Does anyone else on Veeky Forums get terrified by conspiracy theories? About a week ago I read something on flat earth...

Does anyone else on Veeky Forums get terrified by conspiracy theories? About a week ago I read something on flat earth, and I (no joke) fucking cried myself to sleep until I passed out. Everytime I read or even see something that makes me think of conspiracy theories, I start to panic, and end up being depressed for the rest of the day. Anyone else feel this too?

Other urls found in this thread:

nobodytm.com/archive/ep1.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no what the fuck

I am just soooo like this omg. Debra's gonna love it.

Why did you just stop there without actually explaining why you had that reaction?

Because I don't really know myself, there's just something fucking about it. It kills me not to know why.

OP here, this is what I was reading btw

Probably from the pain of suspecting the power elite could be actively deluding the populace and that most people could lack enough intelligence to be deceived.

I'm not a flat earther, though.

I'm not asking for you to have a perfect and complete explanation, but you should have something a little more than the nothing you wrote. I'm certain you didn't just go from coming across the concept of "flat earth" directly to feeling terror. There was something in between. Something you thought about.

Don't be so open minded that your brain falls out

The dark side of the moon must knock you out. Or the hollow Earth. Did you know that our reality is a construct, beamed from Saturn?

Could you explain more? I've heard this theory many times but never gotten a real bare-bones explanation of it.

Dude the turtle is magic or something.

There is always a dark side of the moon, a side turned away from us, always the same spot. We don't know what's there, and the elites are curiously disinterested in the moon since the Cold War.

The Hollow Earth theory - the idea there is a large rent in the planet, at the North Pole.

David Icke believes that the imagery and symbolism of Saturn is in lots of power structures, and Satanism. He believes Saturn is broadcasting a reality, a firewall-like entity which limits our potential. In this idea, the moon is a broadcast booster.

My ex-girlfriend had this. She also had anxiety and some other stuff. If you have any other problems, consider that this may be linked to that.

Sounds like you have a mental problem going on there dude. Honestly go see a psych and tell them about this. That is an extreme and abnormal reaction.

Read Foucault's pendulum

It will either cure you or drive you completely mad

Honestly that wasn't OP, i'm OP cunt.

But anyway, Everytime I read literally anything about conspiracy theories. The amount of terror that washes over me is insane. Not just like "woah i'm kinda spooked lmao". I get legitimate fear and terror. The thing's I thought about were general just fear of "Is he right or is he wrong".

See this kinda shit, freaks me the fuck out. I'm no joke shaking writing this.

If it's any consolation I feel the exact same way. conspiracy theories are terrifying on multiple levels: on the surface, they make the world out to be an awful dystopian nightmare, but most quasi-intelligent people know that the vast majority of conspiracy theories are bogus, but the conspiracy theory in question seems so plausible; if we believe, we feel like stupid conspiracy theorists, if we disbelieve, we feel like stupid sheep. Most people, when confronted with this choice, prefer not to choose at all, and are then made anxious by cognitive dissonance.

This is how I feel ALL THE FUCKING TIME!

You should probably get of the computer and get a hobby. Maybe gardening or cooking or something can calm your nerves.

ever watched/heard of "nobodyTM"? I wouldn't recommend it to the faint of heart but if you're in to plumbing the depths of your own dread and anxiety i'd check some of his videos out

nobodytm.com/archive/ep1.html

You mean this?

Read Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco, and the Illuminatus! trilogy

"Foucault's Pendulum is divided into ten segments represented by the ten Sefiroth. The novel is full of esoteric references to the Kabbalah. The title of the book refers to an actual pendulum designed by the French physicist Léon Foucault to demonstrate the rotation of the earth, which has symbolic significance within the novel.

Bored with their work, and after reading too many manuscripts about occult conspiracy theories, three vanity publisher employees (Belbo, Diotallevi and Casaubon) invent their own conspiracy for fun. They call this satirical intellectual game "The Plan," a hoax that connects the medieval Knights Templar with other occult groups from ancient to modern times. This produces a map indicating the geographical point from which all the powers of the earth can be controlled—a point located in Paris, France, at Foucault’s Pendulum. But in a fateful turn the joke becomes all too real.

The three become increasingly obsessed with The Plan, and sometimes forget that it's just a game. Worse still, other conspiracy theorists learn about The Plan, and take it seriously. Belbo finds himself the target of a real secret society that believes he possesses the key to the lost treasure of the Knights Templar.

Orchestrating these and other diverse characters into his multilayered semiotic adventure, Eco has created a superb cerebral entertainment."

Illuminatus!:

"It was a deadly mistake. Joseph Malik, editor of a radical magazine, had snooped into rumors about an ancient secret society that was still alive and kicking. Now his offices have been bombed, he's missing, and the case has landed in the lap of a tough, cynical, streetwise New York detective. Saul Goodman knows he's stumbled onto something big—but even he can't guess how far into the pinnacles of power this conspiracy of evil has penetrated.

Filled with sex and violence—in and out of time and space—the three books of The Illuminatus! Trilogy are only partly works of the imagination. They tackle all the cover-ups of our time—from who really shot the Kennedys to why there's a pyramid on a one-dollar bill—and suggest a mind-blowing truth."

wow.... 0_o blows my MiNd

this

And what's he gonna do, give me some pills or some shit?

yeah mannn and the pills will hardwire your brain into becoming a torture-slave of the pharma branch of the NWO, they'll force you to undergo extreme episodes of pain and mental delirium as part of their experiments

or he'll just offer you some therapy to talk through your problems and figure out what's going on

Dude, fuck that. Read William Cooper and Fritz Springmeier pdfs on the internet.

Good luck.

First two would be incredibly interesting third is retarded. Dont see why any would be spooky

I honestly believe you may have a mental disorder

Seek help, just in case