TFW you read and watched, reread, and rewatched Lord of the Rings obsessively growing up...

TFW you read and watched, reread, and rewatched Lord of the Rings obsessively growing up, then finally read the Silmarillion and realize that all modern fantasy is built on biblical tradition, then you read that Tolkien was a devout catholic who even converted C.S. Lewis to Christianity and then you read the quote:
"We differ entirely about the nature of the relation of sub-creation to Creation. I should have said that liberation "from the channels the creator is known to have used already" is the fundamental function of "sub-creation", a tribute to the infinity of His potential variety [...] I am not a metaphysician; but I should have thought it a curious metaphysics — there is not one but many, indeed potentially innumerable ones — that declared the channels known (in such a finite corner as we have any inkling of) to have been used, are the only possible ones, or efficacious, or possibly acceptable to and by Him!" - Tolkien, Letter 153

Don't know about any of that but that 'et tu brute' tattoo got me right in them chuckles.
>saved

>et tu Brute
Your banning has truly been a noble sacrifice, OP.

It's directed at all the brutes she thought she could trust as friends but found out they just wanted to "stab" her between the legs.

Put me in the screenshot

Why is it "Brute" in this context when vocative second declensions seem to indicate it should be "Bruto"? Is it just irregular?

Please don't be lewd.

For Rome!

is it supposed to be pronounced t(u) like p(u)t or toot?

I'm learning latin right now but when people spell out latin words in english contents they hardly ever indicate whether it's a long noun or short.

Et tuh Bruhtuhs

You what?
Vocatives are always the same as nominatives, except in masculine singulars in -us of the second declension. If the nominative ends in -ius, then the vocative ending is -i, if the nom. ending is -us, the voc. end is -e.
"Brute" is perfectly regular from "Brutus".

I go by American Spanish pronunciation, no one seems to notice or at the very least care

et too brooteh

Hey guys, what's happening in this thread?

IIRC final open vowels (except for -e, which depends on ending) are always long.
I'd also advise you to think of the difference between long and short as primarily one of quality (that is, the time you pronounce them for) and only secondarily as one of quality (that is, what sound they make), if at all.

Latin grammar and pronunciation discussion

shit you're right. srry I ain't got much practice yet

>quality...quality
quantity;)

The one exception I can remember is "deus" for which just "deus" is the usual vocative.

Et Tu Blu-ray

Eat two broccolis

(You)
THIS IS GOLD

Are asians supposed to look whiter than white people?

The brute clearly has paler skin