I recorded 3 video animations for trigonometry. I was hoping you guys could check it out

I recorded 3 video animations for trigonometry. I was hoping you guys could check it out.

There is no talking and i use basic graphics to teach trig fast and in a fun way.

should i post in /adv/ ??

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCST4iENQSpk4OLYcscA1X0A
youtube.com/watch?v=JAfTo6jfTaU&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/channel/UCiGxYawhEp4QyFcX0R60YdQ
youtube.com/user/profrobbob
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

sorry here is the link:

youtube.com/channel/UCST4iENQSpk4OLYcscA1X0A

The first video has typos, for example you say "Pythagra's Theorum".
You've also completely left out the degree symbol.

I always like to encourage people to make videos like this. Keep going.

oops, im a mathematician wanna be, i dunno spelling well lol.

ty!!!!!!!

it would be nice if instead of titling ur videos "trig- episode 1" you would actually explain a bit about the specific content of the visor in the title

yeah, this

Always nice to see videos like this. However you gotta assume you're targeting someone who doesn't quite get it, not a mathematician. So for example at 1:50 you rattle through the equations pretty fast. If I'm struggling to understand trig, I'm going to be switched off by that. The videos seem to be aimed at somebody with enough mathematical background to not be confused by trigonometry.

It would be good to have more moving animations than just stating trig equations with pictures. I think the ideal way of explaining things involves a single animation that you can watch and allows your brain to do the rest. For example gif related

Anyway that's just my opinion. Good luck with your videos.

I think that might be more useful for novices if it paused at the important angles and showed the values.

OP, I love seeing people interested in teaching other people something. Efficient information transmission is why we're where we are, so keep doing it.

Here's a constructive criticism:
Try working on the quality of the videos - invest a few days of production in every single video and polish it to perfection. The current ones give no reason to people to upvote them because they barely teach anything, and it's already full of other polished videos that perfectly describe everything (which will usually appear on the recommended videos side and will steal your potential subs).

And always keep to the minimal, most efficient way to describe something. You might feel a need to create 10 minutes of detailed info, don't do that, keep them as short as possible without damaging or losing their information content - just don't stretch them with pointless shit that the other 90% of such videos do.

I doesn't matter. Whenever you're trying to convey your work to someone, if you can't spell or use grammar correctly, people won't take you seriously.
The same goes for any papers you publish - if it's written badly no one will want to read it no matter how great the work inside of it is. You'll be made a laughing stock.

This

After reading so much smart replies with good grammar here, and mostly bad replies with poor grammar, my brain has automatically associated poor grammar with "probably underage, don't bother" no matter the post content. I only clicked this thread because I like seeing people make educational videos.

You should really work on your English and specifically written English. Start by at least typing like everyone else in the thread and starting your sentences with a capitalized letter

>much
many*

As you can see, English isn't my main language as well but at least I'm putting an effort

i am going to make this change. thank you!

great advise

I remade the first episode if anyone is interested:
youtube.com/watch?v=JAfTo6jfTaU&feature=youtu.be

hey i checked out your videos, you should post some stuff on derivatives. I've probably already pretty much failed my calc class but id check em out if you put some up

Great video OP. Wish I had something like this years ago. You earned yourself a sub. Keep up the good work.

I promise I will eventually but it may be a while.
try out:

Michel van Biezen
youtube.com/channel/UCiGxYawhEp4QyFcX0R60YdQ

and

prof rob bob
youtube.com/user/profrobbob

Thank you so much!
It's never too late i guess.