psychologist, but here is some advice.
>You have to let your brain recover.
>If you're constantly thinking about negative things, and don't let in happy things, you'll slow get more depressed.
The sentiment's nice tho and you seem genuine at least.

A better idea would be recommending actual physical exercise imo.

I find that exercise won't make you happy. You will be healthier, but putting more stress on yourself isn't.

Also, didn't realize I put just "slow".

I think it's nice for letting the good feels in and the bad feels out. But you have to commit, like you can't half assedly get a runners high or similar.

That is VERY true. But that's kinda what I was trying to get at. You need to feel shitty, stay informed, to truly be happy.

Gonna reference a "debatable" book here. But what the unabomber said in his manifesto, that man must set long term goals to achieve a sense of power, to feel happy. So yes this is true.

Become a stoic my man: youtube.com/watch?v=yu7n0XzqtfA&index=6&list=PLwxNMb28XmpfEr2zNKQfU97eyEs70krSb

These things occur independently of your will - they are beyond your control, and whats more, are inevitable.

You can, however, choose how you react to this knowledge.

Were these things to occur, would it be helpful or advantageous to be paralyzed by anxiety, fear or sadness? No. Is there any situation in which it is useful to be in such a state? No.

You may as well be frightened of the wind or the rain for all the good it'd do you.

Read Aurelius, Epictetus and Seneca

Kali yuga ends in 2025, happy times after that though

Are we gonna die? Be honest now.

You'll never improve your own life by concentrating on yourself, because your life is predicated upon the nature of your interactions with the outside world.

Get a job you don't hate and find a way to fill your day with the things you love.

Idiot.

Are you one of those singularity faggots?

Obv we're all going to die.

Your fagometer is working at least.

You didn't mean the same thing to her and that's why she's your ex.

No, i was just wondering what happens at the end of "Kali yuga"

Improving yourself is a waste of time.

Don't be self-centered.

Quit being a faggot and go read Blood Meridian

and what if you are wrong?

quod fuimus estis, quod sumus vos erites
we are not here to enjoy, but not to complain also.

if you move to a rural area and learn how to grow food you have a good chance of survival

Hey that's what i'm trying to do!

To bad I don't have enough time!

>8 years

Well with no education, and no solid source of income, i'm doomed!

do you think varg, of all people, ever had any of these things?

Well he does have a band, cult, board game, and I also think he sells t-shirts on his website.

He also has a book and movie.

>band
doesn't make money
>board game
maybe 2 people bought it
He can't be living off of t-shirts
also
>band
his music is shit though

I love you

You will die alone.

Everyone will die alone :S