wrong
based
weirdly doubtful.

okay

>/biz. THE source for crypto related information

meme

just sold 100k :(

100k eoy if dubs

Attached: DQmWVz9ooZpvkn5rytU3yfWecid9TLCFxZGeMBreg4EKMSL.png (751x733, 408K)

Smart contracts will be. But since smart contracts without oracles are useless, you are basically right.

>data is the new oil

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 8K)

link is the new oil actually.
kys

To all Linklets < 5k:

Thank you for making me feel good about my 10500 stack. You won't be forgotten when the singularity hits provided you can prove you bought and held with what little you had.

Everyone who buys in at this stage and truly believes in the project deserves to make it, regardless of stack size

>Everyone who buys in at this stage and truly believes in the project deserves to make it, regardless of stack size
so true.

>tfw 400 link
>will unironically become a criminal again just to buy more link

dude, 1 month at mcdonalds. minimum wage and bam buy link.

The price is going back up now, why you sell when it was lowest?

Receiving a 10k bonus in a few days. Do I throw it on Link? I have 7500 at present.

nah

Jelly user spotted

Guys, i work for swift and we have no deal with ChainLink, nothing signed and nothing in the process. A friend told me about what was happening here and i felt the need to warn you.. Be safe out there, there's a lot of scams in crypto

kekd

Attached: whale.jpg (609x352, 175K)

thank you so much kind user just sold my whole portfolio

where would i be without this korean instant messaging chat room

If REQ mainnet isn't out by then pick some of that up first. Use your gains from that and go all in on LINK

LINK is intrinsically worthless. Node operators can be paid in existing cryptocurrencies. Just look at the testnet right now, it only accepts ETH instead of LINK lmao. It means that ETH can easily be substituted for it, that is, if someone wants to fork the token to accept ETH (an established cryptocurrency instead of some fucking ERC20 token made with a two-man team), LINK is basically useless. That is besides the fact that everything LINK aims to do can be easily done by cryptographically signing the data from the API source.
>muh next ETH

Link, 5 months in: 35 cents (3.5x ICO)
Ethereum, 5 months in: $5.50 (17x ICO)

Uh oh, pissed stinker incoming HAHA........

Attached: 121_1000.jpg (1000x1250, 298K)

LINK shitters are basically cultists at this point

Bro i know you sold your link stack at the bottom, you dont have to be salty about it

bro dat body.

>10500
I've had 10800 and ended up with almost nothing thanks to my shitty decisions, and was in link from day one, before that I had around 1400 antshares (later NEO)

Now I have around 3100 links, huge initial losses from time I was learning about crypto ($10k which in my shithole is fortune) and no hope to recover

I can't get over the fact that everyone ignored your shitty pasta that you had to start posting pics of thots with it just to get some kind of reaction
just fucking lol

Attached: 1421751866897.png (441x445, 274K)

You won’t do it

Can someone explain this coin to me? Is it good or just a shitcoin lots of people bought into and are trying to dump their bags?

Don't be stupid guys, email us for a formal reply don't fall for this scam

It’s bazinga 2.0. Just leave it

Somwthing bad happened during sxsw ?
I mean if link was a winner it would not be 3,5x from ico price.
I have 12500 link bags and I would like to know the reason for the revent dump

>smart contracts are useless without oracles

except localethereum are using SC without chainlink and its operating just fine.

The law firm i work for is looking into smart contracts and theres no mention of chainlink, or if it will ever be used, There is however a third party company (based in the same city as us) they will hire to actually link banking and the cryptochain.

as the name implies, its the link of data into blockchains without compromising the decentralized aspect of the technology.

you can't run smartcotnracts without data and you can't input data into smartcontracts without chainlink, which is a decentralized network of oracles.

its a useless token thats been spammed on this board for a year.

and that fucking third party company will basically control everything and be a huge risk to your law firm you dingo. whats the point of a blockchain if its the third firm that ends up centralizing the information?

>and that fucking third party company will basically control everything and be a huge risk to your law firm you dingo.

you are literally retarded, the banks that handle our money are middle men too, theyve done a good for us since the law firm existed

Yeah man, I am worried my heavy bags of 5k will cause the market to crash so I shill it on Veeky Forums

>/biz
Kill yourself

>except localethereum are using SC without chainlink and its operating just fine
yeah, pushing around eth is the most basic thing a sc should be able to do, just like in ICOs. Without any real world usage (which will need oracles in most cases) the eth you just bought on localeth is soon to be fucking worthless.
>The law firm i work for is looking into smart contracts and theres no mention of chainlink, or if it will ever be used. There is however a third party company (based in the same city as us) they will hire to actually link banking and the cryptochain.
I never even mentioned chainlink, only oracles you retard. That sketchy third party company (oraclize? just fucking lol) your law firm will use is also an oracle. Too bad that a centralized oracle is totally beside the point, but what do I care if the boomers in your law firm and bank will have the whole thing explode into their faces.

Attached: url.gif (523x611, 527K)

If you don't mind centralization then there's no need to run shit on a blockchain, i.e. your law firm is retarded/just in it for the hype.

you dont understand the full scope and potential, blockchain tech is coming, but unfortunately it'll probably be centralized.

I miss all the bazinga thots. We need a dedicated thotposter for /biz.

The most exciting and interesting smart contracts will use external data to trigger the smart contract. You have to think bigger than trading shitcoins. If Chainlink becomes easy for developers to use (which it almost certainly will through Zeppelin_os), as is their aim, then a whole new class of shitcoins will be created. It will be the ICO boom all over again except with projects that can utilise external data. Stuff like Request Network is already an example.

Also, because you can run a node with your LINK, this will allow people to monetise their data. The API economy is worth $1 trillion. If chainlink captures only 3% of that, it’s going to the moon. Connecting the API economy and smart contracts is genius and perfectly well timed with psd2 and open medical records in the states. It’s so well timed that I really feel like I’m living in a simulation or something, it’s just such a significant coincidence!

Chainlink isn’t some pajeet joke of a project just riding on the coattails of the crypto hype. smartcontract.com is a legit as fuck company. I think there’s a reason their new office is in the financial district of San Francisco. And the SWIFT PoC and the fact that they want LINK to be compatible with legacy systems should also tell you how legit they actually are.

So we have LINK getting value from the dApp startup sphere, and the API economy, coupled with utilisation of smart contracts by existing businesses. It’s just perfect. Plus there are no competitors. There is no comparable decentralized, blockchain agnostic oracle network. While some people may want to use a centralised oracle, that doesn’t matter to the success of LINK really, I don’t see why the two can’t co-exist. I really feel like I’ve got in early on something big. Who else feels this way?

Attached: 484D1CD4-B5E7-41D7-AAC5-0D4952F99393.png (875x1010, 382K)

>it’ll probably be centralized
Psd2 and the push for open banking in the coming year or two will want to be using decentralised systems though

That would be helpful yes.

link might optimistically speaking hit $15 when mainnet and swift are finally here.
however, we are going to seek measly returns from staking it. check out oraclize prices!
unless you have enough tokens for two+ nodes you won't be able to live off this

If Link was going to be as big as you say the price would already be higher as smarter people with a lot more money than us would be buying truck loads. I believe the same thing you do and have done all the research but the truth remains that nobody is talking about except for us.

but user, chainlink nodes dont need any link to work......

Right now the technicals of node operator incentives aren’t clear enough for big players to buy in. By buying in early we are taking the leap of faith in that SmartContract will make it work.

False. Running a node will be very profitable.
The minimum that Oraclize charges is 1 cent per job. They claim to do “thousands” of jobs a day. So if they do 2000 jobs a day, they make $7000 a year. That’s extremely profitable. You could retire in a backwards ass country on that. And this isn’t even taking into account the API economy that LINK is poised to take a share of.

I don’t understand how you could possibly think this way. Big businesses don’t care about tweeting about the latest crypto hype. Why the fuck would anyone outside of retail investors talk about this?
Besides, many think tanks and consultancies etc have published reports talking about the future of their businessses and how important smart contracts will be. A number of these documents also talk about oracles in a general sense. The fact is that smart contract adoption won’t happen for a year or two, so why would they discuss the specific implementation of an oracle network that doesn’t even exist on a mainnet yet?
Besides, Sergey has retained a few million tokens to give away to the big players. I’m sure he has connections and didn’t do this based on a faint hope but rather on realistic expectations and behind the scenes networking.

The fact that there’s only around 20,000 people with LINK wallets is incredible. We’re at the ground floor!

non-private nodes will. otherwise how pay for the collateral if bad data is fed by the oracle?
weak fud, son

I only have 2695 and finding it hsrd to but more I feel like killing myself.

Is this for real or just a shitpost based on pic related?

Attached: 1518663664859.jpg (1830x349, 216K)

$7000 in staking rewards a year for a node.. there will need to be between 10k and 100k in a node. linkpool will do 100k pools.
even with 10k nodes this would justify a price of 7$ per link at a roi of 10%. at 100k nodes that's .7$
and that's assuming you really get to do 2k jobs per day...
>we all gonna make it!!!

Attached: 1516453465556.jpg (970x980, 110K)

Sergey Nazareth will redeem us.

Well spotted, user. Weak FUD.

If you just use your imagination a bit and try to imagine what the future will look like based on the available evidence it becomes very easy to see how LINK will fit into a future economy of smart contracts and data feeds.

Big players aren’t involved now because it’s only just beginning.

>there will need to be between 10k and 100k in a node. linkpool will do 100k pools.
>even with 10k nodes this would justify a price of 7$ per link at a roi of 10%. at 100k nodes that's .7$

I don’t think you understand fully. There is no minimum nor maximum amount for a node. And there’s really no way we can know how much money we can make with LINK nodes. All I’m saying is that we should expect returns at least similar to Oraclize and probably growing and growing as the smart contract / data feed economy grows and more high value jobs are completed. So $7000 a year would be minimum.

agreed, we can only speculate!
however, with 7kk tokens in circulation we can see 700 nodes if they all have 10k in them.
each of them doing 2k requests per day nets us 1.4kk requests per day.
even getting to this many will be tough within the next 2 years or so.
It's all guesstimation but what it comes down to is this:
$7.5 per link would be a realistic value until we surpass the 1.4kk requests which requires adoption levels reached no sooner than 2020.
it's gonna be pic related kiddo

Attached: stronghodl.jpg (178x250, 9K)

Seems like big players are involved, they just can't publicly say so, just yet.

Swift still being the biggest player imaginable.

>kk
k means thousand. Kk does not mean hundred thousand (which I assume is what you mean when you type this). You should write like this
7000 = 7k
70,000 = 70k
700,000 = 700k

Or do you think kk means million? “MM” is used for million, user. Like 7MM, or 7mil would also make sense.

It's for real. Realistically we are a solid 2-3 years away. I'll say 2 because shit moves fast in this space and mainnet is probably ahead of schedule. Although we need more info on the token economics. I've asked in slack awhile back but they just gave a brief general overview and countered the FUD from some other biz post about token economics not being profitable.
I understand where you're coming from believe me I'm not claiming you're saying anything false. Simply we are so far away. 20,000 wallets is such a small number I cannot bring myself to believe I got in on ground floor. ChainLink isn't a secret.

Lots of individual accounts in the binance wallet

>20,000 wallets is such a small number I cannot bring myself to believe I got in on ground floor. ChainLink isn't a secret.
What is this supposed to mean?
By being in the first 20,000 people to own LINK, we actually are early adopters, on the ground floor.
No, chainlink is not a secret, but there’s really no reason for businesses to talk about using it publicly when they don’t even have a working product. The token is still essentially a start-up. Once the network is actually being used, they may talk about it, but again I don’t really see why serious businesses would care to make public statements hyping crypto projects

Doesn’t matter if there are a few more people holding on Binance. It’s not likely to be that many people is it. And anyone holding on Binance is probably not holding a large amount, otherwise they would store it more safely.

>tfw only 6800 linkies

I'm not asking for twitter updates everyday. To be frank, I don't even know why they needed an ico. They could have just gone with accredited investors because this project would easily be sell itself. Although hard not to do an ico and then claim you're "decentralized" so I get it. Part of me feels we kinda luck boxed our way in to begin with.

That's why Sergey is worshipped and meme'ed to such levels here. He is seen as being extremely based.

That's essentially what AssBlaster said

Bare in mind that Sergey believes in the philosophy of blockchain, he has a vision of a trustless world, hence the ideological commitment to decentralisation , so yeah of course they did an ICO

Huge news... See Reddit, team is ahead of schedule. BOOM.

OP is a bag holding faggot.

You have to go back

thanks, all the other coins moon harder, get out

Nice thread guys. Good to have some solid discussions on the project every now and then.

I have 45k all sitting in binance atm

Attached: 1518363620167.gif (374x520, 12K)

i've got over 130k links on binance...I really need to store it in a ledger soon lol

Here's some pasta.
>ChainLink is not only a bridge for triggering smart contracts from other platforms but is also the first one which can securely insert offline data into smart contracts or grabbing them out from elsewhere. Every single visionary use case with ethereum you heard of needs data from outside of the crypto Ecosystem.

600 linkies here.

Ever since i got into crypto my criminal energy just skyrocketed. I'm not proud of it, but i feel like i need to come up with SOME way to get a proper initial investment going.

I found some little niches where i can use my programming experience to cheat myself to some moderate earnings, but i constantly feel like i am running out of time.

Go on

Honestly, nearly all of you faggots are just hopeless.

Dumb fucks.

do tell user

Can't really talk about it in detail because its still relatively few people doing it and every additional one diminishes my earnings, but essentially there are lots companies on the web nowadays trying to hook normies into what is essentialy gambling by luring them with some price money. A lot of those kinda games are very straightforward to cheat at if you can handle coding some assistive software.

Whats up with our high volume and low ass price?

Kmd is in double digits.
t.all in link

Attached: 1520691756788.jpg (699x485, 68K)

Oh well good for you

Oil is dead. Long live oil.
t. Oil and gas fag

bags r heavy, palms gettin sweaty

Attached: 1278617171852.jpg (406x346, 32K)

ned moar linksys oni hab 50k

Attached: lolllollololol.gif (384x216, 280K)

On Average this works out to a maybe.

So this means go all in right?

30k LINK here.

Thanks for making me feel better about my stack.

50+k on Binance

LINK is intrinsically worthless. Node operators can be payed in existing cryptocurrencies. Just look at the testnet right now, it only accepts ETH instead of LINK lmao. It means that ETH can easily be substituted for it, that is, if someone wants to fork the token to accept ETH (an established cryptocurrency instead of some fucking ERC20 token made with a two-man team), LINK is basically useless. That is besides the fact that everything LINK aims to do can be easily done by cryptographically signing the data from the API source.
>muh next ETH

Link, 5 months in: 35 cents (3.5x ICO)
Ethereum, 5 months in: $5.50 (17x ICO)

Uh oh, pissed stinker incoming HAHA.

Low tier fud

Kys