I like cabernet sauvingnon and riesling. I dont know squat about wine. What other types would I like?

I like cabernet sauvingnon and riesling. I dont know squat about wine. What other types would I like?

Other urls found in this thread:

io9.gizmodo.com/wine-tasting-is-bullshit-heres-why-496098276
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mad Dog 20/20

Pinot blanc

Cabernet Sauvignon?

How'd you get banned from Google?

Surprising you don't know wine well and you like Cabernet and Riesling. They are quite different in flavor and body so I'm not sure where I would direct you next. Perhaps try unoaked Chardonnay from France and a Pinot Noir?

Do you like your Rieslings dry or sweet?

zinfandel master race reporting in

not that white zinfandel shit though

I don't know much at all about wine either, but like you enjoy cabernet sauvingnon. I like shiraz also, not too find of merlot. Pino noir is nice too, but a bit more pricey (I drink around the £5 - £8 a bottle mark).

Following this thread with interest, really should learn a bit more.

It all tastes the same, this has been proven time and time again. Not even so-called "Sommeliers" (LMAO) can tell. Wine is the biggest fucking scam ever pulled on humanity.

>it all tastes the same
t.shart

io9.gizmodo.com/wine-tasting-is-bullshit-heres-why-496098276

whinefags BTFO

Try a tempranillo.

So wine reviews are no better than audiophile hardware peddlers? All subjective made up bullshit.

Seems about right.

Is anyone really surprised by this? Same goes for the tasting notes on whisky, some of them are totally absurd and complete shots in the dark.

Why does the existence of some obvious bullshit make people think that *all* of it is bullshit?

You'd probably like Malbecs

Because thanks to the lack of distinction between the two, lots of people don't take any of it seriously.

Tell me if its good or not, I don't care if you want to pretend you can make out notes of Tibetan tea leaves on the nose

>Tell me if its good or not

How could anyone possibly do that given that different people have different preferences? The whole concept of "good or not" is entirely subjective.

Instead, people describe the subject at hand and then you can decide for yourself if it's the sort of thing that you would like (or not) based on the details of the description.

>subjective
Or as scientists call it, bullshit

If preferances are "bullshit" then why is it that some people like to look at abstract art while others consider it to be random crap?

Why do some people like metal music while others consider it nothing but noise?

Why do some people love Westerns (movies) while others find them boring?

..and so on. clearly different people have different preferences, and different types of wine, whiskey, coffee, beer, etc, are no different.

Sometimes it's not just the style of wine, but how it's finished. I know I don't like dry wines, but know people who can't stand anything over 0.990 FG.

>Try a tempranillo.

What he said. Especially from Chile. Excellent wines from Chile.

The other examples you gave have measurable differences between examples, whereas wine does not. It is pretty much everything wrong with foodie "culture"