Times when the film adaptation was better than the book

Times when the film adaptation was better than the book
>seriously, the book sucked ass

I don't really agree. The book was much more interesting, but the film was really a fantastic looking film.

Blade Runner. Godfather.

Kubrick's adaptations save for Lolita

Forrest Gump. He actually fucking goes to outer space in the book and starts his own political party called "we gotta pee".

>Blade Runner.
Disagree strongly, even though I am a fan of both.

I thought this read that he starts his own political party in space, like, he crash-landed on Mars, and met aliens, and became entangled in Martian politics, and said 'we gotta pee', so I spent about 3 minutes scouring to see if this was actually true.

Holes

dig it uh oh oh
dig it

I personally liked High Fidelity with John Cusack more than the book.

>blade runner
whoa user

Roy's death in the book was very underwhelming, especially for someone like myself who watched the movie first.

I still prefer the book to the movie though.

Fight Club
The bus scene where the bald guys try cutting his balls off is way better in the book, and the final scene in the hospital is better in the book than the film's ending as well. But out of that the movie is way better.

American Psycho
Movie cuts all the unnecessary shit, and is just ambiguous enough. I just wished the film was a little longer and contained some of the hallucination scenes (the bone in the soap, and walking park bench)

I always thought the book of American Psycho was so much better. You really see him descend into total insanity more slowly and precisely, with the movie it feels like it's happening too fast. The autistically matter-of-fact way the book's written translated awkwardly to the movie, the voice-overs didn't really work.

>Fight Club
The movie really, really, really toned down the humor. My favorite scene in the book is Marla finds out the guys are using her own mother's fat to make soap, and so the she starts chasing the narrator around the apartment while slipping all the busted fat.

This is why I'm glad there is no "Survivor" film yet, because they'd do the same thing with that one.

The book sucked more ass than the film???

It's very visual. They basically reshaped the plot of the story to be really impressionistic of the main character's experience and paired it with really great 2001-like visuals. It's very impressive.

Godfather the book is shitty pulp. The movies are the two best ever

Hard to be a god (2013)
The Leopard (1963)

This film is in no way inferior or superior to the novel. It's probably the most amazing conversation from novel to film I've ever seen (both are fantastic): Comos (2015)

Terrible terrible movies

lurk more
post less

The underwhelming death reflected mercerism. I thought mercerism was th e best part of the book and it was removed from the film. Blade Runner is OK but the novel had the better story